Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Recipe: Easy Sticky Buns

An email friend made these and said they were wonderful!

Chris

Easy Sticky Buns - Serves 12

Recipe By: Ina Garten

Published in: Barefoot Contessa Back To Basics

Ingredients

12 tablespoon unsalted butter -- at room temperature (1 1/2 sticks)

1/3 cup light brown sugar -- lightly packed

1/2 cup pecans -- chopped in very large pieces

1 pkg puff pastry (17.3-ounces/ 2-sheets) -- defrosted

For the filling:

2 tablespoon unsalted butter -- melted and cooled

2/3 cup light brown sugar -- lightly packed

3 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 cup raisins

Instructions

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place a 12-cup standard muffin tin on a
sheet pan lined with parchment paper.

In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine
the 12 tablespoons butter and 1/3 cup brown sugar. Place 1 rounded
tablespoon of the mixture in each of the 12 muffin cups.

Distribute the pecans evenly among the 12 muffin cups on top of the butter
and sugar mixture.

Lightly flour a wooden board or stone surface. Unfold 1 sheet of puff pastry
with the folds going left to right. Brush the whole sheet with the melted
butter. Leaving a 1-inch border on the puff pastry, sprinkle each sheet with
1/3 cup of the brown sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the cinnamon, and 1/2 cup of
the raisins. Starting with the end nearest you, roll the pastry up snugly
like a jelly roll around the filling, finishing the roll with the seam side
down. Trim the ends of the roll about 1/2-inch and discard. Slice the roll
in 6 equal pieces, each about 1 1/2 inches wide. Place each piece, spiral
side up, in 6 of the muffin cups. Repeat with the second sheet of puff
pastry to make 12 sticky buns.

Bake for 30 minutes, until the sticky buns are golden to dark brown on top
and firm to the touch. Be careful - they're hot! Allow to cool for

5 minutes only, invert the buns onto the parchment paper (ease the filling
and pecans out onto the buns with a spoon) and cool completely.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 8, 10:49*am, "Chris Marksberry"
> wrote:
> An email friend made these and said they were wonderful!
>
> Chris
>
> Easy Sticky Buns - Serves 12
>
> Recipe By: Ina Garten
>
> Published in: Barefoot Contessa Back To Basics
>
> Ingredients
>
> 12 tablespoon unsalted butter -- at room temperature (1 1/2 sticks)
>
> 1/3 cup light brown sugar -- lightly packed
>
> 1/2 cup pecans -- chopped in very large pieces
>
> 1 pkg puff pastry (17.3-ounces/ 2-sheets) -- defrosted
>
> For the filling:
>
> 2 tablespoon unsalted butter -- melted and cooled
>
> 2/3 cup light brown sugar -- lightly packed
>
> 3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
>
> 1 cup raisins
>
> Instructions
>
> Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place a 12-cup standard muffin tin on a
> sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
>
> In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine
> the 12 tablespoons butter and 1/3 cup brown sugar. Place 1 rounded
> tablespoon of the mixture in each of the 12 muffin cups.
>
> Distribute the pecans evenly among the 12 muffin cups on top of the butter
> and sugar mixture.
>
> Lightly flour a wooden board or stone surface. Unfold 1 sheet of puff pastry
> with the folds going left to right. Brush the whole sheet with the melted
> butter. Leaving a 1-inch border on the puff pastry, sprinkle each sheet with
> 1/3 cup of the brown sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the cinnamon, and 1/2 cup of
> the raisins. Starting with the end nearest you, roll the pastry up snugly
> like a jelly roll around the filling, finishing the roll with the seam side
> down. Trim the ends of the roll about 1/2-inch and discard. Slice the roll
> in 6 equal pieces, each about 1 1/2 inches wide. Place each piece, spiral
> side up, in 6 of the muffin cups. Repeat with the second sheet of puff
> pastry to make 12 sticky buns.
>
> Bake for 30 minutes, until the sticky buns are golden to dark brown on top
> and firm to the touch. Be careful - they're hot! Allow to cool for
>
> 5 minutes only, invert the buns onto the parchment paper (ease the filling
> and pecans out onto the buns with a spoon) and cool completely.

Mmmmm! Ina recipes always sound good to me! Doesn't sound too hard
either. Thanks for posting.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> An email friend made these and said they were wonderful!
>
> Chris
>
> Easy Sticky Buns - Serves 12
>
> Recipe By: Ina Garten
>
> Published in: Barefoot Contessa Back To Basics
>
> Ingredients
>
> 12 tablespoon unsalted butter -- at room temperature (1 1/2 sticks)
>
> 1/3 cup light brown sugar -- lightly packed
>
> 1/2 cup pecans -- chopped in very large pieces
>
> 1 pkg puff pastry (17.3-ounces/ 2-sheets) -- defrosted
>
> For the filling:
>
> 2 tablespoon unsalted butter -- melted and cooled
>
> 2/3 cup light brown sugar -- lightly packed
>
> 3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
>
> 1 cup raisins
>
> Instructions
>
> Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place a 12-cup standard muffin tin on a
> sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
>
> In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment,
> combine
> the 12 tablespoons butter and 1/3 cup brown sugar. Place 1 rounded
> tablespoon of the mixture in each of the 12 muffin cups.
>
> Distribute the pecans evenly among the 12 muffin cups on top of the butter
> and sugar mixture.
>
> Lightly flour a wooden board or stone surface. Unfold 1 sheet of puff
> pastry
> with the folds going left to right. Brush the whole sheet with the melted
> butter. Leaving a 1-inch border on the puff pastry, sprinkle each sheet
> with
> 1/3 cup of the brown sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the cinnamon, and 1/2 cup
> of
> the raisins. Starting with the end nearest you, roll the pastry up snugly
> like a jelly roll around the filling, finishing the roll with the seam
> side
> down. Trim the ends of the roll about 1/2-inch and discard. Slice the roll
> in 6 equal pieces, each about 1 1/2 inches wide. Place each piece, spiral
> side up, in 6 of the muffin cups. Repeat with the second sheet of puff
> pastry to make 12 sticky buns.
>
> Bake for 30 minutes, until the sticky buns are golden to dark brown on top
> and firm to the touch. Be careful - they're hot! Allow to cool for
>
> 5 minutes only, invert the buns onto the parchment paper (ease the filling
> and pecans out onto the buns with a spoon) and cool completely.

Mmmmm! Ina recipes always sound good to me! Doesn't sound too hard
either. Thanks for posting.

Here's a report on the next day after making them:

> David told me the sticky buns were hard as bricks this morning and he

> had to zap them over 30 seconds to make them as there were when I took

> them out of the oven yesterday.

> I just had the remaining two sticky buns for breakfast. Delicious. A

> little messy to eat. I had to zap them for 40 seconds in the microwave

> the make them as they were when I took them out of the oven yesterday.

> I still think I would increase the brown sugar to 1/2 cup instead of

> 1/3 of a cup to the 12 tablespoons of butter. These are really good.

> For company these would be perfect because it's puff pasty I would put

> the pastry in the muffin tins and stick in the fridge overnight. Then

> while making coffee and such for my company breakfast I would pop the

> muffin tins into the over for 30 minutes... maybe 35 since the pan

> itself will be so cold. Perfect fresh baked sticky buns for company.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 8, 12:31*pm, "Chris Marksberry"
> [...]

> > had to zap them over 30 seconds to make them as there were when I took
> > them out of the oven yesterday.
> > I just had the remaining two sticky buns for breakfast. Delicious. A
> > little messy to eat. I had to zap them for 40 seconds in the microwave
> > the make them as they were when I took them out of the oven yesterday.
> > I still think I would increase the brown sugar to 1/2 cup instead of
> > 1/3 of a cup to the 12 tablespoons of butter. These are really good.

> > For company these would be perfect because it's puff pasty I would put
> > the pastry in the muffin tins and stick in the fridge overnight. Then
> > while making coffee and such for my company breakfast I would pop the
> > muffin tins into the over for 30 minutes... maybe 35 since the pan
> > itself will be so cold. Perfect fresh baked sticky buns for company.- Hide quoted text -

I like the make-ahead ideas. That would make it easy to make these
for family weekend breakfasts.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 11:31:09 -0600, "Chris Marksberry"
> wrote:

>Mmmmm! Ina recipes always sound good to me! Doesn't sound too hard
>either. Thanks for posting.

She featured this recipe on TV just last week. Keep you eyes out for
a rerun!