Posted to rec.food.cooking
Chemo the Clown Chemo the Clown is offline

Default Killfile Google Group posters??

On Mar 6, 4:56*pm, Dave Smith > wrote:
> Default User wrote:
> > Chemo the Clown wrote:

> >> What's the deal with that?
> >> Who cares how you access a newsgroup?

> > Some people use that as a way to eliminate most of the spam. I haven't
> > had much trouble with spam of late, I suspect because my news service
> > is getting it at their end.

> It hasn't been too bad lately, but once in a while the group is
> inundated with spam, most of it coming from gmail addresses. *It is
> unfortunate that some legitimate posters get filtered out but it saves
> having to sort through the spam.

I access the google groups by just going to google groups and I don't
use a gmail address. I just can't understand why anyone would get
upset of something like that. Most of the spam I get in my webmail box
doesn't come from gmail users. (shrug)