Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Mother's Cookies *and* Archway Cookies

Not too long ago, we discussed the demise of Mother's Cookies.

I don't know if Mother's and Archway are connected, but at the store today
there was a shelf tag in front of the dozen or so packages of Mother's
fudge sandwich cookies, that said both Mother's and Archway had stopped
making cookies. (The sign also said that those sources also made store
brand cookies for the chain, and said that they were looking around for
new sources for those.)

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> Not too long ago, we discussed the demise of Mother's Cookies.
>
> I don't know if Mother's and Archway are connected, but at the store today
> there was a shelf tag in front of the dozen or so packages of Mother's
> fudge sandwich cookies, that said both Mother's and Archway had stopped
> making cookies. (The sign also said that those sources also made store
> brand cookies for the chain, and said that they were looking around for
> new sources for those.)

I posted a story yesterday that Kellogg is buying Mother's recipes.

-Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tracy wrote:

> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>> Not too long ago, we discussed the demise of Mother's Cookies.
>>
>> I don't know if Mother's and Archway are connected, but at the store
>> today there was a shelf tag in front of the dozen or so packages of
>> Mother's fudge sandwich cookies, that said both Mother's and Archway had
>> stopped making cookies. (The sign also said that those sources also
>> made store brand cookies for the chain, and said that they were looking
>> around for new sources for those.)
>>

> I posted a story yesterday that Kellogg is buying Mother's recipes.

I saw that, and that we don't really know what that's going to mean at
the consumer end of things. I hope for the best. Of course, my post,
above, was meant to add Archway to the list of cookie makers down.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> Tracy wrote
>> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>>> Not too long ago, we discussed the demise of Mother's Cookies.
>>>
>>> I don't know if Mother's and Archway are connected, but at the store
>>> today there was a shelf tag in front of the dozen or so packages of
>>> Mother's fudge sandwich cookies, that said both Mother's and Archway had
>>> stopped making cookies. (The sign also said that those sources also
>>> made store brand cookies for the chain, and said that they were looking
>>> around for new sources for those.)
>>>

>> I posted a story yesterday that Kellogg is buying Mother's recipes.

> I saw that, and that we don't really know what that's going to mean at
> the consumer end of things. I hope for the best. Of course, my post,
> above, was meant to add Archway to the list of cookie makers down.

My bad. I didn't even connect with the fact that Archway is shutting
down too. I don't really eat those either but I remember liking their
hermits.

I just did a bit of googling and I guess they are connected:
http://www.archwaymothers.com/website/main.html

and I also saw this:

http://www.times-gazette.com/news/article/4478881

so, I guess maybe not all hope is lost for cookie lovers.

-Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tracy wrote:

> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>> Tracy wrote

>>> I posted a story yesterday that Kellogg is buying Mother's recipes.

>> I saw that, and that we don't really know what that's going to mean at
>> the consumer end of things. I hope for the best. Of course, my post,
>> above, was meant to add Archway to the list of cookie makers down.
>>

> My bad. I didn't even connect with the fact that Archway is shutting down
> too. I don't really eat those either but I remember liking their hermits.

I tried to help by putting it in the Subject header with "Mother's".

I can't actually name distinctively Archway cookie, but I'd say they've
been making cookies as long as I can remember. And I'm a boomer-geezer.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nina wrote:

> On Sat, 06 Dec 2008 00:53:17 -0800, Blinky the Shark >
> wrote:

>>I can't actually name distinctively Archway cookie, but I'd say they've
>>been making cookies as long as I can remember. And I'm a boomer-geezer.

> For me, two distinctive Archway cookies.... a terrific oatmeal raisin
> cookie and also those oatmeal cookies that are sort of folded around some
> apricot or raspberry jam. Comfort cookies.

Regular oatmeal cookies require some peanut butter spread on them.