Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.support.trauma-ptsd

Default Brunch toady: Friday 31rd Jan 2009

Killing two birds with one stone: breakfarst and lunch, plus less
washing AND the SO's loss of iron from her VERY heavy flows this week
means she should benefit from this dish. If her flows were any heavier
I'd have to take her in for a transfusion, lol ;-)

ingredients
2 oz (50 g) dripping (fat from roasted meat)
1 medium onion, chopped
175 g (6 oz) Italian or Patna rice
1 pint (600 ml) stock
1 chicken stock cube
2 tbsp (25 g) 1 oz butter or bacon dripping (fat from roasted meat)
50 to 75 g (2 to 3 oz) bacon, chopped
8 oz (225 g) liver, chopped
9 oz (235 g) fresh or smoked fish, chopped
1 green or red pepper, cored, seeded and sliced
salt and pepper

method
1. Melt the dripping in a saucepan. Add the onion and fry until golden
brown.

2. Add the rice and cook for 3 minutes, stirring well.

3. Stir in 150 ml (1/4 pint) of the stock and the stock cube and bring
to the boil.

4. Simmer gently, adding the rest of the stock gradually as it is
absorbed.

5. Continue simmering until the rice is tender and all the stock has
been absorbed.

6. Meanwhile, melt the butter or bacon dripping in a frying pan.

7. Add the bacon and fry until brown. Add to the rice.

8. Add the liver to the frying pan and fry until lightly browned. Add
to the rice.

9. Finally, add the green or red pepper to the frying pan and fry
until softened.

10. Add to the rice with salt and pepper.

11. Cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes for the flavours to combine,
then serve

serving amount

serves 4 - 5

rate this recipe

out of 10

Bon apetite,

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

You will travel through the valley of rejection;
you will reside in the land of morning mists...and you will find your
home,
though it will not be where you left it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.support.trauma-ptsd

"Peter-Lucas" > wrote in message
> Killing two birds with one stone: breakfarst and lunch, plus less
> washing AND the SO's loss of iron from her VERY heavy flows this week
> means she should benefit from this dish.

Accidents happen - buy a new iron & do the ironing yourself you lazy bugger.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Golly! I knew you were ahead of the U.S. in time, but I never realized
just how FAR ahead. It's just Friday, January 29th here. We're not due
for a Friday, January 31st until 2014.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pennyaline > wrote in news:49824db3$0$89872
:

> Golly! I knew you were ahead of the U.S. in time, but I never realized
> just how FAR ahead. It's just Friday, January 29th here. We're not due
> for a Friday, January 31st until 2014.

and

are 'both' stalkers/trolls. Best bet is to killfile 'them'

Here's some help from Blinky, to do that.

http://improve-usenet.org/filters_ex2.html

From: Peter-Lucas >

From: PeterLucas >

From: PeterL >

From: PeterLucas >

From: PeterL >

From: PeterL >

*****************

From: "GroundHog" >

From: "space pumpkin" >

From: "FunkyFish" >

From: Ben Mann >

From: "Amabo" >

From: "chris" >

From: PLucas >

From: "peninsula" >

From: "claymore" >

From: "claymore" >

From: "notbevan" <not >

From: "??????" >

From: "mmm" >

From: "Terry" >

From: LindaR >

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Soldati, io esco da Roma. Chi vuole continuare la guerra contro lo
straniero venga con me. Non posso offrigli ne¤ onori ne¤ stipendi; gli
offro fame, sete, marce forzate, battaglie e morte. Chi ama la Patria mi
segua.

—Garibaldi, Giuseppe
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pennyaline" > wrote in message
> Golly! I knew you were ahead of the U.S. in time, but I never realized
> just how FAR ahead. It's just Friday, January 29th here. We're not due for
> a Friday, January 31st until 2014.

Golly, here it's Thursday Jan 29. lol Are we on LOST?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in
news

> "Pennyaline" > wrote in message
>> Golly! I knew you were ahead of the U.S. in time, but I never
>> realized just how FAR ahead. It's just Friday, January 29th here.
>> We're not due for a Friday, January 31st until 2014.

> Golly, here it's Thursday Jan 29. lol Are we on LOST?

It's Friday Jan 30th here in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.

We *are* the center of the World, please take your bearings off us.

:-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

Soldati, io esco da Roma. Chi vuole continuare la guerra contro lo
straniero venga con me. Non posso offrigli ne¤ onori ne¤ stipendi; gli
offro fame, sete, marce forzate, battaglie e morte. Chi ama la Patria mi
segua.

—Garibaldi, Giuseppe
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Pennyaline > wrote:

> Golly! I knew you were ahead of the U.S. in time, but I never realized
> just how FAR ahead. It's just Friday, January 29th here. We're not due
> for a Friday, January 31st until 2014.

That's weird. Do they have a different calendar where you live? It's
the 29th here, but it's still only Thursday. I'm getting really
confused.

I think these spammer/forger/stalker sorts are messing with our minds.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dan Abel > wrote in news:dabel-498ABA.17480229012009@c-61-
68-245-199.per.connect.net.au:

> In article >,
> Pennyaline > wrote:
>
>> Golly! I knew you were ahead of the U.S. in time, but I never realized
>> just how FAR ahead. It's just Friday, January 29th here. We're not due
>> for a Friday, January 31st until 2014.

> That's weird. Do they have a different calendar where you live? It's
> the 29th here, but it's still only Thursday. I'm getting really
> confused.
>
> I think these spammer/forger/stalker sorts are messing with our minds.

I think Pennyaline may have just had a typo :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

Soldati, io esco da Roma. Chi vuole continuare la guerra contro lo
straniero venga con me. Non posso offrigli ne¤ onori ne¤ stipendi; gli
offro fame, sete, marce forzate, battaglie e morte. Chi ama la Patria mi
segua.

—Garibaldi, Giuseppe
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Peter-Lucas" > wrote in message
.25...
> Pennyaline > wrote in news:49824db3$0$89872
> :
>
>> Golly! I knew you were ahead of the U.S. in time, but I never realized
>> just how FAR ahead. It's just Friday, January 29th here. We're not due
>> for a Friday, January 31st until 2014.

> and
>

> are 'both' stalkers/trolls. Best bet is to killfile 'them'

Why?....they are only targeting *you* and nobody else! (:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dan Abel" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Pennyaline > wrote:
>
>> Golly! I knew you were ahead of the U.S. in time, but I never realized
>> just how FAR ahead. It's just Friday, January 29th here. We're not due
>> for a Friday, January 31st until 2014.

> That's weird. Do they have a different calendar where you live? It's
> the 29th here, but it's still only Thursday. I'm getting really
> confused.
>
> I think these spammer/forger/stalker sorts are messing with our minds.

Nah....they are only messing with one feeble brain!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheryl wrote:

> "Pennyaline" > wrote in message
>> Golly! I knew you were ahead of the U.S. in time, but I never realized
>> just how FAR ahead. It's just Friday, January 29th here. We're not due
>> for a Friday, January 31st until 2014.

> Golly, here it's Thursday Jan 29. lol Are we on LOST?

I must be. Tells you where my head's at. Of course I meant it was
THURSDAY, January 29th.

<my evil twin, however...>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 01:28:21 +0000 (UTC), in rec.food.cooking, Peter-Lucas
wrote:

> Pennyaline > wrote in news:49824db3$0$89872
> :
>
>> Golly! I knew you were ahead of the U.S. in time, but I never realized
>> just how FAR ahead. It's just Friday, January 29th here. We're not due
>> for a Friday, January 31st until 2014.

> and
>

> are 'both' stalkers/trolls. Best bet is to killfile 'them'
>
> Here's some help from Blinky, to do that.
>
> http://improve-usenet.org/filters_ex2.html
>
> From: Peter-Lucas >
>
> From: PeterLucas >
>
> From: PeterL >
>
> From: PeterLucas >
>
> From: PeterL >
>
> From: PeterL >
>
> *****************
>
> From: "GroundHog" >
>
> From: "space pumpkin" >
>
> From: "FunkyFish" >
>
> From: Ben Mann >
>
> From: "Amabo" >
>
> From: "chris" >
>
> From: PLucas >
>
> From: "peninsula" >
>
> From: "claymore" >
>
> From: "claymore" >
>
> From: "notbevan" <not >
>
> From: "??????" >
>
> From: "mmm" >
>
> From: "Terry" >
>
> From: LindaR >

I love this running list you feel the need to continuously post. As long as
it keeps you busy. Everyone needs a hobby.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pan Chedda" > wrote in message
.. .
> On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 01:28:21 +0000 (UTC), in rec.food.cooking, Peter-Lucas
> wrote:
>
>> Pennyaline > wrote in news:49824db3$0$89872
>> :
>>
>>> Golly! I knew you were ahead of the U.S. in time, but I never realized
>>> just how FAR ahead. It's just Friday, January 29th here. We're not due
>>> for a Friday, January 31st until 2014.

> I love this running list you feel the need to continuously post. As long
> as
> it keeps you busy. Everyone needs a hobby.

He probably keeps a document on his computer desktop so he can cut & paste.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Peter-Lucas wrote:
> I think Pennyaline may have just had a typo :-)

I did. Guilty as charged.

Still, it took my mind off the "brunch toady"... honestly, one can only
take brunch so far!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pennyaline > wrote in news:4984ff58$0$87079
:

> Peter-Lucas wrote:
>> I think Pennyaline may have just had a typo :-)

> I did. Guilty as charged.

No conviction recorded,let off with a Good Behaviour Bond ;-)

> Still, it took my mind off the "brunch toady"...

The thread was started by one of the stalker trolls.
And we all know they are semiliterate.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

Soldati, io esco da Roma. Chi vuole continuare la guerra contro lo straniero
venga con me. Non posso offrigli ne¤ onori ne¤ stipendi; gli offro fame,
sete, marce forzate, battaglie e morte. Chi ama la Patria mi segua.

—Garibaldi, Giuseppe

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 1 Feb 2009 01:55:02 +0000 (UTC), in rec.food.cooking, Peter-Lucas
wrote:

> Pennyaline > wrote in news:4984ff58$0$87079
> :
>
>> Peter-Lucas wrote:
>>> I think Pennyaline may have just had a typo :-)

>> I did. Guilty as charged.

> No conviction recorded,let off with a Good Behaviour Bond ;-)
>

>> Still, it took my mind off the "brunch toady"...

> The thread was started by one of the stalker trolls.
> And we all know they are semiliterate.

You are topping all irony records Lucas. You have provided free
entertainment all evening.