Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Anyone remember??

Anyone remember Kathleens recipe swap??
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> Anyone remember Kathleens recipe swap??

Eh?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 07:16:10 -0500, Kathleen

>> Anyone remember Kathleens recipe swap??

>Eh?

What? You think that you're the only one in this big world that has
that name?
Eh?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 07:57:17 -0500, Kathleen

wrote:

>>>Eh?

>> What? You think that you're the only one in this big world that has
>> that name?
>> Eh?

><Hands on hips>
>
>I'm the only one currently posting to RFC under that name. You want
>somebody other than me to respond you'd better be a good deal more
>specific. Biatch.

I asked a simple question, somewhat like your reply.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> OB Food: As a nod to Easter I'm broiling two nice lamb loin chops (I do
> love having leftovers and can only eat one), cooked just prior to med-rare.
> I'll boil some red potatoes to go with. I know rosemary is traditional with
> lamb but I really prefer dill weed on my potatoes. I haven't any fresh peas
> but I do have frozen baby peas which when steamed will do nicely
>
> Jill

Sounds good to me! ;-d
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 11, 1:43*pm, wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 12:53:56 -0400, "jmcquown" >
> wrote:
>

> >"sf" > wrote in message
> .. .

> >> OK, the answer is "No". *Why did you ask?

> >> --
> >> I love cooking with wine.
> >> Sometimes I even put it in the food.

> >I suspect the answer is the answer is this person is trying to ressurect a
> >dead idea for an email recipe exchange, rather like a chain letter where you
> >have to send recipes in order to receive recipes. *Or one of those Yahoo
> >recipe forum things.

> >Jill

> Wrong again

Well, then, since noone here recalls it, why don't you tell us about
it? Especially if it is not similar to any of the suggestions thus
far.

maxine in ri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 15:03:55 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:

>we will have a small boneless leg of lamb

Are you putting a mustard crust on it?
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...yme-Crust-4103

LOL! <jest razzing you Tammy>

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 15:03:55 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:
>
>> we will have a small boneless leg of lamb

> Are you putting a mustard crust on it?
> http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...yme-Crust-4103
>
> LOL! <jest razzing you Tammy>

LOL! No. Since my daughter is barely interested, and I think I
have read good reviews, I am just cooking TJs burgundy-pepper one.
If I did it myself, I'd use a wonder TNT recipe out of Silver
Palate.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"maxine" > wrote in message
On Apr 11, 1:43 pm, wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 12:53:56 -0400, "jmcquown" >
> wrote:
>

> >"sf" > wrote in message
> .. .

> >> OK, the answer is "No". Why did you ask?

> >> --
> >> I love cooking with wine.
> >> Sometimes I even put it in the food.

> >I suspect the answer is the answer is this person is trying to ressurect
> >dead idea for an email recipe exchange, rather like a chain letter where
> >you
> >have to send recipes in order to receive recipes. Or one of those Yahoo
> >recipe forum things.

> >Jill

> Wrong again

Well, then, since noone here recalls it, why don't you tell us about
it? Especially if it is not similar to any of the suggestions thus
far.

maxine in ri

Thank you, maxine! Obviously we don't know what the OP is talking about.
Oh, and it was stated they find this place "cliquish". Well, this isn't a
recipe site or a forum one has to sign up for (TINC). But I'd be happy to
collect the membership fee if no one else wants to

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 17:44:47 -0400, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>"maxine" > wrote in message
>On Apr 11, 1:43 pm, wrote:
>> On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 12:53:56 -0400, "jmcquown" >
>> wrote:
>>

>> >"sf" > wrote in message
>> .. .

>> >I suspect the answer is the answer is this person is trying to ressurect
>> >dead idea for an email recipe exchange, rather like a chain letter where
>> >you
>> >have to send recipes in order to receive recipes. Or one of those Yahoo
>> >recipe forum things.

>> >Jill

>> Wrong again

>Well, then, since noone here recalls it, why don't you tell us about
>it? Especially if it is not similar to any of the suggestions thus
>far.
>
>maxine in ri
>

>Thank you, maxine! Obviously we don't know what the OP is talking about.
>Oh, and it was stated they find this place "cliquish". Well, this isn't a
>recipe site or a forum one has to sign up for (TINC). But I'd be happy to
>collect the membership fee if no one else wants to
>
>Jill

Actually you know I actually have a food site, not a forum, and you do
not have to sign up for anything it's all free. The only time you
might want to sign up is for the weekly recipe, but only if you're too
lazy to get it off site every thursday
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 18:23:54 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"

>>> I suspect this person expected us at one time to sign up for a "recipe
>>> swap", all the while forgetting we freely exchange recipes here and have
>>> for years. It was, IIRC, an email list or some sort of web forum where
>>> you had to provide all sorts of information and set up a "profile" in
>>> order to receive recipes. Who needs that when we have this?
>>>

>> No, I wondered only because the site gave recipes freely and hoped
>> someone had heard of it... as you say you have this, but this is only
>> a minute spec in the Internet. Reading this newsgroup the last few
>> days, leads me to a conclusion (mine it may be) it sounds to me very
>> cliquish, truly sad.

>So let me get this straight: You're referring to this forum as a "minute
>spec [sic] in the Internet," while alluding to ANOTHER minute speck in the
>Internet, viz., the recipe swap site which nobody here has ever heard of.
>
>Let me guess: This "recipe swap" site is a blog? With advertisers who pay
>based on the amount of hits the site receives? And with which you have some
>kind of affiliation?
>
>Bob

I remember that site and it was no blog, somewhere around 92-93 when
Gemini, and Mealmaster were the rage.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 17:44:47 -0400, "jmcquown" >
> wrote:
>
>>"maxine" > wrote in message
>>On Apr 11, 1:43 pm, wrote:

>>> .. .

>>> Wrong again

>>Well, then, since noone here recalls it, why don't you tell us about
>>it? Especially if it is not similar to any of the suggestions thus
>>far.
>>
>>maxine in ri
>>

>>Thank you, maxine! Obviously we don't know what the OP is talking about.
>>Oh, and it was stated they find this place "cliquish". Well, this isn't a
>>recipe site or a forum one has to sign up for (TINC). But I'd be happy to
>>collect the membership fee if no one else wants to
>>
>>Jill

> Actually you know I actually have a food site, not a forum, and you do
> not have to sign up for anything it's all free. The only time you
> might want to sign up is for the weekly recipe, but only if you're too
> lazy to get it off site every thursday

Why should we bother?! I don't know about you but I've been getting recipes
and cooking info, cooking equipment and even decorating info (OT) from this
Usenet group for 12 years. I sure don't need to get crap sent to me in
email.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 16:12:56 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:

>sf wrote:
>> On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 15:03:55 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:
>>
>>> we will have a small boneless leg of lamb

>> Are you putting a mustard crust on it?
>> http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...yme-Crust-4103
>>
>> LOL! <jest razzing you Tammy>
>>

>LOL! No. Since my daughter is barely interested, and I think I
>have read good reviews, I am just cooking TJs burgundy-pepper one.
> If I did it myself, I'd use a wonder TNT recipe out of Silver
>Palate.

I took the chicken's way out and did what everyone likes.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> I took the chicken's way out and did what everyone likes.

That can make life more pleasant.

--
Jean B.