Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chocolates having strange aftertaste

On Apr 7, 2:59*pm, Wilson > wrote:
> Hi folks, I'm not trolling. But I am finding more and more chocolates
> leave a faint taste not unlike soap in my mouth after eating them. The first
> place I noticed it (and have tried several years running) was with American
> Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies. They were one of my favorite things.
>
> I wish I could think of other things that do it, but can't right now. Has
> anyone else noticed this?
> --
> Wilson N44º39" W67º12"

It could be something about your own body chemistry that has changed,
or something in your diet that is affecting your taste, or any number
of other things. You should probably pay attention and note any other
strange changes in taste.

As for GS Cookies, they are produced in local regions by different
manufacturers. It could be that your GS source changed production
companies, and it's just a different makeup in the chocolate coating.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 14:14:07 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> wrote:

>It could be something about your own body chemistry that has changed,

Doctor put you on a different script? That changes lots of things,
i.e., taste, skin texture, sensitive to light.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 14:14:07 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2 wrote:

> On Apr 7, 2:59*pm, Wilson > wrote:
>> Hi folks, I'm not trolling. But I am finding more and more chocolates
>> leave a faint taste not unlike soap in my mouth after eating them. The first
>> place I noticed it (and have tried several years running) was with American
>> Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies. They were one of my favorite things.
>>
>> I wish I could think of other things that do it, but can't right now. Has
>> anyone else noticed this?
>> --
>> Wilson N44º39" W67º12"

> It could be something about your own body chemistry that has changed,
> or something in your diet that is affecting your taste, or any number
> of other things. You should probably pay attention and note any other
> strange changes in taste.
>
> As for GS Cookies, they are produced in local regions by different
> manufacturers. It could be that your GS source changed production
> companies, and it's just a different makeup in the chocolate coating.
>
> N.

maybe the cookies used to have trans-fats. (maybe they still do, i don't
know.)

your pal,
blake