Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Greased baking sheet OR parchment paper?

Perhaps asked before...

I've been using parchment paper to line a baking sheet for "baked 'fried'
chicken tenders," chipotle pork tenderloin, etc. It's about as non stick as
greasing the pan itself but so much easier cleanup. It's got a silicone non-
stick property to it.

Greased baking sheet OR parchment paper or the new-age silicone baking
sheets? Which do you prefer?

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon 10 Nov 2008 06:29:24a, Andy told us...

> Perhaps asked before...
>
> I've been using parchment paper to line a baking sheet for "baked
> 'fried' chicken tenders," chipotle pork tenderloin, etc. It's about as
> non stick as greasing the pan itself but so much easier cleanup. It's
> got a silicone non- stick property to it.
>
> Greased baking sheet OR parchment paper or the new-age silicone baking
> sheets? Which do you prefer?
>
> Andy

I use baking parchment. I know the silicone mats are very good, but they
require cleaning, too. Paper you can throw away. Coated metal baking
sheets eventually get scratched with spatulas.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Monday, 11(XI)/10(X)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day
17hrs 6mins
Though it all looks different now, I
know it's still the same...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Perhaps asked before...
>
> I've been using parchment paper to line a baking sheet for "baked 'fried'
> chicken tenders," chipotle pork tenderloin, etc. It's about as non stick as
> greasing the pan itself but so much easier cleanup. It's got a silicone non-
> stick property to it.
>
> Greased baking sheet OR parchment paper or the new-age silicone baking
> sheets? Which do you prefer?

I prefer 600 count percale.

WTF is a baking sheet... and why do you want to sleep with the chicken
and pigs?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright > wrote in
5.247:

> On Mon 10 Nov 2008 06:29:24a, Andy told us...
>
>> Perhaps asked before...
>>
>> I've been using parchment paper to line a baking sheet for "baked
>> 'fried' chicken tenders," chipotle pork tenderloin, etc. It's about
>> as non stick as greasing the pan itself but so much easier cleanup.
>> It's got a silicone non- stick property to it.
>>
>> Greased baking sheet OR parchment paper or the new-age silicone
>> baking sheets? Which do you prefer?
>>
>> Andy

> I use baking parchment. I know the silicone mats are very good, but
> they require cleaning, too. Paper you can throw away.

Oh......... the poor trees :-(

;-P
--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

"Life is not like a box of chocolates... it's more like a jar of
jalapenos. What you do today... might burn your ass tomorrow."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon said...

> Andy wrote:
>> Perhaps asked before...
>>
>> I've been using parchment paper to line a baking sheet for "baked
>> 'fried' chicken tenders," chipotle pork tenderloin, etc. It's about as
>> non stick as greasing the pan itself but so much easier cleanup. It's
>> got a silicone non- stick property to it.
>>
>> Greased baking sheet OR parchment paper or the new-age silicone baking
>> sheets? Which do you prefer?

> I prefer 600 count percale.
>
> WTF is a baking sheet... and why do you want to sleep with the chicken
> and pigs?

Heh heh heh heh heh!

Ain't it about flannel sheet time up Yew Nork way?

Ya BUM!!!

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Perhaps asked before...
>
> I've been using parchment paper to line a baking sheet for "baked 'fried'
> chicken tenders," chipotle pork tenderloin, etc. It's about as non stick as
> greasing the pan itself but so much easier cleanup. It's got a silicone non-
> stick property to it.
>
> Greased baking sheet OR parchment paper or the new-age silicone baking
> sheets? Which do you prefer?

For oven fried chicken I use pans liberally greased with oil. I think
that it helps the pseudo frying process.

I also used greased pans for cookies. It is probably just a matter of an
old habit dying hard. I have never tried parchment paper with cookies,
though we use parchment paper for meringues.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Perhaps asked before...
>
> I've been using parchment paper to line a baking sheet for "baked 'fried'
> chicken tenders," chipotle pork tenderloin, etc. It's about as non stick as
> greasing the pan itself but so much easier cleanup. It's got a silicone non-
> stick property to it.
>
> Greased baking sheet OR parchment paper or the new-age silicone baking
> sheets? Which do you prefer?
>
> Andy

I like parchment. The reason it has such good non stick properties is
that it is essentially paper impregnated with silicone.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

George wrote on Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:00:21 -0500:

> Andy wrote:
>> Perhaps asked before...
>>
>> I've been using parchment paper to line a baking sheet for
>> "baked 'fried' chicken tenders," chipotle pork tenderloin,
>> etc. It's about as non stick as greasing the pan itself but
>> so much easier cleanup. It's got a silicone non- stick
>> property to it.
>>
>> Greased baking sheet OR parchment paper or the new-age
>> silicone baking sheets? Which do you prefer?
>>
>> Andy

Another possibilty that I use for oven-"fried" chicken or potatoes is a
scattering of cornmeal. It really works and the little that adheres to
the food does not detract from the result. I've not tried separate
silicone sheets but non-stick baking sheets don't last very long.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon 10 Nov 2008 07:51:09a, Dave Smith told us...

> For oven fried chicken I use pans liberally greased with oil. I think
> that it helps the pseudo frying process.
>
> I also used greased pans for cookies. It is probably just a matter of an
> old habit dying hard. I have never tried parchment paper with cookies,
> though we use parchment paper for meringues.

Many cookie recipes call for non-greased pans. Baking parchment works well
for these, too.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Monday, 11(XI)/10(X)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day
15hrs 44mins
The road to enlightenment is long &
hard-so take snacks and a magazine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon 10 Nov 2008 08:08:48a, James Silverton told us...

> Another possibilty that I use for oven-"fried" chicken or potatoes is a
> scattering of cornmeal. It really works and the little that adheres to
> the food does not detract from the result. I've not tried separate
> silicone sheets but non-stick baking sheets don't last very long.

The silicone sheets like Sil-Pat work extremely well, but still require
cleaning. Parchment, of course, is a toss away. I totally agree about the
non-stick baking sheets. They’re a waste of money.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Monday, 11(XI)/10(X)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day
15hrs 42mins
SENILE.COM found: out of memory...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"James Silverton" > wrote:

> George wrote on Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:00:21 -0500:
>
> > Andy wrote:
> >> Perhaps asked before...
> >>
> >> I've been using parchment paper to line a baking sheet for
> >> "baked 'fried' chicken tenders," chipotle pork tenderloin,
> >> etc. It's about as non stick as greasing the pan itself but
> >> so much easier cleanup. It's got a silicone non- stick
> >> property to it.
> >>
> >> Greased baking sheet OR parchment paper or the new-age
> >> silicone baking sheets? Which do you prefer?
> >>
> >> Andy

> Another possibilty that I use for oven-"fried" chicken or potatoes is a
> scattering of cornmeal. It really works and the little that adheres to
> the food does not detract from the result. I've not tried separate
> silicone sheets but non-stick baking sheets don't last very long.

I'm planning on getting some silpats for my sister.
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 10, 9:38�am, Andy > wrote:
> Sheldon said...
>
> > Andy wrote:
> >> Perhaps asked before...

> >> I've been using parchment paper to line a baking sheet for "baked
> >> 'fried' chicken tenders," chipotle pork tenderloin, etc. It's about as
> >> non stick as greasing the pan itself but so much easier cleanup. It's
> >> got a silicone non- stick property to it.

> >> Greased baking sheet OR parchment paper or the new-age silicone baking
> >> sheets? Which do you prefer?

> > I prefer 600 count percale.

> > WTF is a baking sheet... and why do you want to sleep with the chicken
> > and pigs?

> Heh heh heh heh heh!
>
> Ain't it about flannel sheet time up Yew Nork way?
>
> Ya BUM!!!

I hate flannel bedding.

For baking chicken/pork use a "roasting pan"... oil the meat, not the
pan (unless you're gonna eat the pan). Sheet pans are for bakery
goods, they're too shallow for meats unless you like living
dangerously and don't mind fat running/spattering. If you're
concerned about clean up there are non stick roasting pans.

Great pan, great price: http://tinyurl.com/5k2pyu

http://www.amazon.com/Circulon-16-In.../dp/B0000UQON2

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 10, 5:29*am, Andy > wrote:
> Perhaps asked before...
>
> I've been using parchment paper to line a baking sheet for "baked 'fried'
> chicken tenders," chipotle pork tenderloin, etc. It's about as non stick as
> greasing the pan itself but so much easier cleanup. It's got a silicone non-
> stick property to it.
>
> Greased baking sheet OR parchment paper or the new-age silicone baking
> sheets? Which do you prefer?
>
> Andy

Silpats or Parchment!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 10, 7:20*am, Omelet > wrote:
> In article >,
> *"James Silverton" > wrote:
>

> > *George *wrote *on Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:00:21 -0500:

> > Another possibilty that I use for oven-"fried" chicken or potatoes is a
> > scattering of cornmeal. It really works and the little that adheres to
> > the food does not detract from the result. I've not tried separate
> > silicone sheets but non-stick baking sheets don't last very long.

> I'm planning on getting some silpats for my sister.
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> "Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama- Hide quoted text -

Nice gift! There are some things that are soooo much easier when using
them, like florentines.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

merryb said...

> On Nov 10, 5:29*am, Andy > wrote:
>> Perhaps asked before...
>>
>> I've been using parchment paper to line a baking sheet for "baked

'fried'
>> chicken tenders," chipotle pork tenderloin, etc. It's about as non stick

> as
>> greasing the pan itself but so much easier cleanup. It's got a silicone

> on-
>> stick property to it.
>>
>> Greased baking sheet OR parchment paper or the new-age silicone baking
>> sheets? Which do you prefer?
>>
>> Andy

> Silpats or Parchment!

merryb,

So... your choice?!?

Don't leave me in suspense!!!

Best,

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 10, 7:29*am, Andy > wrote:
> Perhaps asked before...
>
> I've been using parchment paper to line a baking sheet for "baked 'fried'
> chicken tenders," chipotle pork tenderloin, etc. It's about as non stick as
> greasing the pan itself but so much easier cleanup. It's got a silicone non-
> stick property to it.
>
> Greased baking sheet OR parchment paper or the new-age silicone baking
> sheets? Which do you prefer?
>
> Andy

Parchment or non-stick foil.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 10, 10:05*am, Andy > wrote:
> merryb said...
>

> > On Nov 10, 5:29*am, Andy > wrote:
> >> Perhaps asked before...

> >> I've been using parchment paper to line a baking sheet for "baked

> 'fried'
> >> chicken tenders," chipotle pork tenderloin, etc. It's about as non stick

> > as
> >> greasing the pan itself but so much easier cleanup. It's got a silicone

> > on-
> >> stick property to it.

> >> Greased baking sheet OR parchment paper or the new-age silicone baking
> >> sheets? Which do you prefer?

> >> Andy

> > Silpats or Parchment!

> merryb,
>
> So... your choice?!?
>
> Don't leave me in suspense!!!
>
> Best,
>
> Andy- Hide quoted text -

Ok, silpats. I guess it's the green part of me! I use both, but
probably use silpats the most...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 said...

> On Nov 10, 7:29*am, Andy > wrote:
>> Perhaps asked before...
>>
>> I've been using parchment paper to line a baking sheet for "baked

'fried'
>> chicken tenders," chipotle pork tenderloin, etc. It's about as non stick

> as
>> greasing the pan itself but so much easier cleanup. It's got a silicone

> on-
>> stick property to it.
>>
>> Greased baking sheet OR parchment paper or the new-age silicone baking
>> sheets? Which do you prefer?
>>
>> Andy

> Parchment or non-stick foil.
>
> N.

Nancy2,

Non-stick foil? I've seen it advertised. ICK!!!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

> I'm planning on getting some silpats for my sister.

A stocking stuffer or in lieu of a boob job? hehe

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 10, 4:00*pm, Sheldon > wrote:
> Omelet wrote:
>
> > I'm planning on getting some silpats for my sister.

> A stocking stuffer or in lieu of a boob job? hehe

They're kinda flat for that purpose...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" > wrote in message ...
> Perhaps asked before...
>
> I've been using parchment paper to line a baking sheet for "baked 'fried'
> chicken tenders," chipotle pork tenderloin, etc. It's about as non stick
> as
> greasing the pan itself but so much easier cleanup. It's got a silicone
> non-
> stick property to it.
>
> Greased baking sheet OR parchment paper or the new-age silicone baking
> sheets? Which do you prefer?
>
> Andy

Silpat is wonderful for baking cookies etc but in my experience if you try
to cook savory foods the splatter burns on and is almost impossible to
remove.

Pam + aluminum foil is all I use in the toaster oven for the kids.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 10, 2:53*pm, Andy > wrote:
> Nancy2 said...
>

> > On Nov 10, 7:29*am, Andy > wrote:
> >> Perhaps asked before...

> >> I've been using parchment paper to line a baking sheet for "baked

> 'fried'
> >> chicken tenders," chipotle pork tenderloin, etc. It's about as non stick

> > as
> >> greasing the pan itself but so much easier cleanup. It's got a silicone

> > on-
> >> stick property to it.

> >> Greased baking sheet OR parchment paper or the new-age silicone baking
> >> sheets? Which do you prefer?

> >> Andy

> > Parchment or non-stick foil.

> > N.

> Nancy2,
>
> Non-stick foil? I've seen it advertised. ICK!!!
>
> Andy- Hide quoted text -

What's ick about it? It's called "Release" foil. It saves having to
grease foil when you bake something - I use it all the time to line a
small shallow pan to bake stuff in the toaster oven. It's also really
handy to cover sticky left-overs like lasagne or mac 'n cheese,
because it doesn't stick to the food. I can't do without it.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 10, 6:21*pm, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> "Andy" > wrote in ...
> > Perhaps asked before...

> > I've been using parchment paper to line a baking sheet for "baked 'fried'
> > chicken tenders," chipotle pork tenderloin, etc. It's about as non stick
> > as
> > greasing the pan itself but so much easier cleanup. It's got a silicone
> > non-
> > stick property to it.

> > Greased baking sheet OR parchment paper or the new-age silicone baking
> > sheets? Which do you prefer?

> > Andy

> Silpat is wonderful for baking cookies etc but in my experience if you try
> to cook savory foods the splatter burns on and is almost impossible to
> remove.
>
> Pam + aluminum foil is all I use in the toaster oven for the kids.
>
> Dimitri

I agree about Silpat & savories - I'd never do a roast on it, for
instance.

Dimitri, try the Reynolds "Release" foil instead of using foil plus
Pam - much easier and not as messy as spraying with Pam.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
On Nov 10, 6:21 pm, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> "Andy" > wrote in
> > Perhaps asked before...

> > I've been using parchment paper to line a baking sheet for "baked
> > 'fried'
> > chicken tenders," chipotle pork tenderloin, etc. It's about as non stick
> > as
> > greasing the pan itself but so much easier cleanup. It's got a silicone
> > non-
> > stick property to it.

> > Greased baking sheet OR parchment paper or the new-age silicone baking
> > sheets? Which do you prefer?

> > Andy

> Silpat is wonderful for baking cookies etc but in my experience if you try
> to cook savory foods the splatter burns on and is almost impossible to
> remove.
>
> Pam + aluminum foil is all I use in the toaster oven for the kids.
>
> Dimitri

I agree about Silpat & savories - I'd never do a roast on it, for
instance.

Dimitri, try the Reynolds "Release" foil instead of using foil plus
Pam - much easier and not as messy as spraying with Pam.

N.

Thanks, Nancy.

I'll give it a try.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 11, 10:44�am, Nancy2 > wrote:
> On Nov 10, 6:21�pm, "Dimitri" > wrote:
>

> > "Andy" > wrote in ...
> > > Perhaps asked before...

> > > I've been using parchment paper to line a baking sheet for "baked 'fried'
> > > chicken tenders," chipotle pork tenderloin, etc. It's about as non stick
> > > as
> > > greasing the pan itself but so much easier cleanup. It's got a silicone
> > > non-
> > > stick property to it.

> > > Greased baking sheet OR parchment paper or the new-age silicone baking
> > > sheets? Which do you prefer?

> > > Andy

> > Silpat is wonderful for baking cookies etc but in my experience if you try
> > to cook savory foods the splatter burns on and is almost impossible to
> > remove.

> > Pam + aluminum foil is all I use in the toaster oven for the kids.

> > Dimitri

> I agree about Silpat & savories - I'd never do a roast on it, for
> instance.
>
> Dimitri, try the Reynolds "Release" foil instead of using foil plus
> Pam - much easier and not as messy as spraying with Pam.

Seems a bit pricy for something you use once and throw away; a measly
35 sq ft box costs like $4.

Why use any foil... how difficult is it to wash a small pan, and there
are myriad inexpensive non stick pans in every size and
configuration. The only excuse for using foil for every little thing
is some folks have more dollars than brain cells. A roll of foil
lasts me a long time... I have a 200 ft roll of Reynolds wrap more
than half full, I started that roll in 1995. I don't use much plastic
wrap either. I mostly use waxed paper (it's green), I find waxed
paper more useful for kitchen work, Cut-Rite is much better than the
store brands... and a 75 sq ft roll costs like $1.19.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 said...

> On Nov 10, 2:53*pm, Andy > wrote:
>> Nancy2 said...

>> 'fried'

sti
> ck
>> > as

silicon
>> > on-

baking

>> > Parchment or non-stick foil.

>> > N.

>> Nancy2,
>>
>> Non-stick foil? I've seen it advertised. ICK!!!
>>
>> Andy- Hide quoted text -

> What's ick about it? It's called "Release" foil. It saves having to
> grease foil when you bake something - I use it all the time to line a
> small shallow pan to bake stuff in the toaster oven. It's also really
> handy to cover sticky left-overs like lasagne or mac 'n cheese,
> because it doesn't stick to the food. I can't do without it.
>
> N.

Nancy,

It's probably OK, only I just can't imagine it laying around in a roll for
any long measure of time.

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon" > wrote in message
On Nov 11, 10:44�am, Nancy2 > wrote:
> On Nov 10, 6:21�pm, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> > Pam + aluminum foil is all I use in the toaster oven for the kids.

> > Dimitri

> I agree about Silpat & savories - I'd never do a roast on it, for
> instance.
>
> Dimitri, try the Reynolds "Release" foil instead of using foil plus
> Pam - much easier and not as messy as spraying with Pam.

Seems a bit pricy for something you use once and throw away; a measly
35 sq ft box costs like $4.

Why use any foil... how difficult is it to wash a small pan, and there
are myriad inexpensive non stick pans in every size and
configuration. The only excuse for using foil for every little thing
is some folks have more dollars than brain cells. A roll of foil
lasts me a long time... I have a 200 ft roll of Reynolds wrap more
than half full, I started that roll in 1995. I don't use much plastic
wrap either. I mostly use waxed paper (it's green), I find waxed
paper more useful for kitchen work, Cut-Rite is much better than the
store brands... and a 75 sq ft roll costs like $1.19.

I use the pan that comes with the toaster oven - I use the toaster oven
because I am making a very small quantity of the fercockta premade bags of
frozen Chicken Nuggets. I hate those things but when my 92 year old MIL has
stomach problems she seems to be able to tolerate those without a 3 day
trauma.

Her many is getting smaller and smaller - I think in reality she has
forgotten most of what she liked to eat.

The pan that comes with the oven is not the best quality and a spritz of Pam
is all I need to keep the nuggets from sticking and clean up is a foil
crunch away.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

blAndy blabbled:

> Nancy2 said...
>
> > On Nov 10, 2:53 pm, Andy > wrote:
> >> Nancy2 said...

> >> 'fried'

> sti
> > ck

> silicon

> baking

> >> Nancy2,
> >>
> >> Non-stick foil? I've seen it advertised. ICK!!!
> >>
> >> Andy- Hide quoted text -

> > What's ick about it? It's called "Release" foil. It saves having to
> > grease foil when you bake something - I use it all the time to line a
> > small shallow pan to bake stuff in the toaster oven. It's also really
> > handy to cover sticky left-overs like lasagne or mac 'n cheese,
> > because it doesn't stick to the food. I can't do without it.
> >
> > N.

> Nancy,
>
> It's probably OK, only I just can't imagine it laying around in a roll for
> any long measure of time.

'Tis no worse than that old toilet paper roll tube you've been
"************" into for years now...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 07:44:07 -0800 (PST), Nancy2 wrote:

> On Nov 10, 6:21*pm, "Dimitri" > wrote:
>>
>> Pam + aluminum foil is all I use in the toaster oven for the kids.
>>
>> Dimitri

> I agree about Silpat & savories - I'd never do a roast on it, for
> instance.
>
> Dimitri, try the Reynolds "Release" foil instead of using foil plus
> Pam - much easier and not as messy as spraying with Pam.
>
> N.

i've only seen the ads on t.v. is the stuff expensive?

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon" > wrote in message
On Nov 11, 6:52�pm, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> "Sheldon" > wrote in message

> On Nov 11, 10:44 am, Nancy2 > wrote:
>
> > On Nov 10, 6:21 pm, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> > > Pam + aluminum foil is all I use in the toaster oven for the kids.

> > > Dimitri

> > I agree about Silpat & savories - I'd never do a roast on it, for
> > instance.

> > Dimitri, try the Reynolds "Release" foil instead of using foil plus
> > Pam - much easier and not as messy as spraying with Pam.

> Seems a bit pricy for something you use once and throw away; a measly
> 35 sq ft box costs like $4.
>
> Why use any foil... how difficult is it to wash a small pan, and there
> are myriad inexpensive non stick pans in every size and
> configuration. �The only excuse for using foil for every little thing
> is some folks have more dollars than brain cells. �A roll of foil
> lasts me a long time... I have a 200 ft roll of Reynolds wrap more
> than half full, I started that roll in 1995. �I don't use much plastic
> wrap either. �I mostly use waxed paper (it's green), I find waxed
> paper more useful for kitchen work, Cut-Rite is much better than the
> store brands... and a 75 sq ft roll costs like $1.19.
>
> I use the pan that comes with the toaster oven - I use the toaster oven
> because I am making a very small quantity of the fercockta premade bags of
> frozen Chicken Nuggets. �I hate those things but when my 92 year old MIL
> has
> stomach problems she seems to be able to tolerate those without a 3 day
> trauma.
>
> Her many is getting smaller and smaller - I think in reality she has
> forgotten most of what she liked to eat.
>
> The pan that comes with the oven is not the best quality and a spritz of
> Pam
> is all I need to keep the nuggets from sticking and clean up is a foil
> crunch away.

I see you're trying to bump off your MIL. <G>

Those premade frozen nuggets are garbage. The grandkid's mother
brought some for me to prepare (dinosaur shaped). I looked at them,
read the ingredients, I refused to make them... those things ain't
even food... they're 3/4 greasy breading (more like play dough), and
the tiny bit they call chicken is a thin sliver of some nefarious
pressed goop. Instead I diced up a couple chicken breasts and simply
sauted them (no seasoning), served em on a paper plate to absorb the
excess olive oyl, with colored toothpics and a blob of Stan's favorite
red sauce. The kids loved them, ate them all and wanted more... no
more nose booger nuggets. I still have that package of dinosaue
nuggets in the basement freezer, one day I'll remember to bring them
up and see if the birds will eat them. Btw, anyone feeding young
kids, they'll even scoff down carrots and peas when served with
colored toothpic lances.

Yes I've seen that crap - my daughter used to buy them UGH! I stopped that
quickly.

These are actually chunks of white meat not ground and formed and a decent
breading. I have checked the texture and the meat it is pure muscle not
ground or processed and like your grandkids she uses Stan's sauce. Sometimes
if I am making something I know she does not tolerate well I give her the
choice of what I made or the chicken

She has a Hiatal hernia and quite often food gets trapped, some foods we
have found out empirically exacerbates the condition. At 92 she refuses to
have any invasive procedure done and per her request we have a legal DNR for
the paramedics (different from a hospital DNR) where the local paramedics
can find it. Paramedics have some specific regulations they must follow.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 10:45:04 -0800 (PST), Sheldon >
wrote:

>Btw, anyone feeding young
>kids, they'll even scoff down carrots and peas when served with
>colored toothpic lances.

You *ARE* an old softie! First Jillie pics, and now you're sounding
like a real grandpa. LOL! Don't worry. Your reputation is still
in-tact although some people may look at it suspiciously from now on.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 13:21:11 -0800, "Dimitri" >
wrote:

> At 92 she refuses to
>have any invasive procedure done and per her request we have a legal DNR for
>the paramedics (different from a hospital DNR) where the local paramedics
>can find it. Paramedics have some specific regulations they must follow.

At 92, she should be allowed to decide for herself. Her friends are
gone, most of her family is gone... I can't imagine outliving almost
everyone I know. UGH! Horrible thought. I think you're doing the
right thing. Let her live (and die) in peace.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 17:00:21 GMT, blake murphy
> wrote:

>On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 07:44:07 -0800 (PST), Nancy2 wrote:
>>
>> Dimitri, try the Reynolds "Release" foil instead of using foil plus
>> Pam - much easier and not as messy as spraying with Pam.

>i've only seen the ads on t.v. is the stuff expensive?

You've seen it advertised? You must not be watching "news TV" 24/7.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon > wrote in

oups.com:

> I still have that package of dinosaue nuggets in
> the basement freezer, one day I'll remember to bring them
> up and see if the birds will eat them.

why would you want to do that to the birds?
the skunks & raccoons will eat them. wait until late February
to put them out because they need more protein then, when
they're raising babies.

> Btw, anyone feeding
> young kids, they'll even scoff down carrots and peas when
> served with colored toothpic lances.

um, Sheldon, kids will eat pretty much everything you put in
front of them, fancy toothpicks or not. if they didn't, they
wouldn't choose to eat those "chicken" nuggets.
my kid won't eat lasagne because of texture issues, but he's
finally started eating ravioli (preferably not cheese. that's
the texture problem, the ricotta). otherwise, he eats pretty
much everything. his absolute favorite veggie is fresh steamed
artichokes, with lemon butter.
lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 22:53:21 -0800, sf wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 17:00:21 GMT, blake murphy
> > wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 07:44:07 -0800 (PST), Nancy2 wrote:
>>>
>>> Dimitri, try the Reynolds "Release" foil instead of using foil plus
>>> Pam - much easier and not as messy as spraying with Pam.

>>i've only seen the ads on t.v. is the stuff expensive?
>>

> You've seen it advertised? You must not be watching "news TV" 24/7.

actually, i'm down to almost nothing but 'law and order: criminal intent'
reruns and the new law and order stuff. i get most of my news from the
'net. and the washington *post*, but they've been ****ing me off of late.

(the ads during the re-runs, which are on late at night, are pretty funny:
mostly adult chat phone lines, featuring slutty chicks with big tits, and
geezer medical stuff. oh, and also trade schools.)

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 13:21:11 -0800, "Dimitri" >
> wrote:
>
>> At 92 she refuses to
>>have any invasive procedure done and per her request we have a legal DNR
>>for
>>the paramedics (different from a hospital DNR) where the local paramedics
>>can find it. Paramedics have some specific regulations they must follow.

> At 92, she should be allowed to decide for herself. Her friends are
> gone, most of her family is gone... I can't imagine outliving almost
> everyone I know. UGH! Horrible thought. I think you're doing the
> right thing. Let her live (and die) in peace.
>

> --
> I never worry about diets. The only carrots that
> interest me are the number of carats in a diamond.
>
> Mae West

Actually she has 2 sisters (a little younger) the both come up to visit and
spend time with her. It's fun to watch them laugh and giggle & have their
glass of wine or margarita.

Some of the parties these folks used to have would make your hair stand on
end. They used to just get PLOWED. There was 1 story about a Hawaiian pool
party at one of the sister's houses and a VAT of MaiTai's LOL.

We have unlimited phone service so she can chat with her other kids. We
have set up a webcam & I can pipe the laptop webcam into the TV and the
sound through the sound system. She'll sit there and chat with her great
grandkids like it was nothing.

I have no objection to her decision the only thing necessary was the
paramedic instructions needed to be countersigned by her primary physician.

When she's ready she'll make her decision and that will be that.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
>
>> On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 13:21:11 -0800, "Dimitri" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> At 92 she refuses to
>>> have any invasive procedure done and per her request we have a legal
>>> DNR for
>>> the paramedics (different from a hospital DNR) where the local
>>> paramedics
>>> can find it. Paramedics have some specific regulations they must
>>> follow.

>> At 92, she should be allowed to decide for herself. Her friends are
>> gone, most of her family is gone... I can't imagine outliving almost
>> everyone I know. UGH! Horrible thought. I think you're doing the
>> right thing. Let her live (and die) in peace.
>>

>> --
>> I never worry about diets. The only carrots that
>> interest me are the number of carats in a diamond.
>>
>> Mae West

> Actually she has 2 sisters (a little younger) the both come up to visit
> and spend time with her. It's fun to watch them laugh and giggle & have
> their glass of wine or margarita.
>
> Some of the parties these folks used to have would make your hair stand
> on end. They used to just get PLOWED. There was 1 story about a
> Hawaiian pool party at one of the sister's houses and a VAT of MaiTai's
> LOL.
>
> We have unlimited phone service so she can chat with her other kids. We
> have set up a webcam & I can pipe the laptop webcam into the TV and the
> sound through the sound system. She'll sit there and chat with her
> great grandkids like it was nothing.
>
> I have no objection to her decision the only thing necessary was the
> paramedic instructions needed to be countersigned by her primary physician.
>
> When she's ready she'll make her decision and that will be that.

Out in Sun City it is not uncommon to have a copy of the DNR order taped
or tacked to the inside of the front door where the ambulance crew can
grab it on their way out.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 12:11:15 -0800, "Dimitri" >
wrote:

>We have unlimited phone service so she can chat with her other kids. We
>have set up a webcam & I can pipe the laptop webcam into the TV and the
>sound through the sound system. She'll sit there and chat with her great
>grandkids like it was nothing.

Wow! She's not afraid of modern technology and you're not keeping it
away from her. It's a win, win situation.

>I have no objection to her decision the only thing necessary was the
>paramedic instructions needed to be countersigned by her primary physician.
>
>When she's ready she'll make her decision and that will be that.

Considering the technology you've introduced to her and provide for
her, it sounds like her quality of life is wonderful and when she
decides to go - she'll die happy.

You're a good man, Dimitri! My hat is off to you.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 17:18:12 GMT, blake murphy
> wrote:

>(the ads during the re-runs, which are on late at night, are pretty funny:
>mostly adult chat phone lines, featuring slutty chicks with big tits, and
>geezer medical stuff. oh, and also trade schools.)

booooriiiiing!

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 12:11:15 -0800, "Dimitri" >
> wrote:
>
>>We have unlimited phone service so she can chat with her other kids. We
>>have set up a webcam & I can pipe the laptop webcam into the TV and the
>>sound through the sound system. She'll sit there and chat with her great
>>grandkids like it was nothing.

> Wow! She's not afraid of modern technology and you're not keeping it
> away from her. It's a win, win situation.
>>
>>I have no objection to her decision the only thing necessary was the
>>paramedic instructions needed to be countersigned by her primary
>>physician.
>>
>>When she's ready she'll make her decision and that will be that.

> Considering the technology you've introduced to her and provide for
> her, it sounds like her quality of life is wonderful and when she
> decides to go - she'll die happy.
>
> You're a good man, Dimitri! My hat is off to you.

See I've got you fooled too.

:-)

Dimitri