Old 07-04-2009, 08:08 PM posted to rec.food.chocolate

Default Chocolates having strange aftertaste

Wilson wrote:

Hi folks, I'm not trolling. But I am finding more and more chocolates that
leave a faint taste not unlike soap in my mouth after eating them. The first
place I noticed it (and have tried several years running) was with American
Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies. They were one of my favorite things.

I wish I could think of other things that do it, but can't right now. Has
anyone else noticed this?

Changes in taste can be a symptom of a neurological
disorder such as a brain tumor.

Get any sharp blows to the head recently?

Old 07-04-2009, 08:45 PM posted to rec.food.chocolate

Wilson wrote:

sometime in the recent past Mark Thorson posted this:
Wilson wrote:
Hi folks, I'm not trolling. But I am finding more and more chocolates that
leave a faint taste not unlike soap in my mouth after eating them. The first
place I noticed it (and have tried several years running) was with American
Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies. They were one of my favorite things.

I wish I could think of other things that do it, but can't right now. Has
anyone else noticed this?

Changes in taste can be a symptom of a neurological
disorder such as a brain tumor.

Get any sharp blows to the head recently?

Not everything nor every chocolate has changed it's flavor, only some
chocolates leave a soapy flavor in my mouth.

So to answer your question, no.

A brain tumor might initially have only a very narrow scope.
When my dad got his brain tumor, it initially manifested as
an inability to remember the term for "sliding glass door".
My parents thought that was an odd thing to happen, but didn't
think much about it. I was the one who recognized that dad
might have a brain tumor, which was confirmed on a CAT scan.