Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Rocquefort recipe

Hot pears with rocquefort and walnuts

From "Matching food and wine" by Michel Roux Jr.

The recipe calls for 2 pears but they must be huge as I found that the mix
was sufficient for 4.

4 ripe pears

120g Rocquefort, crumbled (I used 100g as that was the size of the pre-pack,
all I could find)

60g walnuts, chopped

1 Tbsp crème fraîche (had to use sour cream)

1 Tbsp port

1 green/spring onion/scallion, chopped

S&P (not necessary, IMO, but I use very little salt in my cooking)

Cut the pears in half lengthwise and remove the core and stringy bits. Use
a melon baller to scoop out the flesh, leaving 3 or 4 millimetres or so
to form 8 boats.

Mix the pear pieces with the walnuts and cheese, fold in the crème, port and
onion. Fill the boats and bake at 180C/355F for 15 minutes. Brown under
hot
grill for 2-3 minutes.

I found that they browned nicely in my convection oven.

I also think that it would work with Stilton.

I cooked them just before the meal so that by the time they were served for
"afters", they were warm rather than hot and I think that that is
preferable.

He suggests it works as a starter or sweet, admittedly a savoury/sweet.

For wine, he suggests a sweet wine such as Bonnezeaux, sweet, Oloroso sherry
or Tawny Port.

I served it with a Sauternes which also worked beautifully.