gentle spirit

Default George Foreman Grill

Hi,

A few weeks ago I received the George Foreman grill I ordered. I thought I
would use it just once in a while but found myself grilling about every
other day. I simply love it!!! I just put a towel down on the kitchen
table and place the grill there which makes it easy to watch while doing
other things around the house.

I have grilled tri tips, strip steaks, chicken, hamburgers, even roasted a
turkey breast. Also have grilled some Zucchini on it. They all turned out
wonderful.

I was wondering if anyone has ever grilled corn on the cob or whole potatoes
on the grill and what temp and how long would I grill them. Would I wrap
them in foil?

Also, if anyone else has a George Foreman grill how they like it?

Fudge

I have seen a disproportionate number of these grills on offer at garage
sales in Eastern Ontario. A lot of the units seem to be in very good shape
and thus quite new. An impulse buy perhaps or a gift for a non cook. I hope
you continue to enjoy your George Foreman Lean, Mean Grilling Machine.

Farmer John

"gentle spirit" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Hi,
>
> A few weeks ago I received the George Foreman grill I ordered. I thought

> would use it just once in a while but found myself grilling about every
> other day. I simply love it!!! I just put a towel down on the kitchen
> table and place the grill there which makes it easy to watch while doing
> other things around the house.
>
> I have grilled tri tips, strip steaks, chicken, hamburgers, even roasted a
> turkey breast. Also have grilled some Zucchini on it. They all turned

out
> wonderful.
>
> I was wondering if anyone has ever grilled corn on the cob or whole

potatoes
> on the grill and what temp and how long would I grill them. Would I wrap
> them in foil?
>
> Also, if anyone else has a George Foreman grill how they like it?

Sam D.

"Fudge" > wrote in message
.. .
> I have seen a disproportionate number of these grills on offer at

garage
> sales in Eastern Ontario. A lot of the units seem to be in very good shape
> and thus quite new. An impulse buy perhaps or a gift for a non cook.

I think that is a result of the strategy used to sell a lot of the things we
see on TV infomercials. They are selling a dream that you will be a great
cook if you just have this piece of equipment, or you can be fit and trim if
you just have this exercise item. They succeed by appealing to people's
fantasies and selling dreams, not selling what people will necessarily
use.or enjoy.

cynthia mason

I love my George Foreman grill also and use it daily. Some times I put
foil on the top and bottom and meat or fish inbetween for easy clean
cooking. Salmon, bacon, grilled vegetables, hot dogs, bratwurst,chicken
with bone in are some of my favorites. Ultrex on HSN has a new grill
that looks great. The grills comes off and go in the dishwasher. Mine
has a timer on it and I have only found that model at Target. I bet the
ones in the garage sales are all small - like for 2 hamburgers. Have
you ever seen a large one?? I haven't.

gentle spirit

"Fudge" wrote in message ...

>I hope you continue to enjoy your George Foreman Lean, Mean Grilling

Machine.

> Farmer John

Thank you

gentle spirit

"cynthia mason" wrote in message ...

> I love my George Foreman grill also and use it daily. Some times I put
> foil on the top and bottom and meat or fish inbetween for easy clean
> cooking. Salmon, bacon, grilled vegetables, hot dogs, bratwurst,chicken
> with bone in are some of my favorites. Ultrex on HSN has a new grill
> that looks great. The grills comes off and go in the dishwasher. Mine
> has a timer on it and I have only found that model at Target. I bet the
> ones in the garage sales are all small - like for 2 hamburgers. Have
> you ever seen a large one?? I haven't.

Hi Cynthia,

My George Foreman grill, is one you can use outdoors or indoors, it came
with a stand.
It is not real small, as I can cook atleast 6 steaks easy, and up to 8
chicken breasts.
I love it!! Indoors I don't use the stand just set the grill on the
kitchen table.

But I'm wondering about cooking corn on the cob, or like baking whole
potatoes on it, and how long to cook them. Would you wrap them in foil?

Kev

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 11:20:01 -0800, "Sam D."
> wrote:

>"Fudge" > wrote in message
. ..
>> I have seen a disproportionate number of these grills on offer at

>garage
>> sales in Eastern Ontario. A lot of the units seem to be in very good shape
>> and thus quite new. An impulse buy perhaps or a gift for a non cook.

>I think that is a result of the strategy used to sell a lot of the things we
>see on TV infomercials. They are selling a dream that you will be a great
>cook if you just have this piece of equipment, or you can be fit and trim if
>you just have this exercise item. They succeed by appealing to people's
>fantasies and selling dreams, not selling what people will necessarily
>use.or enjoy.

I bought one a month ago after sneering at it for years....it's
fantastic.
Sam D.

"zenit" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 11:20:01 -0800,
> "Sam D." >
> had to open a new box of zerones to say
>

> >"Fudge" > wrote in message
> . ..
> >> I have seen a disproportionate number of these grills on offer at

> >garage
> >> sales in Eastern Ontario. A lot of the units seem to be in very good

shape
> >> and thus quite new. An impulse buy perhaps or a gift for a non cook.

> >I think that is a result of the strategy used to sell a lot of the things

we
> >see on TV infomercials. They are selling a dream that you will be a great
> >cook if you just have this piece of equipment, or you can be fit and trim

if
> >you just have this exercise item. They succeed by appealing to people's
> >fantasies and selling dreams, not selling what people will necessarily
> >use.or enjoy.

> They appear to work just fine for millions of people, but no appliance
> will satisfy every single purchaser... Analysis past that point is
> just so much psychobabble...

I don't deny that it's a worthwhile and useful appliance for a lot of people
who buy it and enjoy using it to cook. But for people who will never
understand, enjoy or care to cook, no piece of equipment will change that,
regardless of what they may be led to believe in the commercials.

Richard's ~JA~

I bought the small GF and used it two or three times a week at first,
but have not used it at all in months. I bought it primarily for
grilling single steaks that I cannot grill for myself outside, and find
that the GF seems more so to steam them. Perhaps it would be okay for
burgers, and for some veggies, but not for steaks...here.

Picky ~JA~

Sheryl Rosen

in article , Kev at
wrote on 10/30/03 5:16 PM:

> On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 11:20:01 -0800, "Sam D."
> > wrote:
>

>> "Fudge" > wrote in message
>> .. .
>>> I have seen a disproportionate number of these grills on offer at

>> garage
>>> sales in Eastern Ontario. A lot of the units seem to be in very good shape
>>> and thus quite new. An impulse buy perhaps or a gift for a non cook.

>> I think that is a result of the strategy used to sell a lot of the things we
>> see on TV infomercials. They are selling a dream that you will be a great
>> cook if you just have this piece of equipment, or you can be fit and trim if
>> you just have this exercise item. They succeed by appealing to people's
>> fantasies and selling dreams, not selling what people will necessarily
>> use.or enjoy.

> I bought one a month ago after sneering at it for years....it's
> fantastic.

Yeah, I came late to this party!
Got one for my brother. He raved. But he's not a cook.
However, he raved to my sister, who got one for me.

I was skeptical. I tried it. I liked it.

It's a great way to cook indoors, and quickly.

It's no sub for fire-grilling meats, that's for sure.

But hey, I'd prefer a steak or a piece of chicken grilled on my GF vs. pan
cooked, and any day!

I love it for it's speed, mostly. Don't walk away from it, the food will dry
out. That's the great thing.

I can put a piece of frozen chicken in some marinade in the morning, leave
it in the fridge, and when I get home at, say, 6:30...I can pop a potato
into the mw, plug in the GF so it pre-heats, when the potato is done, slap
that piece of chicken on the GF, pour a glass of wine, take out a plate and
a fork, and before I've had a chance to take a sip of that wine, dinner is
ready!

I can get a fresh, home cooked, healthy meal on the table with 10 minutes of
prep and cooking time (Total!) assuming I've got greens washed and ready to
go for a salad. What is wrong with that?

It's a great thing. It's as indispensible as my crock pots, as far as I'm
concerned.

Sheryl Rosen

in article , Sam D. at
wrote on 10/30/03 6:25 PM:

> "zenit" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 11:20:01 -0800,
>> "Sam D." >
>> had to open a new box of zerones to say
>>

>>> "Fudge" > wrote in message
>>> .. .
>>> garage

> shape
>>>
>>> I think that is a result of the strategy used to sell a lot of the things

> we
>>> see on TV infomercials. They are selling a dream that you will be a great
>>> cook if you just have this piece of equipment, or you can be fit and trim

> if
>>> you just have this exercise item. They succeed by appealing to people's
>>> fantasies and selling dreams, not selling what people will necessarily
>>> use.or enjoy.

>> They appear to work just fine for millions of people, but no appliance
>> will satisfy every single purchaser... Analysis past that point is
>> just so much psychobabble...

> I don't deny that it's a worthwhile and useful appliance for a lot of people
> who buy it and enjoy using it to cook. But for people who will never
> understand, enjoy or care to cook, no piece of equipment will change that,
> regardless of what they may be led to believe in the commercials.

depends what they dislike about cooking.
my brother disliked the hassle of assembling pots, cleaning up, and then
there is the creative aspect he just isn't interested in.

With his GF, there is no hassle of pots, little clean up involved, and he
just puts salt and pepper on the meat and off he goes. The hardest part for
him is timing it so it doesn't over cook and turn to hockey pucks.

It's broadened his horizons as far as eating home goes, because he never
would have made steaks and chops, because he would never bother with pots
and pans.