Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Easter Candy and Treats

Chocolate Easter Bunnies are a necessity in our Easter baskets. I also
bought Fruit by the Foot and straws that turn your milk into chocolate
milk.

I love Cadbury Cream Eggs and Mini Eggs. I love jellybeans, especially
Jellybellies, Starburst jellybeans, black jellybeans and spiced
jellybeans. I don't like to eat Peeps, but I do like the look of them.

My mother-in-law occasionally makes an Easter Bunny cake.

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tara" > wrote in message
> Chocolate Easter Bunnies are a necessity in our Easter baskets. I also
> bought Fruit by the Foot and straws that turn your milk into chocolate
> milk.
>
> I love Cadbury Cream Eggs and Mini Eggs. I love jellybeans, especially
> Jellybellies, Starburst jellybeans, black jellybeans and spiced
> jellybeans. I don't like to eat Peeps, but I do like the look of them.
>
> My mother-in-law occasionally makes an Easter Bunny cake.

We don't do a lot of sweets here. I did buy a box of 8 pretty cookies at
Costco. They have a lot of frosting and look like flowers. They are
individually wrapped. There is a big chance that nobody will eat them but
they are beautiful and my mom can't have real flowers due to allergies.

Angela will be making some cookies soon. This will be a first for her.
We'll see how they come out. More and more of her friends are employed now
in the food industry so she is finally wanting to work with food.

I did buy a few small treats for the baskets. Angela wanted a chocolate
rabbit. I think her desire for one is because we can never seem to find
them in the stores that are peanut free. I had to mail order one and it
wasn't cheap. I am actually not doing a basket for her this year but a
shopping bag. Ulterior motive there! I saw a cute bag with a cat on it
that I want. Am hoping she will let me use it after. Heh. The bag will
mostly be full of food but not a lot of sweets. She and husband are both
big into jerky these days with bacon being the favorite. She has also been
wanting peanut butter a lot so I got some jars of alternate nut and seed
butters for her. Also socks. She collects socks. Not like she needs any
more but I do get them when I find interesting looking ones. These are in
bright spring colors with highly cushioned bottoms. Oh! I also got her a
Spring gingerbread house kit.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 16:16:22 -0500, Tara wrote:
>
>> Chocolate Easter Bunnies are a necessity in our Easter baskets. I also
>> bought Fruit by the Foot and straws that turn your milk into chocolate
>> milk.

> Those straws with the beads in them don't work worth crap. And my
> Easter bunnies need to be solid white chocolate that you gnaw on with
> your teeth - not those cheap-assed hollow bunnies that crumble as soon
> as you bite into them.
>
> Easter candy is half-price on Monday morning at my local grocer. That
> includes the Cadbury Creme Eggs.

If your store has any left, then great! Around here, the only stuff left
the day after is cheap chocolate and jelly beans or other odd things that
nobody wanted.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/18/2014 5:16 PM, Tara wrote:

> Chocolate Easter Bunnies are a necessity in our Easter baskets. I also
> bought Fruit by the Foot and straws that turn your milk into chocolate
> milk.
>
> I love Cadbury Cream Eggs and Mini Eggs. I love jellybeans, especially
> Jellybellies, Starburst jellybeans, black jellybeans and spiced
> jellybeans. I don't like to eat Peeps, but I do like the look of them.

I open the Peeps until they are a bit stale. Jelly beans aren't
for me, but I do look for the robin eggs (malted balls).

> My mother-in-law occasionally makes an Easter Bunny cake.

Coconut? Love that.

If I was inclined to go to the store Monday looking for candy sales,
they would probably be all out. It just vanishes. They have a
whole 'room' of it right now. It used to hold a little bank branch,
so it's a decent size, and it's chock full.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 19 Apr 2014 08:48:27 -0400, Nancy Young wrote:

> but I do look for the robin eggs (malted balls).

Oh, yes, I love robin eggs, too.

>> My mother-in-law occasionally makes an Easter Bunny cake.

> Coconut? Love that.

Yes, covered with coconut. It's fun.

Tara

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/19/2014 2:10 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 16:16:22 -0500, Tara wrote:
>
>> Chocolate Easter Bunnies are a necessity in our Easter baskets. I also
>> bought Fruit by the Foot and straws that turn your milk into chocolate
>> milk.

> Those straws with the beads in them don't work worth crap. And my
> Easter bunnies need to be solid white chocolate that you gnaw on with
> your teeth - not those cheap-assed hollow bunnies that crumble as soon
> as you bite into them.
>
> Easter candy is half-price on Monday morning at my local grocer. That
> includes the Cadbury Creme Eggs.
>
> -sw

I plan to get some jelly beans on Monday.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 19/04/2014 10:17 AM, Janet Wilder wrote:
> On 4/19/2014 2:10 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 16:16:22 -0500, Tara wrote:
>>
>>> Chocolate Easter Bunnies are a necessity in our Easter baskets. I also
>>> bought Fruit by the Foot and straws that turn your milk into chocolate
>>> milk.

>> Those straws with the beads in them don't work worth crap. And my
>> Easter bunnies need to be solid white chocolate that you gnaw on with
>> your teeth - not those cheap-assed hollow bunnies that crumble as soon
>> as you bite into them.
>>
>> Easter candy is half-price on Monday morning at my local grocer. That
>> includes the Cadbury Creme Eggs.
>>
>> -sw
>>

> I plan to get some jelly beans on Monday.

Janet
I have just returned from a Jewish bakery where they make superb
French-style pain au levain. They are selling hot cross buns today!
Graham
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Wilder wrote:
> Tara wrote:
>
>I plan to get some jelly beans on Monday.

Don't get jelly bellies, they're awful, get Brachs.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/19/2014 5:06 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Janet Wilder wrote:
>> Tara wrote:
>>
>> I plan to get some jelly beans on Monday.

> Don't get jelly bellies, they're awful, get Brachs.

I like Brachs best.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message ...

And my Easter bunnies need to be solid white chocolate that you gnaw on with
your teeth - not those cheap-assed hollow bunnies that crumble as soon
as you bite into them.

-sw

~~~~~~~
Heh! I am remembering back to my childhood (eons ago!). My father always
got chocolate Easter bunnies for each of us. One year, they were hollow,
and I think he was even more disappointed than we were. From then on, he
made sure that all of our chocolate bunnies were solid. I had not even
heard of white chocolate in those days.

MaryL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 19 Apr 2014 02:10:49 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> Easter candy is half-price on Monday morning at my local grocer. That
> includes the Cadbury Creme Eggs.
>
> -sw

> Omelet wrote:
>
>> He hates me 'cause I never slept with him...

> He hates himself because he is all he has to sleep with
> I don't know, sometimes he used to seem normal, then he went petty
> trough vindictive and now I just shun contact. I have enough crazies to
> deal with in my world without encouraging those who refuse to take their
> meds.

For the record, I never once even considered sleeping with you. And
you know that. You're the one who somehow got the idea that I was
going to move in with you - and you posted that to RFC just out of the
total blue.

After having met you twice at casual austin.food gatherings 2 or 3
years ago and not giving you any indication that there was any sort of
romantic interest in the least, you somehow twisted that into MY
MOVING IN WITH YOU?

That was just way too Psycho for me. I sat there at stared at the
screen for at least 15 minutes wondering, WTF? That was just way too
spooky. I've met weird, semi-psycho women before but you win, hands
down. Mapi of austin.general still holds the male title, but at least
he announced his psychosis right there lying on the floor of the bar
at B.D. Reilly's rather than romantically obsessing over me for 2
years.

Needless to say, you need to come to terms with what happened and why
your mind works that way and stop making up excuses for your fixation
and disappointment before we become the next Yoli and Michael. I'd
prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

And Jeremy, I was just tired of your decade of bullshit and visions of
grandeur about all these things you're "working on" or have not done
in the past. Even posting a call for meetings with imaginary people
about imaginary projects of yours at "the normal time and place", as
if you are somebody important with a life. I'm pretty sure you're
manic depressive mixed with habitual liar.

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/20/2014 1:06 PM, MaryL wrote:

> "Sqwertz" wrote in message ...
>
> And my Easter bunnies need to be solid white chocolate that you gnaw on
> with
> your teeth - not those cheap-assed hollow bunnies that crumble as soon
> as you bite into them.
>
> -sw
>
> ~~~~~~~
> Heh! I am remembering back to my childhood (eons ago!). My father
> always got chocolate Easter bunnies for each of us. One year, they were
> hollow, and I think he was even more disappointed than we were. From
> then on, he made sure that all of our chocolate bunnies were solid. I
> had not even heard of white chocolate in those days.
>
> MaryL

LOL It's been many years since I thought about an Easter basket. I do
remember the first time I bit into a hollow chocolate bunny. I was a
kid but still a tad disappointed. The solid bunnies were the best.

I've never seen a solid white chocolate bunny. Then again, I don't go
looking for them these days.

For Easter candy, I prefer the 'robins eggs' Nancy Young mentioned. Or
just plain chocolate covered malted milk balls.

Jill

Easter Candy Tara General Cooking 3 01-04-2013 05:22 AM
Easter candy George M. Middius[_2_] General Cooking 57 18-04-2012 01:42 AM
Easter Candy Tara General Cooking 5 07-04-2012 08:01 AM
SLop on Today: Simple Treats for Easter Brunch Ubiquitous General Cooking 7 19-04-2009 09:01 PM
Candy Easter Eggs limey General Cooking 13 15-12-2003 02:23 AM