Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Killfile Google Group posters??

What's the deal with that?
Who cares how you access a newsgroup?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Chemo the Clown" > wrote in message
> What's the deal with that?
> Who cares how you access a newsgroup?

The weak minded who know nothing need to blame something.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chemo the Clown wrote:

> What's the deal with that?
> Who cares how you access a newsgroup?

Some people use that as a way to eliminate most of the spam. I haven't
had much trouble with spam of late, I suspect because my news service
is getting it at their end.

Brian

--
Day 31 of the "no grouchy usenet posts" project
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default User wrote:
> Chemo the Clown wrote:
>
>> What's the deal with that?
>> Who cares how you access a newsgroup?

> Some people use that as a way to eliminate most of the spam. I haven't
> had much trouble with spam of late, I suspect because my news service
> is getting it at their end.

It hasn't been too bad lately, but once in a while the group is
inundated with spam, most of it coming from gmail addresses. It is
unfortunate that some legitimate posters get filtered out but it saves
having to sort through the spam.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

brooklyn1 wrote:
> "Chemo the Clown" > wrote in message
>> What's the deal with that?
>> Who cares how you access a newsgroup?

> The weak minded who know nothing need to blame something.

Your posting history is sad - actually pathetic. A dozen posts over an
11 hour span with a break of maybe two hours at one point? That is the
epitome of "Get a ****ing life" material.

-dk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"D K" > wrote in message
> brooklyn1 wrote:
> Your posting history is sad - actually pathetic. A dozen posts over an 11
> hour span with a break of maybe two hours at one point? That is the
> epitome of "Get a ****ing life" material.
>
> -dk

why? i sit at my computer probably 8...9 hours a day. so why would that
bother you?

--
C.D

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
m...
> Default User wrote:
>> Chemo the Clown wrote:
>>
>>> What's the deal with that?
>>> Who cares how you access a newsgroup?

>> Some people use that as a way to eliminate most of the spam. I haven't
>> had much trouble with spam of late, I suspect because my news service
>> is getting it at their end.
>>

> It hasn't been too bad lately, but once in a while the group is inundated
> with spam, most of it coming from gmail addresses. It is unfortunate that
> some legitimate posters get filtered out but it saves having to sort
> through the spam.

It's pretty easy to make exceptions for legit posters and move it above the
gmail rule. "when it says soandso stop processing any more rules"

Ms p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"D K" > wrote in message
> C.D wrote:
>>
>> "D K" > wrote in message
>>> brooklyn1 wrote:
>>> Your posting history is sad - actually pathetic. A dozen posts over an
>>> 11 hour span with a break of maybe two hours at one point? That is the
>>> epitome of "Get a ****ing life" material.
>>>
>>> -dk

>> why? i sit at my computer probably 8...9 hours a day. so why would that
>> bother you?
>>

> It doesn't bother me and I wasn't responding to you.
>
> Since you asked...
>
> Are you working for those 8-9 hours?
>
> If you are, I hope you are self-employed.
>
> If you aren't, then you really should look into what life has to offer.
>
> -dk

yea...well...i sorta did and now i'm in a relaxing mode
--
C.D

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 20:08:14 -0500, D K >
wrote:

>Your posting history is sad - actually pathetic. A dozen posts over an
>11 hour span with a break of maybe two hours at one point?

Piffle. I can do 11 posts in one hour and have time left over for
more.

>That is the epitome of "Get a ****ing life" material.

Obviously you don't know the meaning of life.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

brooklyn1 wrote:
> "Chemo the Clown" > wrote in message
> > What's the deal with that?
> > Who cares how you access a newsgroup?

> The weak minded who know nothing need to blame something.

SO says somebody who has no stalker-trolls imiforging there messages
to this board!
You would feel *VERY* different had this happened to YOU. I *will not*
let the forger-stalker-trolls win this battle, and for anyone else
stupid enough to think this is not a problem, I hope your gentialia
get a fright and get lodged in your windpipe!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Join us in our fight for personal freedoms:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NAMBLA
http://www.nambla.org/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chemo the Clown > wrote in news:4f0b0b2b-ab07-4087-8008-
:

> What's the deal with that?
> Who cares how you access a newsgroup?

Blinky is rolling in his grave.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 6, 4:56*pm, Dave Smith > wrote:
> Default User wrote:
> > Chemo the Clown wrote:

> >> What's the deal with that?
> >> Who cares how you access a newsgroup?

> > Some people use that as a way to eliminate most of the spam. I haven't
> > had much trouble with spam of late, I suspect because my news service
> > is getting it at their end.

> It hasn't been too bad lately, but once in a while the group is
> inundated with spam, most of it coming from gmail addresses. *It is
> unfortunate that some legitimate posters get filtered out but it saves
> having to sort through the spam.

I access the google groups by just going to google groups and I don't
use a gmail address. I just can't understand why anyone would get
upset of something like that. Most of the spam I get in my webmail box
doesn't come from gmail users. (shrug)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 09:42:41 -0800 (PST), Chemo the Clown
> wrote:

>I access the google groups by just going to google groups and I don't
>use a gmail address.

Can you post w/o signing in?

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 7, 9:53*am, sf > wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 09:42:41 -0800 (PST), Chemo the Clown
>
> > wrote:
> >I access the google groups by just going to google groups and I don't
> >use a gmail address.

> Can you post w/o signing in?
>
> --
> I never worry about diets. The only carrots that
> interest me are the number of carats in a diamond.
>
> Mae West

No. Why does that matter?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 09:58:44 -0800 (PST), Chemo the Clown
> wrote:

>On Mar 7, 9:53*am, sf > wrote:
>> On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 09:42:41 -0800 (PST), Chemo the Clown
>>
>> > wrote:
>> >I access the google groups by just going to google groups and I don't
>> >use a gmail address.

>> Can you post w/o signing in?
>>

>No. Why does that matter?

Just wondering if you use gmail to sign in with

Mae West

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 17:41:23 +0000 (UTC), elaich > wrote:

>Chemo the Clown > wrote in news:4f0b0b2b-ab07-4087-8008-
:

>> What's the deal with that?
>> Who cares how you access a newsgroup?

>Blinky is rolling in his grave.

He was swimming in the deep end on that one.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 7, 10:02*am, sf > wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 09:58:44 -0800 (PST), Chemo the Clown
>
> > wrote:
> >On Mar 7, 9:53*am, sf > wrote:
> >> On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 09:42:41 -0800 (PST), Chemo the Clown

> >> Can you post w/o signing in?

> >No. Why does that matter?

> Just wondering if you use gmail to sign in with
>
> --
> I never worry about diets. The only carrots that
> interest me are the number of carats in a diamond.
>
> Mae West

I just go he http://groups.google.com/ then find the NG I want to
read, then sign in using my peak.org address or login ID and password.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 20:14:54 -0500, C.D wrote:

> "D K" > wrote in message
>> brooklyn1 wrote:
>> Your posting history is sad - actually pathetic. A dozen posts over an 11
>> hour span with a break of maybe two hours at one point? That is the
>> epitome of "Get a ****ing life" material.
>>
>> -dk

> why? i sit at my computer probably 8...9 hours a day. so why would that
> bother you?

i do, too, but not all at r.f.c. perhaps sheldon is a slow reader.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 21:53:49 -0500, D K wrote:

> C.D wrote:
>>
>> "D K" > wrote in message
>>> brooklyn1 wrote:
>>> Your posting history is sad - actually pathetic. A dozen posts over
>>> an 11 hour span with a break of maybe two hours at one point? That is
>>> the epitome of "Get a ****ing life" material.
>>>
>>> -dk

>> why? i sit at my computer probably 8...9 hours a day. so why would that
>> bother you?
>>

> It doesn't bother me and I wasn't responding to you.
>
> Since you asked...
>
> Are you working for those 8-9 hours?
>
> If you are, I hope you are self-employed.
>
> If you aren't, then you really should look into what life has to offer.
>
> -dk

i'm retired. i find the internet a very low-cast source of entertainment.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 10:29:32 -0800 (PST), Chemo the Clown
> wrote:

>On Mar 7, 10:02*am, sf > wrote:
>> On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 09:58:44 -0800 (PST), Chemo the Clown
>>
>> > wrote:

>> >No. Why does that matter?

>> Just wondering if you use gmail to sign in with
>>
>> --
>> I never worry about diets. The only carrots that
>> interest me are the number of carats in a diamond.
>>
>> Mae West

>I just go he http://groups.google.com/ then find the NG I want to
>read, then sign in using my peak.org address or login ID and password.

Oh, I see. Guess they've changed how to register. I don't remember
having the option of using anything other than gmail when I signed up.
In the mean time, I'm ok with having a usenet specific account.

Mae West

Posted to rec.food.cooking
bob bob is offline

On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 16:03:26 -0800 (PST), Chemo the Clown
> shouted from the highest rooftop:

>What's the deal with that?
>Who cares how you access a newsgroup?

I do.

Because:

1. The vast majority of anonymous spam, trolls & flame wars are sent
via google groups. (as in the anonymous cowards who follow Peter Lucas
around rfc).

2. rec.food.cooking is a Usenet group not an Internet forum, bulletin
board or chat group.

3. Most of legitimate posters who use google groups don't understand
the difference between Usenet and Internet, they also don't follow
basic Usenet etiquette, such as snipping unnecessary verbiage and not
top-posting, etc, etc, etc.

4. They are lazy, inconsiderate and clueless.

And last, but not least, because I said so ...

--

una cerveza mas por favor ...

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 20:08:14 -0500, D K >
> wrote:
>
>> Your posting history is sad - actually pathetic. A dozen posts over an
>> 11 hour span with a break of maybe two hours at one point?

> Piffle. I can do 11 posts in one hour and have time left over for
> more.
>
>> That is the epitome of "Get a ****ing life" material.

> Obviously you don't know the meaning of life.

Learn to read before you flame...

12 posts over 11 hours is not the same as 11 post in 1 hour.

-dk
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 20:14:54 -0500, C.D wrote:
>
>> "D K" > wrote in message
>>> brooklyn1 wrote:
>>> Your posting history is sad - actually pathetic. A dozen posts over an 11
>>> hour span with a break of maybe two hours at one point? That is the
>>> epitome of "Get a ****ing life" material.
>>>
>>> -dk

>> why? i sit at my computer probably 8...9 hours a day. so why would that
>> bother you?

> i do, too, but not all at r.f.c. perhaps sheldon is a slow reader.
>
> your pal,
> blake

So Sheldon is now "brooklyn1"? That *would* make sense. Another
killfile is in order.

-dk
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 07 Mar 2009 20:48:45 -0500, D K >
wrote:

>sf wrote:
>> On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 20:08:14 -0500, D K >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Your posting history is sad - actually pathetic. A dozen posts over an
>>> 11 hour span with a break of maybe two hours at one point?

>> Piffle. I can do 11 posts in one hour and have time left over for
>> more.
>>
>>> That is the epitome of "Get a ****ing life" material.

>> Obviously you don't know the meaning of life.
>>

>Learn to read before you flame...
>
>12 posts over 11 hours is not the same as 11 post in 1 hour.
>
>-dk

You didn't understand what I said, so I'll interpret it for you: Only
lamers care that much about his posting habits, so look in a mirror to
see what "get a life" material is.

Mae West

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 7, 2:01*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 10:29:32 -0800 (PST), Chemo the Clown
>

> > wrote:
> >On Mar 7, 10:02*am, sf > wrote:
> >> On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 09:58:44 -0800 (PST), Chemo the Clown

> >> Just wondering if you use gmail to sign in with

> >> --
> >> I never worry about diets. The only carrots that
> >> interest me are the number of carats in a diamond.

> >> Mae West

> >I just go hehttp://groups.google.com/then find the NG I want to
> >read, then sign in using my peak.org address or login ID and password.

> Oh, I see. *Guess they've changed how to register. *I don't remember
> having the option of using anything other than gmail when I signed up.
> In the mean time, I'm ok with having a usenet specific account.

I've used my brick.net address, and several yahoos over the years.
Google Groups is handy.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 07 Mar 2009 18:58:21 GMT, blake murphy wrote:

> On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 21:53:49 -0500, D K wrote:
>

>> If you aren't, then you really should look into what life has to offer.
>>
>> -dk

> i'm retired. i find the internet a very low-cast source of entertainment.
>
> your pal,
> blake

oops, that should be 'low-cost.' although i suppose 'low-caste' would also
work .

ypb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 8, 7:25*am, Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:
> On Mar 7, 2:01*pm, sf > wrote:
>

> > On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 10:29:32 -0800 (PST), Chemo the Clown

> > > wrote:

> > >I just go hehttp://groups.google.com/thenfind the NG I want to
> > >read, then sign in using my peak.org address or login ID and password.

> > Oh, I see. *Guess they've changed how to register. *I don't remember
> > having the option of using anything other than gmail when I signed up.
> > In the mean time, I'm ok with having a usenet specific account.

> I've used my brick.net address, and several yahoos over the years.
> Google Groups is handy.

Ditto. I cannot post to a usenet server from work, and that's when I
have the most time (on breaks and lunch etc.) And I admit to
laziness, so I haven't set it up at home. Folks who feel ggroups is
too spammy will just have to do without me (no great loss to some of
them, as I'm not a hyper poster)

maxine in ri
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 7, 9:25*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Sat, 07 Mar 2009 20:48:45 -0500, D K >
> wrote:
>

> >sf wrote:

> >> Piffle. *I can do 11 posts in one hour and have time left over for
> >> more.

> >> Obviously you don't know the meaning of life.

> >Learn to read before you flame...

> >12 posts over 11 hours is not the same as 11 post in 1 hour.

> >-dk

> You didn't understand what I said, so I'll interpret it for you: *Only
> lamers care that much about his posting habits, so look in a mirror to
> see what "get a life" material is.

You (sf) need to get a life, seriously.

> --
> I never worry about diets. The only carrots that
> interest me are the number of carats in a diamond.
>
> Mae West- Hide quoted text -

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 7, 12:01*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 10:29:32 -0800 (PST), Chemo the Clown
>

> > wrote:
> >On Mar 7, 10:02*am, sf > wrote:
> >> On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 09:58:44 -0800 (PST), Chemo the Clown

> >> Just wondering if you use gmail to sign in with

> >> --
> >> I never worry about diets. The only carrots that
> >> interest me are the number of carats in a diamond.

> >> Mae West

> >I just go hehttp://groups.google.com/then find the NG I want to
> >read, then sign in using my peak.org address or login ID and password.

> Oh, I see. *Guess they've changed how to register. *I don't remember
> having the option of using anything other than gmail when I signed up.

That's a stupid assumption. Google has always allowed email addresses
other then gmail to sign up for goole posting.

> In the mean time, I'm ok with having a usenet specific account.
>
> --
> I never worry about diets. The only carrots that
> interest me are the number of carats in a diamond.
>
> Mae West- Hide quoted text -

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 8, 10:56*am, maxine > wrote:
> On Mar 8, 7:25*am, Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:
>

> > On Mar 7, 2:01*pm, sf > wrote:

> > > On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 10:29:32 -0800 (PST), Chemo the Clown

> > > Oh, I see. *Guess they've changed how to register. *I don't remember
> > > having the option of using anything other than gmail when I signed up..
> > > In the mean time, I'm ok with having a usenet specific account.

> > I've used my brick.net address, and several yahoos over the years.
> > Google Groups is handy.

> Ditto. *I cannot post to a usenet server from work, and that's when I
> have the most time (on breaks and lunch etc.) *And I admit to
> laziness, so I haven't set it up at home. * *Folks who feel ggroups is
> too spammy will just have to do without me (no great loss to some of
> them, as I'm not a hyper poster)

If you haven't noticed, spammers have google groups. None of my email
accounts used to google gets spammed like it used to.

> maxine in ri- Hide quoted text -

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 09:58:44 -0800 (PST), Chemo the Clown
> > wrote:
>
>>On Mar 7, 9:53 am, sf > wrote:
>>> On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 09:42:41 -0800 (PST), Chemo the Clown

>>> Can you post w/o signing in?
>>>

>>No. Why does that matter?

> Just wondering if you use gmail to sign in with

I've told you before, sf, you don't have to have a gmail account to use
Google Groups. I've never had a gmail address. I used to use Google Groups
when I was travelling and that was the only way to access rfc from a hotel.
The two aren't twined together. You do have to have a Google *account*,
which is a totally different thing from a gmail or googlegroups email
address.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Sat, 07 Mar 2009 20:48:45 -0500, D K >
> wrote:
>
>> sf wrote:

>>> Piffle. I can do 11 posts in one hour and have time left over for
>>> more.

>>> Obviously you don't know the meaning of life.
>>>

>> Learn to read before you flame...
>>
>> 12 posts over 11 hours is not the same as 11 post in 1 hour.
>>
>> -dk

> You didn't understand what I said, so I'll interpret it for you: Only
> lamers care that much about his posting habits, so look in a mirror to
> see what "get a life" material is.

I understand completely - except the "lamers" reference - that must be a
new word the kids are using.

Since I check the groups only once a day, if that, it takes all of three
seconds to look at the recent posts of one person. They are all on my
newsreader screen. I didn't have to resort to some google groups research.

The point is that he is posting nearly half the day - that *is* pathetic.

I post once a day - tops - and I'm in and out in 15-20 minutes. The
rest of my day I am working, sleeping, or otherwise enjoying life.

Get it now?

-dk (who noticed your selective editing)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

maxine wrote:

> Ditto. I cannot post to a usenet server from work, and that's when I
> have the most time (on breaks and lunch etc.) And I admit to
> laziness, so I haven't set it up at home. Folks who feel ggroups is
> too spammy will just have to do without me (no great loss to some of
> them, as I'm not a hyper poster)
>
> maxine in ri

Unless you are dealing with a serious firewall and/or heavy IT
oversight, you can download a free newsreader and post through a free
news service.

-dk
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> I've told you before, sf, you don't have to have a gmail account to use
> Google Groups. I've never had a gmail address. I used to use Google
> Groups when I was travelling and that was the only way to access rfc
> from a hotel. The two aren't twined together. You do have to have a
> Google *account*, which is a totally different thing from a gmail or
> googlegroups email address.
>
> Jill

Once again you have no idea what you are talking about...

Google Groups is not the "only way" to access Usenet from a hotel or any
other place. You can use any of the free or subscription news servers
wherever you are.

What the hell is a "googlegroups email address"?

-dk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 8, 2:49*pm, amandaF > wrote:

> If you haven't noticed, spammers have google groups. *None of my email
> accounts used to google gets spammed like it used to.

When I log into googlegroups, I will see some pretty obvious spam, and
just ignore it. Is that what you are talking about? Or the spam that
is sent to addresses scraped off usenet groups? Since I use my gmail
address for that, it all seems to go straight to the spam folder, and
I never see it.

If neither of these is what you mean, please explain further.

maxine in ri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 8, 2:19�pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> "sf" > wrote in message

> > On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 09:58:44 -0800 (PST), Chemo the Clown
> > > wrote:

> >>No. Why does that matter?

> > Just wondering if you use gmail to sign in with

> I've told you before, sf, you don't have to have a gmail account to use
> Google Groups. �I've never had a gmail address. �I used to use Google Groups
> when I was travelling and that was the only way to access rfc from a hotel.
> The two aren't twined together. �You do have to have a Google *account*,
> which is a totally different thing from a gmail or googlegroups email
> address.
>
> Jill- Hide quoted text -

Jill is right, I post through Google groups and have an account with
them, of course I also have a AOL address which make me doublty bad.

Rosie
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 8, 7:43*pm, D K > wrote:
> maxine wrote:
> > Ditto. *I cannot post to a usenet server from work, and that's when I
> > have the most time (on breaks and lunch etc.) *And I admit to
> > laziness, so I haven't set it up at home. * *Folks who feel ggroups is
> > too spammy will just have to do without me (no great loss to some of
> > them, as I'm not a hyper poster)

> > maxine in ri

> Unless you are dealing with a serious firewall and/or heavy IT
> oversight, you can download a free newsreader and post through a free
> news service.
>
> -dk

Permission was denied. I used to use alt.net.

maxine in ri
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> You didn't understand what I said, so I'll interpret it for you: Only
> lamers care that much about his posting habits, so look in a mirror to
> see what "get a life" material is.

NOW I know why you are so sensitive on this subject that initially had
nothing to do with you. *You* should explore life outside of Usenet...

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...rceptor/sf.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 08 Mar 2009 20:07:58 -0400, D K >
wrote:

>sf wrote:
>
>> You didn't understand what I said, so I'll interpret it for you: Only
>> lamers care that much about his posting habits, so look in a mirror to
>> see what "get a life" material is.
>>

>NOW I know why you are so sensitive

Nope, not I'm not sensitive. Why do you care so much about the
frequency of who is posting or the time span between their posts? The
fact that you actually had the nerve to post what you said about
Sheldon shows how little of any real importance you have to think
about.

>on this subject that initially had
>nothing to do with you. *You* should explore life outside of Usenet...
>
>http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...rceptor/sf.jpg

My posting habits are no news to me. In fact I'm quite proud of them.

I can post as much as I want without posting from work; I hold down a
full time job that keeps me busy more than 8 hours a day AND I have a
life complete with family and friends. Apparently you don't.

Mae West