Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default George Foreman Grill

If you are looking for a wonderful blog that gives you details about
the George Foreman Grill, The Lean Mean Grilling Machine. You can
find it at www.GeorgeGrill.muxgo.com. You will find it to be helpful
to finding grill information and recipes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Kevin > wrote:

> If you are looking for a wonderful blog that gives you details about
> the George Foreman Grill, The Lean Mean Grilling Machine. You can
> find it at www.GeorgeGrill.muxgo.com. You will find it to be helpful
> to finding grill information and recipes.

I use the GE version of it. Works great for indoor meat grilling, as
well as some flat sliced veggies.

Fast too. I'm on my second one. The non-stick coating tends to wear off
after a couple of years no matter how careful you are.

I don't use it as often as I used to, but imho nothing cooks pork better
to keep it moist.

When this one goes tho', I'm considering replacing it with a toaster
oven.
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 15, 6:48 am, Omelet > wrote:
> In article
> >,
>
> Kevin > wrote:
> > If you are looking for a wonderful blog that gives you details about
> > the George Foreman Grill, The Lean Mean Grilling Machine. You can
> > find it atwww.GeorgeGrill.muxgo.com. You will find it to be helpful
> > to finding grill information and recipes.

> I use the GE version of it. Works great for indoor meat grilling, as
> well as some flat sliced veggies.
>
> Fast too. I'm on my second one. The non-stick coating tends to wear off
> after a couple of years no matter how careful you are.
>
> I don't use it as often as I used to, but imho nothing cooks pork better
> to keep it moist.
>
> When this one goes tho', I'm considering replacing it with a toaster
> oven.
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> "If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain

I have both and one doesn't replace the other. I like th eForeman for
quick grill of chicken or shrimp. To clean: I lay a couple of
sopping wet dishrags on it, UI
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 15, 6:48 am, Omelet > wrote:
> I don't use it as often as I used to, but imho nothing cooks pork better

> When this one goes tho', I'm considering replacing it with a toaster
> oven.

Oops - sent in error, that other post.

I lay a couple of clean, sopping wet, soapy dishrags on it right after
removing the food, close the lid, and let it all sit a while. Much
easier to clean up. Yes, the nonstick went fairly soon in my
ownership, but no worry. I dribble a bit of oil on it before use.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
val189 > wrote:

> On Sep 15, 6:48 am, Omelet > wrote:
> > In article
> > >,
> >
> > Kevin > wrote:
> > > If you are looking for a wonderful blog that gives you details about
> > > the George Foreman Grill, The Lean Mean Grilling Machine. You can
> > > find it atwww.GeorgeGrill.muxgo.com. You will find it to be helpful
> > > to finding grill information and recipes.

> > I use the GE version of it. Works great for indoor meat grilling, as
> > well as some flat sliced veggies.
> >
> > Fast too. I'm on my second one. The non-stick coating tends to wear off
> > after a couple of years no matter how careful you are.
> >
> > I don't use it as often as I used to, but imho nothing cooks pork better
> > to keep it moist.
> >
> > When this one goes tho', I'm considering replacing it with a toaster
> > oven.
> > --
> > Peace! Om
> >
> > "If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the
> > newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain

> I have both and one doesn't replace the other. I like th eForeman for
> quick grill of chicken or shrimp. To clean: I lay a couple of
> sopping wet dishrags on it, UI

I use wet paper towels so I can discard them. ;-)

My problem with having both is kitchen space...
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
val189 > wrote:

> On Sep 15, 6:48 am, Omelet > wrote:
> > I don't use it as often as I used to, but imho nothing cooks pork better

> > When this one goes tho', I'm considering replacing it with a toaster
> > oven.

> Oops - sent in error, that other post.
>
> I lay a couple of clean, sopping wet, soapy dishrags on it right after
> removing the food, close the lid, and let it all sit a while. Much
> easier to clean up. Yes, the nonstick went fairly soon in my
> ownership, but no worry. I dribble a bit of oil on it before use.

I tried that with the last one, but they are so inexpensive (if you
don't get the "foreman" brand) that it was worth just replacing it.
Using oil did not make it non-stick, and those grills are aluminum.
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > wrote in message newsmpomelet-

<snip>
..

> When this one goes tho', I'm considering replacing it with a toaster
> oven.
> --
> Peace! Om

I love toaster ovens, but they are useless for cooking meat, IMHO. Wonderful
for melted cheese things, such as tuna melts.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote on Mon, 15 Sep 2008 08:51:46 -0500:

>> On Sep 15, 6:48 am, Omelet > wrote:
>> I lay a couple of clean, sopping wet, soapy dishrags on it
>> right after removing the food, close the lid, and let it all
>> sit a while. Much easier to clean up. Yes, the nonstick
>> went fairly soon in my ownership, but no worry. I dribble a
>> bit of oil on it before use.

> I tried that with the last one, but they are so inexpensive
> (if you don't get the "foreman" brand) that it was worth just
> replacing it. Using oil did not make it non-stick, and those
> grills are aluminum. --
> Peace! Ohm

Useful tip about the wet paper towels. I've generally dampened a
Foreman Grill with a non-scratch sponge once it was cool enough.
Scrubbing with the sponge generally removes residues and it is
surprising how well the grill works after *many* years.
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Janet" > wrote:

> "Omelet" > wrote in message newsmpomelet-
>
> <snip>
> .
> >
> > When this one goes tho', I'm considering replacing it with a toaster
> > oven.
> > --
> > Peace! Om

> I love toaster ovens, but they are useless for cooking meat, IMHO. Wonderful
> for melted cheese things, such as tuna melts.

Okay, I was thinking they'd be good for roasting chicken pieces here.
I had one as a senior in college and used it a lot for roasting
poultry...
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article <5Auzk.262$1a2.17@trnddc04>,
"James Silverton" > wrote:

> Omelet wrote on Mon, 15 Sep 2008 08:51:46 -0500:
>
> >> On Sep 15, 6:48 am, Omelet > wrote:
> >> I lay a couple of clean, sopping wet, soapy dishrags on it
> >> right after removing the food, close the lid, and let it all
> >> sit a while. Much easier to clean up. Yes, the nonstick
> >> went fairly soon in my ownership, but no worry. I dribble a
> >> bit of oil on it before use.

> > I tried that with the last one, but they are so inexpensive
> > (if you don't get the "foreman" brand) that it was worth just
> > replacing it. Using oil did not make it non-stick, and those
> > grills are aluminum. --
> > Peace! Ohm

> Useful tip about the wet paper towels. I've generally dampened a
> Foreman Grill with a non-scratch sponge once it was cool enough.
> Scrubbing with the sponge generally removes residues and it is
> surprising how well the grill works after *many* years.

The GE is lasting a LOT longer than the Foreman brand did. ;-)
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article <5Auzk.262$1a2.17@trnddc04>,

>> > I tried that with the last one, but they are so inexpensive
>> > (if you don't get the "foreman" brand) that it was worth just
>> > replacing it. Using oil did not make it non-stick, and those
>> > grills are aluminum. --
>> > Peace! Ohm

>> Useful tip about the wet paper towels. I've generally dampened a
>> Foreman Grill with a non-scratch sponge once it was cool enough.
>> Scrubbing with the sponge generally removes residues and it is
>> surprising how well the grill works after *many* years.

> The GE is lasting a LOT longer than the Foreman brand did. ;-)
> --
> Peace! Om

I have the Hamilton Beach with the removable grills. But I still use the
wet paper towels and close it while we eat. Cleans up really easy....Sharon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

biig wrote:

> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news
>> In article <5Auzk.262$1a2.17@trnddc04>,

>>> Useful tip about the wet paper towels. I've generally dampened a
>>> Foreman Grill with a non-scratch sponge once it was cool enough.
>>> Scrubbing with the sponge generally removes residues and it is
>>> surprising how well the grill works after *many* years.

>> The GE is lasting a LOT longer than the Foreman brand did. ;-)
>> --
>> Peace! Om
>>

> I have the Hamilton Beach with the removable grills. But I still use the
> wet paper towels and close it while we eat. Cleans up really easy....Sharon

I have a Foreman with removable grills. I can't imagine buying one
without removable grills.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .net>,
Blinky the Shark > wrote:

> I have a Foreman with removable grills. I can't imagine buying one
> without removable grills.
>

> --
> Blinky

Ditto.
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article .net>,
> Blinky the Shark > wrote:
>
>> I have a Foreman with removable grills. I can't imagine buying one
>> without removable grills.
>>

>> --
>> Blinky

> Ditto.

My kitchen stuff is really outdated, but they all work so I can't see
replacing yet. Foodsaver - 2002, no bells or whistles; Foreman grill - 2000
or maybe earlier - no removable grills and no bun warmer. One of my oldest
appliances is a Krupp's FP, little mini thing. I don't have a full-sized FP
but haven't needed one. KA mixer is a hand-me-down from my grandmother's
things.

I have noticed that the FS doesn't vacuum seal the canisters reliably
anymore, so it could be time to replace that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Omelet > wrote

> Okay, I was thinking they'd be good for roasting chicken pieces here.
> I had one as a senior in college and used it a lot for roasting
> poultry...

I have a Black and Decker convection oven/toaster oven. It does an
absolutely wonderful job with roasting chicken pieces and cooking chops
and other small cuts of meat.

That being said, there's no way a toaster oven is a substitute for a
George Foreman grill. They are two entire different types of cooking
tools and they both have their strengths and weaknesses. The biggest
weakness for a toaster oven is that its more difficult to clean then a
GFG, but it can cook a wider range of items than a GFG.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Stan Horwitz said...

> In article >,
> Omelet > wrote
>
>> Okay, I was thinking they'd be good for roasting chicken pieces here.
>> I had one as a senior in college and used it a lot for roasting
>> poultry...

> I have a Black and Decker convection oven/toaster oven. It does an
> absolutely wonderful job with roasting chicken pieces and cooking chops
> and other small cuts of meat.
>
> That being said, there's no way a toaster oven is a substitute for a
> George Foreman grill. They are two entire different types of cooking
> tools and they both have their strengths and weaknesses. The biggest
> weakness for a toaster oven is that its more difficult to clean then a
> GFG, but it can cook a wider range of items than a GFG.

Stan,

I have a Black & Decker convection toaster oven too. Great oven. I
convection bake tri tip and chateaubriand to perfection in next to no time!

I had a GF grill. The only complaints about it was all the food had to be
the same height or some items wouldn't cook equally, not to mention
overcook others. It was a mini version with no temp control.

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Stan Horwitz > wrote:

> In article >,
> Omelet > wrote
>
> > Okay, I was thinking they'd be good for roasting chicken pieces here.
> > I had one as a senior in college and used it a lot for roasting
> > poultry...

> I have a Black and Decker convection oven/toaster oven. It does an
> absolutely wonderful job with roasting chicken pieces and cooking chops
> and other small cuts of meat.
>
> That being said, there's no way a toaster oven is a substitute for a
> George Foreman grill. They are two entire different types of cooking
> tools and they both have their strengths and weaknesses. The biggest
> weakness for a toaster oven is that its more difficult to clean then a
> GFG, but it can cook a wider range of items than a GFG.

<lol> I know, it's just that I seldom ever use my electric grill
anymore, (even tho' it does a really good job on flat meat!) but my
thought was that a Toaster Oven would be more versatile.

I just don't have the space for both.

I also find that I need to debone steaks for it to do a really good job.