Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Archway Cookies

Does anyone here remember Archway cookies? They used to advertise like
crazy, but now, nothing.

Cheers,
Chuck Kopsho
Oceanside, California

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Chuck Kopsho" > wrote in message
> Does anyone here remember Archway cookies? They used to advertise like
> crazy, but now, nothing.
>
> Cheers,
> Chuck Kopsho
> Oceanside, California

Archway filed for bankruptcy. I think I read that the assets had been
purchased by another company (seems like it may have been more than one
company), but I don't remember seeing any follow-up.

MaryL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chuck Kopsho wrote:

> Does anyone here remember Archway cookies? They used to advertise like
> crazy, but now, nothing.

When I was in college, their German Chocolate cookies were
my favorite. However, I don't remember ever seeing an
advertisement for the company. I assume that would have
been for the franchise chain. I only bought the packaged
cookies, and I wasn't aware there was a franchise chain
until a few minutes ago when I read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archway_Cookies
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Chuck Kopsho" > wrote in message
> Does anyone here remember Archway cookies? They used to advertise like
> crazy, but now, nothing.

Isn't this the company that makes the macaroons that some swear help
arthritis?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

MaryL wrote:

> "Chuck Kopsho" > wrote in message
>> Does anyone here remember Archway cookies? They used to advertise like
>> crazy, but now, nothing.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Chuck Kopsho
>> Oceanside, California
>>

> Archway filed for bankruptcy. I think I read that the assets had been
> purchased by another company (seems like it may have been more than one
> company), but I don't remember seeing any follow-up.
>
> MaryL

I have never heard of them or remember seeing them in local stores in
the past. Here is a followup link I found on the companies bankruptsy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archway_Cookies

cl

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed 05 Aug 2009 09:46:00p, cl told us...

> MaryL wrote:
>>
>> "Chuck Kopsho" > wrote in message
>>> Does anyone here remember Archway cookies? They used to advertise like
>>> crazy, but now, nothing.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Chuck Kopsho
>>> Oceanside, California
>>>

>> Archway filed for bankruptcy. I think I read that the assets had been
>> purchased by another company (seems like it may have been more than one
>> company), but I don't remember seeing any follow-up.
>>
>> MaryL
>>

> I have never heard of them or remember seeing them in local stores in
> the past. Here is a followup link I found on the companies bankruptsy:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archway_Cookies
>
> cl

Archway cookies were commonplace in almost every supermarket chain in the
Cleveland area for many years. I don't remember seeing them in stores here
in Arizona after we moved here.

--
Wayne Boatwright
A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand. Barbara Johnson, author

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 5, 10:20*pm, (Chuck Kopsho) wrote:
> * Does anyone here remember Archway cookies? They used to advertise like
> crazy, but now, nothing.
>
> * * * * * Cheers,
> * * * * * Chuck Kopsho
> * * * * * Oceanside, California

Pecan Icebox cookies! YUM!

And those big molasses cookies with the sugar bullet in the center!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf said...

> On Wed, 5 Aug 2009 20:20:59 -0700, (Chuck Kopsho)
> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone here remember Archway cookies? They used to advertise like
>>crazy, but now, nothing.

> Nope. Never heard of them.

sf,

Go to bed!

Silly night owl!

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 06 Aug 2009 03:15:23 -0500, Andy > wrote:

>sf,
>
>Go to bed!
>
>Silly night owl!

Hey! Are you up early or up late? I never know with you... and
you're right. I need to hit the hay.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 06 Aug 2009 03:17:50 -0500, Andy > wrote:

>Andy said...
>
>You can tell me

<snip>
Forgot to tell you there's life in chat. I won't be there because I'm
taking your advice... but you'll have company if you pop in now.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf said...

> On Thu, 06 Aug 2009 03:15:23 -0500, Andy > wrote:
>
>>sf,
>>
>>Go to bed!
>>
>>Silly night owl!

> Hey! Are you up early or up late? I never know with you... and
> you're right. I need to hit the hay.

sf,

I'm up early.

This Powerball lottery is causing me to lose sleep!

It's beginning to **** me off! A dollar in the hole, DAMMIT!!! <G>

Best,

Andy
P.S. <SMOOTCH>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
5.247...

> Archway cookies were commonplace in almost every supermarket chain in the
> Cleveland area for many years. I don't remember seeing them in stores
> here
> in Arizona after we moved here.
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright
> A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand. Barbara Johnson, author
> and comedian

I used to buy them here (East Texas). They were my favorites among packaged
cookies! I no longer eat cookies, cakes, etc., but those were nice.

MaryL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

MaryL wrote:
> "Chuck Kopsho" > wrote

>> Does anyone here remember Archway cookies? They used to advertise
>> like crazy, but now, nothing.

> Archway filed for bankruptcy. I think I read that the assets had been
> purchased by another company (seems like it may have been more than
> one company), but I don't remember seeing any follow-up.

Are you maybe thinking of Grandma's cookies? Anyway, I haven't
seen Archway cookies in years, but then, they were always put
someplace weird in the store, like on the end of the aisle. I didn't
notice when they disappeared.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 6, 7:50*am, "Nancy Young" > wrote:
> MaryL wrote:
> > "Chuck Kopsho" > wrote
> >> *Does anyone here remember Archway cookies? They used to advertise
> >> like crazy, but now, nothing.

> > Archway filed for bankruptcy. *I think I read that the assets had been
> > purchased by another company (seems like it may have been more than
> > one company), but I don't remember seeing any follow-up.

> Are you maybe thinking of Grandma's cookies? *Anyway, I haven't
> seen Archway cookies in years, but then, they were always put
> someplace weird in the store, like on the end of the aisle. *I didn't
> notice when they disappeared.
>
> nancy

Yeah, they didn't pay their kickbacks to grocery stores to get prime
product placement on the shelves.

I've seem Archway cookies very recently in a grocery store here in
Saint Louis MO. I think at Dierberg's.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 5, 10:20*pm, (Chuck Kopsho) wrote:
> * Does anyone here remember Archway cookies? They used to advertise like
> crazy, but now, nothing.
>
> * * * * * Cheers,
> * * * * * Chuck Kopsho
> * * * * * Oceanside, California

Here's the skinny on Archway:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ter.html?cat=3

Seems they filed for Chapter 7 bankrupcy, but have now been purchased
by Lance (the company that makes all those little packs of cheese
crackers, among other things) and have reopened their production plant
in Ohio.

Google is an amazing thing!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 6, 8:09*am, John Kuthe > wrote:
> On Aug 6, 7:50*am, "Nancy Young" > wrote:
>
> > MaryL wrote:
> > > "Chuck Kopsho" > wrote
> > > Archway filed for bankruptcy. *I think I read that the assets had been
> > > purchased by another company (seems like it may have been more than
> > > one company), but I don't remember seeing any follow-up.

> > Are you maybe thinking of Grandma's cookies? *Anyway, I haven't
> > seen Archway cookies in years, but then, they were always put
> > someplace weird in the store, like on the end of the aisle. *I didn't
> > notice when they disappeared.

> > nancy

> Yeah, they didn't pay their kickbacks to grocery stores to get prime
> product placement on the shelves.
>
> I've seem Archway cookies very recently in a grocery store here in
> Saint Louis MO. I think at Dierberg's.

They are cheap trash cookies.

> John Kuthe...

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Chuck Kopsho" > wrote:

> Does anyone here remember Archway cookies? They used to advertise like
> crazy, but now, nothing.

Archway suffered some financial problems but are now back in business.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archway_Cookies

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chuck Kopsho wrote:
> Does anyone here remember Archway cookies? They used to advertise like
> crazy, but now, nothing.
>
> Cheers,
> Chuck Kopsho
> Oceanside, California

They're still there as far as I know. I recall seeing some
not too long ago. I hardly ever buy "bought" cookies but
Archway is one brand I will sometimes buy - certain varieties.

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chuck Kopsho wrote:
> Does anyone here remember Archway cookies? They used to advertise
> like crazy, but now, nothing.
>
> Cheers,
> Chuck Kopsho
> Oceanside, California

Interesting. These cookies are readily available here in Connecticut, and I
have two packages in front of me.

Iced Oatmeal: 'Manufactured' by Archway and Mother's Cookies, Battle
Creek, MI
Chocolate Chip: 'Manufactured' by Lance Manufacturing, Charlotte, NC.

I have thought for a long time that cookies were baked, so the term
'manufactured' is a surprise.

They're good, though; as tasty as Pepperidge Farm for about a buck less per
package.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 6, 3:38*pm, Kate Connally > wrote:
> Chuck Kopsho wrote:
> > * Does anyone here remember Archway cookies? They used to advertise like
> > crazy, but now, nothing.

> > * * * * * Cheers,
> > * * * * * Chuck Kopsho
> > * * * * * Oceanside, California

> They're still there as far as I know. *I recall seeing some
> not too long ago. *I hardly ever buy "bought" cookies but
> Archway is one brand I will sometimes buy - certain varieties.
>
> Kate
>
> --
> Kate Connally
> “If I were as old as I feel, I’d be dead already.”
> Goldfish: “The wholesome snack that smiles back,
> Until you bite their heads off.”
> What if the hokey pokey really *is* what it's all about?

"Windmills" - pressed sugar cookie with thin sliced almonds?
Chewy oatmeal raisin?
and another shortbread type I can't remember - a lot cheaper than
(Nabisco?) Lorna Doone or (peppfarm) Chessmen

Lynn from Fargo
just bought teeny tiny (marble sized) Yukon Gold potatoes dug this
morning.

What to do . . . steamed, creamed, sauteed, roasted. fried in bacon
fat? Whatever - they can't be crunchy - got no teeth!