Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT my blank replies

Sorry for this! I don't know why it is happening. I click "reply" and the
message just goes away. And then it is posting a blank message. Again,
sorry. If anyone knows why this would be happening, please let me know.
Thanks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in
:

> Sorry for this! I don't know why it is happening. I click
> "reply" and the message just goes away. And then it is
> posting a blank message. Again, sorry. If anyone knows why
> this would be happening, please let me know. Thanks!

Outlook Express? Maybe try a real NewsReader?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sandi" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in
> :
>
>> Sorry for this! I don't know why it is happening. I click
>> "reply" and the message just goes away. And then it is
>> posting a blank message. Again, sorry. If anyone knows why
>> this would be happening, please let me know. Thanks!

> Outlook Express? Maybe try a real NewsReader?

That is a real newsreader. I have slowed down my mouse speed and it seems
to have helped. I tried repeatedly to reply on a test NG and it only
happened once out of several dozen replies. Odd thing is AFAIK this has
been happening only in the last few days. The other thing it is doing is on
e-mail it is deleting mail or opening mail I am trying to delete. It's as
thought I have lost control of the mouse or something.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> Sorry for this! I don't know why it is happening. I click "reply" and
> the message just goes away. And then it is posting a blank message.
> Again, sorry. If anyone knows why this would be happening, please let me
> know. Thanks!

What is your newsgroup reader? If it is Outlook Expres you need to click
reply group.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:
> Sorry for this! I don't know why it is happening. I click "reply" and the
> message just goes away. And then it is posting a blank message. Again,
> sorry. If anyone knows why this would be happening, please let me know.
> Thanks!

These computers and their programing simply make mistakes, mess up and
need to be maintained and fixed from time to time. Have you got
resident diagnostic programs? have you ran them? a virus scan? Turning
your browser off and then back on? maybe your entire computer?

I seem to recall a similar phenomena happening several times in the past
on an older operating system i used, and just running the system disc
utility fixed it.
--
JL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> Sorry for this! I don't know why it is happening. I click "reply" and
>> the message just goes away. And then it is posting a blank message.
>> Again, sorry. If anyone knows why this would be happening, please let me
>> know. Thanks!

> What is your newsgroup reader? If it is Outlook Expres you need to click
> reply group.
>
> Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> Sorry for this! I don't know why it is happening. I click "reply" and
>> the message just goes away. And then it is posting a blank message.
>> Again, sorry. If anyone knows why this would be happening, please let me
>> know. Thanks!

> What is your newsgroup reader? If it is Outlook Expres you need to click
> reply group.

I am. And danged if it didn't happen again! Grrrr... Sorry.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"M. JL Esq." > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:
>> Sorry for this! I don't know why it is happening. I click "reply" and
>> the message just goes away. And then it is posting a blank message.
>> Again, sorry. If anyone knows why this would be happening, please let me
>> know. Thanks!

> These computers and their programing simply make mistakes, mess up and
> need to be maintained and fixed from time to time. Have you got resident
> diagnostic programs? have you ran them? a virus scan? Turning your
> browser off and then back on? maybe your entire computer?
>
> I seem to recall a similar phenomena happening several times in the past
> on an older operating system i used, and just running the system disc
> utility fixed it.

Interesting! I will run my scans. It's not the browser. It was happening
in the past couple of days. I will try a reboot. Thanks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 5 Jul 2011 21:36:56 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> That is a real newsreader. I have slowed down my mouse speed and it
>> seems
>> to have helped. I tried repeatedly to reply on a test NG and it only
>> happened once out of several dozen replies. Odd thing is AFAIK this has
>> been happening only in the last few days. The other thing it is doing is
>> on
>> e-mail it is deleting mail or opening mail I am trying to delete. It's
>> as
>> thought I have lost control of the mouse or something.

> and smack it around a bit. Clean out your keyboard It could be a
> stuck or flakey directional/editing key.
>
> I have seen flaky mice exhibit a similar problem as well. Try
> swapping that out with another one. Everybody has a trunk full of old
> mice, don't they? I just threw 8 of them away, many of them serial
> mice with 9 and even 25 pin connectors. Of course I saved all their
> balls. The oldest mice have the best balls. Bigger and nice and
> heavy for their size.
>
> ;-)
>
> -sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 5 Jul 2011 21:36:56 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> That is a real newsreader. I have slowed down my mouse speed and it
>> seems
>> to have helped. I tried repeatedly to reply on a test NG and it only
>> happened once out of several dozen replies. Odd thing is AFAIK this has
>> been happening only in the last few days. The other thing it is doing is
>> on
>> e-mail it is deleting mail or opening mail I am trying to delete. It's
>> as
>> thought I have lost control of the mouse or something.

> and smack it around a bit. Clean out your keyboard It could be a
> stuck or flakey directional/editing key.
>
> I have seen flaky mice exhibit a similar problem as well. Try
> swapping that out with another one. Everybody has a trunk full of old
> mice, don't they? I just threw 8 of them away, many of them serial
> mice with 9 and even 25 pin connectors. Of course I saved all their
> balls. The oldest mice have the best balls. Bigger and nice and
> heavy for their size.
>
> ;-)
>
> -sw

My mouse it optical but it is old. Odd it hasn't caused any problems
elsewhere. I did just order a new keyboard. Should be here in a few days.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sandi wrote:

> Outlook Express? Maybe try a real NewsReader?

When I got my Windows 7 computer, I had to start using "real" newsreaders. I
finally settled on Forte Agent, but every single one I tried -- including
Forte Agent -- SUCKS GIANT HAIRY BALLS compared to Outlook Express.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 6 Jul 2011 00:18:42 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> and smack it around a bit. Clean out your keyboard It could be a
>> stuck or flakey directional/editing key.

> Looks like part of my post got chopped. It was supposed to read:
>
> "Try cleaning out your keyboard. It could be a stuck or flaky editing
> or directional key. Shake it out and smack it around a bit."

I do that all the time but I will do it again. Still I don't see what that
would have to do with this problem. The problem seems to be with the mouse.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/07/2011 4:12 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Jul 2011 22:46:45 -0700, Bob Terwilliger wrote:
>
>> sandi wrote:
>>
>>> Outlook Express? Maybe try a real NewsReader?

>> When I got my Windows 7 computer, I had to start using "real" newsreaders. I
>> finally settled on Forte Agent, but every single one I tried -- including
>> Forte Agent -- SUCKS GIANT HAIRY BALLS compared to Outlook Express.

> Agent and Dialog simply have so many more features than Outlook
> there's no reason they should suck worse than Outlook.
>
> Dialog has a couple quirks in Windows 7 but they can be easily
> overcome.
>
> -sw

Been using Agent since the dawn of the Internet. Well, it sure seems
like it. I was using it in its Beta version, pre-release. The only
problem with it that I have is that it has many more features than I
will ever use and it takes a while to learn how to use it competently.

I once used Outlook Defect on my work comp but it had so many issues
that I convinced the IT boys to get rid of it and install Agent for me.
Never had issues with my email since. I use it only for work related
newsgroups, ie. in-house discussion forums. Found it was best to keep
work related stuff isolated from my own private stuff.

I suspect Julie's problem might be related to virii.

Krypsis

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> Agent and Dialog simply have so many more features than Outlook
> there's no reason they should suck worse than Outlook.
>
> Dialog has a couple quirks in Windows 7 but they can be easily
> overcome.

CLAP CLAP CLAP!
--
ViLco
Let the liquor do the thinking

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger wrote:

>> Outlook Express? Maybe try a real NewsReader?

> When I got my Windows 7 computer, I had to start using "real"
> newsreaders. I finally settled on Forte Agent, but every single one I
> tried -- including Forte Agent -- SUCKS GIANT HAIRY BALLS compared to
> Outlook Express.

CLAP CLAP CLAP!
--
ViLco
Let the liquor do the thinking

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" <> wrote > Sorry for this! I don't know why it is happening.
I click "reply" and the
> message just goes away. And then it is posting a blank message. Again,
> sorry. If anyone knows why this would be happening, please let me know.
> Thanks!

I suspect a virus too, Julie. We had that very same trouble about a month
ago and then everything else started going quite mad. You may need to call
in some serious help. Polly

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> That is a real newsreader. I have slowed down my mouse speed and it
> seems to have helped. I tried repeatedly to reply on a test NG and
> it only happened once out of several dozen replies. Odd thing is
> AFAIK this has been happening only in the last few days. The other
> thing it is doing is on e-mail it is deleting mail or opening mail I
> am trying to delete. It's as thought I have lost control of the
> mouse or something.

It's as though the Folders.dbx file is corrupted.

Why focus on the mouse, as if it's the main component of the PC?

Try these (and anything else you get by googling Folders.dbx corrupted):

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/295965

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/233264

zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:
> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> > On Wed, 6 Jul 2011 00:18:42 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:
> >
> > > and smack it around a bit. Clean out your keyboard It could be
> > > a stuck or flakey directional/editing key.

> > Looks like part of my post got chopped. It was supposed to read:
> >
> > "Try cleaning out your keyboard. It could be a stuck or flaky
> > editing or directional key. Shake it out and smack it around a
> > bit."

> I do that all the time but I will do it again. Still I don't see
> what that would have to do with this problem. The problem seems to
> be with the mouse.

Not to rule out a hardware problem, the mouse can act differently if shift,
control, or alt, is pressed. So if any of those keys are stuck both
keyboard and mouse would misbehave.

zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

julie, try cleaning your mouse, you have cats, when similar happened to us,
it was that fluffy hair in the mouse, Lee

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>> Sorry for this! I don't know why it is happening. I click "reply" and
>>> the message just goes away. And then it is posting a blank message.
>>> Again, sorry. If anyone knows why this would be happening, please let
>>> me know. Thanks!

>> What is your newsgroup reader? If it is Outlook Expres you need to click
>> reply group.

> I am. And danged if it didn't happen again! Grrrr... Sorry.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

julie when i had trouble with the folder.dbx i did a search for the file,
deleted it and closed everything and restarted, it will put a fresh file in,
but if you have renamed files they will go back to the old name. if you
delete any other dbx file you will lose things you have saved or account
settings, Lee

"Tom Del Rosso" > wrote in message

> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> That is a real newsreader. I have slowed down my mouse speed and it
>> seems to have helped. I tried repeatedly to reply on a test NG and
>> it only happened once out of several dozen replies. Odd thing is
>> AFAIK this has been happening only in the last few days. The other
>> thing it is doing is on e-mail it is deleting mail or opening mail I
>> am trying to delete. It's as thought I have lost control of the
>> mouse or something.

> It's as though the Folders.dbx file is corrupted.
>
> Why focus on the mouse, as if it's the main component of the PC?
>
> Try these (and anything else you get by googling Folders.dbx corrupted):
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/295965
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/233264
>

> --
>
> Reply in group, but if emailing add one more
> zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christine Dabney" > ha scritto nel messaggio
Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>>Agent and Dialog simply have so many more features than Outlook
>>there's no reason they should suck worse than Outlook.

> I usually find out that people who compare Agent unfavorably to
> Outlook, haven't really learned how to run and configure Agent all
> that well. It does have a ton more features than Outlook, and one can
> configure it so that it does exactly what one wants.

I tried it and I didn't like it. For me it complicated it more than
simplified it. I guess I just didn't care enough to do all the adjusting it
wants.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Storrmmee wrote:
> julie when i had trouble with the folder.dbx i did a search for the
> file, deleted it and closed everything and restarted, it will put a
> fresh file in, but if you have renamed files they will go back to the
> old name. if you delete any other dbx file you will lose things you
> have saved or account settings, Lee

Hold it! Try the fix before deleting it.

zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

whatever makes her comfortable, i just find this easier and lots quicker,
Lee
"Tom Del Rosso" > wrote in message

> Storrmmee wrote:
>> julie when i had trouble with the folder.dbx i did a search for the
>> file, deleted it and closed everything and restarted, it will put a
>> fresh file in, but if you have renamed files they will go back to the
>> old name. if you delete any other dbx file you will lose things you
>> have saved or account settings, Lee

> Hold it! Try the fix before deleting it.
>

> --
>
> Reply in group, but if emailing add one more
> zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 6 Jul 2011 08:33:54 -0500, "Polly Esther"
> wrote:

> "Julie Bove" <> wrote > Sorry for this! I don't know why it is happening.
> I click "reply" and the
> > message just goes away. And then it is posting a blank message. Again,
> > sorry. If anyone knows why this would be happening, please let me know.
> > Thanks!

> I suspect a virus too, Julie. We had that very same trouble about a month
> ago and then everything else started going quite mad. You may need to call
> in some serious help. Polly

Here's a free one
http://www.pandasecurity.com/homeuse...ns/activescan/
Malwarebytes is another.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Giusi wrote:
> "Christine Dabney" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> Sqwertz >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Agent and Dialog simply have so many more features than Outlook
>>> there's no reason they should suck worse than Outlook.

>> I usually find out that people who compare Agent unfavorably to
>> Outlook, haven't really learned how to run and configure Agent all
>> that well. It does have a ton more features than Outlook, and one can
>> configure it so that it does exactly what one wants.
>>

> I tried it and I didn't like it. For me it complicated it more than
> simplified it. I guess I just didn't care enough to do all the adjusting it
> wants.

I really have always been plenty happy with Thunderbird to use as my
newsgroup reader. I happily recommend it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba > wrote:

>I really have always been plenty happy with Thunderbird

Me too

>to use as my newsgroup reader.

Oh.

S.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Pope" > wrote in message
> Goomba > wrote:
>
>>I really have always been plenty happy with Thunderbird

> Me too
>
>>to use as my newsgroup reader.

> Oh.
>

> S.

chuckle!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 6, 8:50*am, "Storrmmee" > wrote:
> julie, try cleaning your mouse, you have cats, when similar happened to us,
> it was that fluffy hair in the mouse, Lee
>
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> >> What is your newsgroup reader? *If it is Outlook Expres you need to click
> >> reply group.

> > I am. *And danged if it didn't happen again! *Grrrr... *Sorry.

==
All petss should be banned from the computer room. The electronics in
computers will attract cat/dog hair and this leads to trouble. Mice
are easy to clean compared to keyboards that are full of cat
hair...yuck.
==
Posted to rec.food.cooking

that would work if one only had one computer, but when there are multiple
computers, multiple animals or small spaces, one must be good at
clean/maintainance, Lee
"Roy" > wrote in message
On Jul 6, 8:50 am, "Storrmmee" > wrote:
> julie, try cleaning your mouse, you have cats, when similar happened to
> us,
> it was that fluffy hair in the mouse, Lee
>
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> >> What is your newsgroup reader? If it is Outlook Expres you need to
> >> click
> >> reply group.

> > I am. And danged if it didn't happen again! Grrrr... Sorry.

==
All petss should be banned from the computer room. The electronics in
computers will attract cat/dog hair and this leads to trouble. Mice
are easy to clean compared to keyboards that are full of cat
hair...yuck.
==

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 6 Jul 2011 17:17:46 +0200, "Giusi" > wrote:

> I tried it and I didn't like it. For me it complicated it more than
> simplified it. I guess I just didn't care enough to do all the adjusting it
> wants.

In my limited experience with the newer versions, it takes the entire
30 day trial period to disable it back to where you want. Once it's
tweaked, it's fine... but you do need a lot of patience to get it
there.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Krypsis" > wrote in message
> On 6/07/2011 4:12 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

>>> When I got my Windows 7 computer, I had to start using "real"
>>> newsreaders. I
>>> finally settled on Forte Agent, but every single one I tried --
>>> including
>>> Forte Agent -- SUCKS GIANT HAIRY BALLS compared to Outlook Express.

>> Agent and Dialog simply have so many more features than Outlook
>> there's no reason they should suck worse than Outlook.
>>
>> Dialog has a couple quirks in Windows 7 but they can be easily
>> overcome.
>>
>> -sw

> Been using Agent since the dawn of the Internet. Well, it sure seems like
> it. I was using it in its Beta version, pre-release. The only problem with
> it that I have is that it has many more features than I will ever use and
> it takes a while to learn how to use it competently.
>
> I once used Outlook Defect on my work comp but it had so many issues that
> I convinced the IT boys to get rid of it and install Agent for me. Never
> had issues with my email since. I use it only for work related newsgroups,
> ie. in-house discussion forums. Found it was best to keep work related
> stuff isolated from my own private stuff.
>
> I suspect Julie's problem might be related to virii.

No. No viruses. I think it is this very old mouse. I think it is clicking
twice sometimes when I left click it. If I can ever get daughter moving, I
will go get a new one.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Polly Esther" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" <> wrote > Sorry for this! I don't know why it is happening.
> I click "reply" and the
>> message just goes away. And then it is posting a blank message. Again,
>> sorry. If anyone knows why this would be happening, please let me know.
>> Thanks!

> I suspect a virus too, Julie. We had that very same trouble about a month
> ago and then everything else started going quite mad. You may need to
> call in some serious help. Polly

Malwarebytes didn't find anything.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tom Del Rosso" > wrote in message

> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> That is a real newsreader. I have slowed down my mouse speed and it
>> seems to have helped. I tried repeatedly to reply on a test NG and
>> it only happened once out of several dozen replies. Odd thing is
>> AFAIK this has been happening only in the last few days. The other
>> thing it is doing is on e-mail it is deleting mail or opening mail I
>> am trying to delete. It's as thought I have lost control of the
>> mouse or something.

> It's as though the Folders.dbx file is corrupted.
>
> Why focus on the mouse, as if it's the main component of the PC?
>
> Try these (and anything else you get by googling Folders.dbx corrupted):
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/295965
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/233264

I am focusing on the mouse because when I slowed down the mouse speed and
concentrated more on the way I was clicking, the problem got a LOT better!
Besides the mouse LOOKS very worn. I believe this is the one that came with
the computer or it might even be older than that. I can't remember. I know
at some point my dad bought me a fancy mouse that I hated. It didn't fit my
hand right and was hard for me to use. So I went back to my old mouse.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> julie when i had trouble with the folder.dbx i did a search for the file,
> deleted it and closed everything and restarted, it will put a fresh file
> in, but if you have renamed files they will go back to the old name. if
> you delete any other dbx file you will lose things you have saved or
> account settings, Lee

I don't think for an instant that is the problem.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tom Del Rosso" > wrote in message

> Julie Bove wrote:

>> > Looks like part of my post got chopped. It was supposed to read:
>> >
>> > "Try cleaning out your keyboard. It could be a stuck or flaky
>> > editing or directional key. Shake it out and smack it around a
>> > bit."

>> I do that all the time but I will do it again. Still I don't see
>> what that would have to do with this problem. The problem seems to
>> be with the mouse.

> Not to rule out a hardware problem, the mouse can act differently if
> shift, control, or alt, is pressed. So if any of those keys are stuck
> both keyboard and mouse would misbehave.

Oh. Okay then. But I really do think it's a problem with the left click.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> julie, try cleaning your mouse, you have cats, when similar happened to
> us, it was that fluffy hair in the mouse, Lee

This one looks very worn. Am going to get a new one.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Roy" > wrote in message
On Jul 6, 8:50 am, "Storrmmee" > wrote:
> julie, try cleaning your mouse, you have cats, when similar happened to
> us,
> it was that fluffy hair in the mouse, Lee
>
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> >> What is your newsgroup reader? If it is Outlook Expres you need to
> >> click
> >> reply group.

> > I am. And danged if it didn't happen again! Grrrr... Sorry.

==
All petss should be banned from the computer room. The electronics in
computers will attract cat/dog hair and this leads to trouble. Mice
are easy to clean compared to keyboards that are full of cat
hair...yuck.
==

My cats are short haired and don't shed much.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

from what you described my first thought was mouse, i only mentioned what i
did wheni got a virus because someone else mentioned, and besides, if its
not, it never hurts to have an extra, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> julie when i had trouble with the folder.dbx i did a search for the file,
>> deleted it and closed everything and restarted, it will put a fresh file
>> in, but if you have renamed files they will go back to the old name. if
>> you delete any other dbx file you will lose things you have saved or
>> account settings, Lee

> I don't think for an instant that is the problem.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/6/2011 1:18 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Paul M. > wrote in message
>>
>> "Julie > wrote in message
>>> Sorry for this! I don't know why it is happening. I click "reply" and
>>> the message just goes away. And then it is posting a blank message.
>>> Again, sorry. If anyone knows why this would be happening, please let me
>>> know. Thanks!

>> What is your newsgroup reader? If it is Outlook Expres you need to click
>> reply group.

> I am. And danged if it didn't happen again! Grrrr... Sorry.

The problem is your mouse is double clicking, and the reply all and send
button are located in the same place on the screen. My mouse double
clicks a lot, as in opening an email when I thought I just clicked it
one time, but with my news reader and my mail client (different clients)
you have to click on the screen in different places. For example, in
thunderbird to reply, it's on the right side of the screen. To send,
the button is at the top left.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 5, 11:09*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> Sorry for this! *I don't know why it is happening. *I click "reply" and the
> message just goes away. *And then it is posting a blank message. *Again,
> sorry. *If anyone knows why this would be happening, please let me know..
> Thanks!

I have been reading Usenet for almost fifteen years and you take
almost a top prize for trolling. You're good, well done, etc.

LOL