Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Check out these Polish Soup mixes

or sauces...They look so good and my buddy buys from them all the time
and says the quality is fabulous. Also, while there, check out the
other foods they offer.

The chicken with Paprika caught my eye as did several others. They
also have a colorful catalog that can be obtained by going to the link
near the top of the page.

http://www.polana.com/category/Polish_Dry_Soups

Happy hunting!
Mark
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"FERRANTE" > wrote in message
> or sauces...They look so good and my buddy buys from them all the time
> and says the quality is fabulous. Also, while there, check out the
> other foods they offer.
>
> The chicken with Paprika caught my eye as did several others. They
> also have a colorful catalog that can be obtained by going to the link
> near the top of the page.
>
> http://www.polana.com/category/Polish_Dry_Soups
>
> Happy hunting!
> Mark

I've had them in the past and they are OK. In fact, I looked at them but
did not buy any today when I stopped at Tom's International Deli in
Worcester. Anyone in Central MA area should stop in the stores on
Millbury and Water Streets for Polish goodies such as home made kielbasa,
bacon, rye bread, etc. As well as imported stuff.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 12:44:57 -0600, FERRANTE
> wrote:

>or sauces...They look so good and my buddy buys from them all the time
>and says the quality is fabulous. Also, while there, check out the
>other foods they offer.
>
>The chicken with Paprika caught my eye as did several others. They
>also have a colorful catalog that can be obtained by going to the link
>near the top of the page.
>
>http://www.polana.com/category/Polish_Dry_Soups
>
>Happy hunting!
>Mark

The dried vegetables would put me off. This looks like a much better
plan:

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/chicken-paprikash

Food & Wine

Chicken Paprikash

* Recipe by Grace Parisi

Low-fat chicken breasts stay juicy and delicious in the velvety, zesty
sauce for this healthy Hungarian chicken dish.

* ACTIVE: 30 MIN
* TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 30 MIN
* SERVINGS: 8

Ingredients

1. 1/4 cup canola oil
2. 1 large onion, thinly sliced
3. 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
4. 3 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
5. 1/4 cup sweet Hungarian paprika, plus more for sprinkling
6. 1 1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds, ground
7. 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
8. 6 cups chicken stock or low-sodium broth
9. 2 bay leaves
10. 2 thyme sprigs
11. Salt and freshly ground pepper
12. 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch
pieces
13. 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream

Directions

1. In a large enameled cast-iron casserole or Dutch oven, heat the
oil until shimmering. Add the onion, bell peppers and garlic and cook
over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until just beginning to
brown, about 8 minutes. Add the paprika, caraway and flour and cook,
stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the stock, bay leaves and thyme sprigs,
season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Simmer over
moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until the peppers are very
tender and the sauce is thickened, about 1 hour.
2. Add the chicken to the sauce and cook over high heat until just
white throughout, about 6 minutes. Discard the bay leaves and thyme
sprigs. Spoon the chicken into bowls, and top with sour cream.
Sprinkle with paprika and serve.

Notes

One Serving 257 cal, 10 gm fat, 1.5 gm sat fat, 11 gm carb, 2.3
gm fiber.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message

> "FERRANTE" > wrote in message
>> or sauces...They look so good and my buddy buys from them all the time
>> and says the quality is fabulous. Also, while there, check out the
>> other foods they offer.
>>
>> The chicken with Paprika caught my eye as did several others. They
>> also have a colorful catalog that can be obtained by going to the link
>> near the top of the page.
>>
>> http://www.polana.com/category/Polish_Dry_Soups
>>
>> Happy hunting!
>> Mark

> I've had them in the past and they are OK. In fact, I looked at them but
> did not buy any today when I stopped at Tom's International Deli in
> Worcester. Anyone in Central MA area should stop in the stores on
> Millbury and Water Streets for Polish goodies such as home made kielbasa,
> bacon, rye bread, etc. As well as imported stuff.

For those in the SF Bay area there is Delikateski Polish & European in
Concord, CA.

Hugh

Knorr Turkish Soup Mixes gtr General Cooking 39 06-06-2021 08:03 PM
Soup mixes? KenK General Cooking 23 02-08-2015 08:42 PM
Manischewitz Soup Mixes Barry General Cooking 4 13-05-2009 11:42 PM
Packet Soup Mixes Ranee Mueller General Cooking 20 24-08-2006 12:40 PM