Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default National [fill in the blank] Day

For the next week:

1/15 Strawberry Ice Cream Day (it's 35F here)
1/16 Fig Newton Day
1/17 Pig day
1/18 Sqwertz Day (*)
1/19 Popcorn Day
1/20 Cheese Day
1/21 Granola Bar Day
1/22 Blonde Brownie Day
1/23 Pie Day
1/24 Peanut Butter Day
1/26 Peanut Brittle Day
1/27 Chocolate Cake Day
1/28 Blueberry Pancake Day
1/29 Corn Chip Day
1/30 Croissant Day

It's also national oatmeal month.

(*) This day was available and I simply paid my Congressman $50. I
tried to get a whole "National Sqwertz Month" but he wanted $2,000
for that.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 14, 7:36*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> For the next week:
>
> 1/15 Strawberry Ice Cream Day (it's 35F here)
> 1/16 Fig Newton Day
> 1/17 Pig day
> 1/18 Sqwertz Day (*)
> 1/19 Popcorn Day
> 1/20 Cheese Day
> 1/21 Granola Bar Day
> 1/22 Blonde Brownie Day
> 1/23 Pie Day
> 1/24 Peanut Butter Day
> 1/26 Peanut Brittle Day
> 1/27 Chocolate Cake Day
> 1/28 Blueberry Pancake Day
> 1/29 Corn Chip Day
> 1/30 Croissant Day
>
> It's also national oatmeal month.
>
> (*) This day was available and I simply paid my Congressman $50. *I
> tried to get a whole "National Sqwertz Month" but he wanted $2,000
> for that.
>
> -sw

BBBWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH! !!!!!!!!
Lynn in Fargo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> For the next week:
>
> 1/15 Strawberry Ice Cream Day (it's 35F here)
> 1/16 Fig Newton Day
> 1/17 Pig day
> 1/18 Sqwertz Day (*)
> 1/19 Popcorn Day
> 1/20 Cheese Day
> 1/21 Granola Bar Day
> 1/22 Blonde Brownie Day
> 1/23 Pie Day
> 1/24 Peanut Butter Day
> 1/26 Peanut Brittle Day
> 1/27 Chocolate Cake Day
> 1/28 Blueberry Pancake Day
> 1/29 Corn Chip Day
> 1/30 Croissant Day
>
> It's also national oatmeal month.
>
> (*) This day was available and I simply paid my Congressman $50. I
> tried to get a whole "National Sqwertz Month" but he wanted $2,000
> for that.

"Who loves ya, baby...???"

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:36:58 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>For the next week:
>
>1/15 Strawberry Ice Cream Day (it's 35F here)
>1/16 Fig Newton Day
>1/17 Pig day
>1/18 Sqwertz Day (*)
>1/19 Popcorn Day
>1/20 Cheese Day
>1/21 Granola Bar Day

My calendar makes this one ( 1-21) National New England Clam Chowder
Day. What gives? Might be a breakfast/lunch thing or a clash of
cultures or a Red State/Blue State divergence.
>1/22 Blonde Brownie Day
>1/23 Pie Day
>1/24 Peanut Butter Day

1-25 may I have a modom Day? My congressman won't return my calls for
some reason.
>1/26 Peanut Brittle Day
>1/27 Chocolate Cake Day
>1/28 Blueberry Pancake Day
>1/29 Corn Chip Day
>1/30 Croissant Day
>
>It's also national oatmeal month.
>
>(*) This day was available and I simply paid my Congressman $50. I
>tried to get a whole "National Sqwertz Month" but he wanted $2,000
>for that.

Man, you got some kind of long weeks 'round your parts.
--
modom

ambitious when it comes to fiddling with meat
Posted to rec.food.cooking

modom (palindrome guy) wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:36:58 -0600, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
> >For the next week:
> >
> >1/15 Strawberry Ice Cream Day (it's 35F here)
> >1/16 Fig Newton Day
> >1/17 Pig day
> >1/18 Sqwertz Day (*)
> >1/19 Popcorn Day
> >1/20 Cheese Day
> >1/21 Granola Bar Day

> My calendar makes this one ( 1-21) National New England Clam Chowder
> Day. What gives? Might be a breakfast/lunch thing or a clash of
> cultures or a Red State/Blue State divergence.
> >1/22 Blonde Brownie Day
> >1/23 Pie Day
> >1/24 Peanut Butter Day

> 1-25 may I have a modom Day? My congressman won't return my calls for
> some reason.
> >1/26 Peanut Brittle Day
> >1/27 Chocolate Cake Day
> >1/28 Blueberry Pancake Day
> >1/29 Corn Chip Day
> >1/30 Croissant Day
> >
> >It's also national oatmeal month.
> >
> >(*) This day was available and I simply paid my Congressman $50. I
> >tried to get a whole "National Sqwertz Month" but he wanted $2,000
> >for that.
> >

> Man, you got some kind of long weeks 'round your pants.

??????

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"modom (palindrome guy)" > wrote:

> Man, you got some kind of long weeks 'round your parts.

I got a little carried away. Texans do everything bigger.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 21:18:07 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>"modom (palindrome guy)" > wrote:
>
>> Man, you got some kind of long weeks 'round your parts.

>I got a little carried away. Texans do everything bigger.

Tell me about it. You should see the truck the plumber parked in my
driveway this afternoon. A farking road locomotive, it was. (And
yes, he had bad news)

On the subject of food, I'm making a stock from roasted pork neck
bones tonight in a vain attempt to keep warm.
--
modom

ambitious when it comes to fiddling with meat
Posted to rec.food.cooking

modom (palindrome guy) wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 21:18:07 -0600, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>> "modom (palindrome guy)" > wrote:
>>
>>> Man, you got some kind of long weeks 'round your parts.

>> I got a little carried away. Texans do everything bigger.
>>

> Tell me about it. You should see the truck the plumber parked in my
> driveway this afternoon. A farking road locomotive, it was. (And
> yes, he had bad news)
>
> On the subject of food, I'm making a stock from roasted pork neck
> bones tonight in a vain attempt to keep warm.
> --
> modom
>
> ambitious when it comes to fiddling with meat

I guess when one summons a plumber, it is usually bad news to a
greater or lesser degree--unless it is for installations/renos.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 20:37:10 -0600, modom (palindrome guy) wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:36:58 -0600, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>>For the next week:
>>
>>1/15 Strawberry Ice Cream Day (it's 35F here)
>>1/16 Fig Newton Day
>>1/17 Pig day
>>1/18 Sqwertz Day (*)
>>1/19 Popcorn Day
>>1/20 Cheese Day
>>1/21 Granola Bar Day

> My calendar makes this one ( 1-21) National New England Clam Chowder
> Day. What gives? Might be a breakfast/lunch thing or a clash of
> cultures or a Red State/Blue State divergence.
>>1/22 Blonde Brownie Day
>>1/23 Pie Day
>>1/24 Peanut Butter Day

> 1-25 may I have a modom Day? My congressman won't return my calls for
> some reason.
>>1/26 Peanut Brittle Day
>>1/27 Chocolate Cake Day
>>1/28 Blueberry Pancake Day
>>1/29 Corn Chip Day
>>1/30 Croissant Day
>>
>>It's also national oatmeal month.
>>
>>(*) This day was available and I simply paid my Congressman $50. I
>>tried to get a whole "National Sqwertz Month" but he wanted $2,000
>>for that.
>>

> Man, you got some kind of long weeks 'round your parts.

i had this thought also, they say everything's bigger in texas.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> For the next week:
>
> 1/15 Strawberry Ice Cream Day (it's 35F here)
> 1/16 Fig Newton Day
> 1/17 Pig day
> 1/18 Sqwertz Day (*)
> 1/19 Popcorn Day
> 1/20 Cheese Day
> 1/21 Granola Bar Day
> 1/22 Blonde Brownie Day
> 1/23 Pie Day
> 1/24 Peanut Butter Day
> 1/26 Peanut Brittle Day
> 1/27 Chocolate Cake Day
> 1/28 Blueberry Pancake Day
> 1/29 Corn Chip Day
> 1/30 Croissant Day
>
> It's also national oatmeal month.
>
> (*) This day was available and I simply paid my Congressman $50. I
> tried to get a whole "National Sqwertz Month" but he wanted $2,000
> for that.

Most of the days tell us how to observe them But how do we celebrate
Sqwertz Day?

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Felice" > wrote in message

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> For the next week:
>>
>> 1/15 Strawberry Ice Cream Day (it's 35F here)
>> 1/16 Fig Newton Day
>> 1/17 Pig day
>> 1/18 Sqwertz Day (*)
>> 1/19 Popcorn Day
>> 1/20 Cheese Day
>> 1/21 Granola Bar Day
>> 1/22 Blonde Brownie Day
>> 1/23 Pie Day
>> 1/24 Peanut Butter Day
>> 1/26 Peanut Brittle Day
>> 1/27 Chocolate Cake Day
>> 1/28 Blueberry Pancake Day
>> 1/29 Corn Chip Day
>> 1/30 Croissant Day
>>
>> It's also national oatmeal month.
>>
>> (*) This day was available and I simply paid my Congressman $50. I
>> tried to get a whole "National Sqwertz Month" but he wanted $2,000
>> for that.

> Most of the days tell us how to observe them But how do we celebrate
> Sqwertz Day?
>
> Felice

I thought it was called Irritable Bowel Syndrome Day? (Sheldon, get out of
my head!!!).
-ginny
who gains another year to her resume on Corn Chip Day......

Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy > wrote:

> i had this thought also, they say everything's bigger in texas.

Heh. I posted my response 60 seconds before yours.

It's kinda creepy that we think alike like this.

You freak!

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Felice > wrote:

> Most of the days tell us how to observe them But how do we celebrate
> Sqwertz Day?

I still don't have a good answer for that. I don't even have a good
answer why I call myself sqwertz, other than it's unique and usually
available when I create login names for various websites.

To celebrate Sqwertz Day I say ... get 2 bottles of your favorite
Belgian ale (Delirium Tremems, for example), a 3-rib prime rib
roast, a big chunk of Roquefort cheese, and a one of those hoes or
gigolos from the east side of Main street (or a video from behind
the curtains of your neighborhood video store).

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> blake murphy > wrote:
>
>> i had this thought also, they say everything's bigger in texas.

> Heh. I posted my response 60 seconds before yours.
>
> It's kinda creepy that we think alike like this.
>
> You freak!
>
> -sw

It's only bigger because of the dessert view :-)

If you want to see something bigger, get a microscope, a telescope,
glasses, or just eat more Texas chili with lots of peppers.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> Felice > wrote:
>
>> Most of the days tell us how to observe them But how do we celebrate
>> Sqwertz Day?

> I still don't have a good answer for that. I don't even have a good
> answer why I call myself sqwertz, other than it's unique and usually
> available when I create login names for various websites.
>
> To celebrate Sqwertz Day I say ... get 2 bottles of your favorite
> Belgian ale (Delirium Tremems, for example), a 3-rib prime rib
> roast, a big chunk of Roquefort cheese, and a one of those hoes or
> gigolos from the east side of Main street (or a video from behind
> the curtains of your neighborhood video store).

Of course. And the next day will be Recovery Day.

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 21:38:18 -0600, Sqwertz wrote:

> blake murphy > wrote:
>
>> i had this thought also, they say everything's bigger in texas.

> Heh. I posted my response 60 seconds before yours.
>
> It's kinda creepy that we think alike like this.
>
> You freak!
>
> -sw

are you sure i'm not forging you?

your pal,