Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default New kitchen shelf

I know. It doesn't take much to make me happy. ;-)
The area behind my kitchen sink has always driven me crazy. It's a
large area and is useful, but it's hard to keep organized. Until Now
Yippiee!!!

This is the picture of the shelf on the box. NOT_my_kitchen, by a long
shot. But that is my sink under the box.
http://i35.tinypic.com/2lizp5f.jpg

Before the shelf.
http://i33.tinypic.com/358bggl.jpg

After the shelf.
http://i35.tinypic.com/15kdad.jpg

All I did is what my niece calls "shifting shit"
But I think it's more organized looking shit and easier to keep clean.
Crumb. I noticed I need to clean the danged blinds. grrrrr

koko
There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 11/09
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"koko" wrote

> I know. It doesn't take much to make me happy. ;-)
> The area behind my kitchen sink has always driven me crazy. It's a
> large area and is useful, but it's hard to keep organized. Until Now
> Yippiee!!!

> Before the shelf.
> http://i33.tinypic.com/358bggl.jpg
>
> After the shelf.
> http://i35.tinypic.com/15kdad.jpg

I like it! Yes, much neater.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
koko > wrote:

> I know. It doesn't take much to make me happy. ;-)
> The area behind my kitchen sink has always driven me crazy. It's a
> large area and is useful, but it's hard to keep organized. Until Now
> Yippiee!!!
>
> This is the picture of the shelf on the box. NOT_my_kitchen, by a long
> shot. But that is my sink under the box.
> http://i35.tinypic.com/2lizp5f.jpg

That's typical of my configuration. What a good idea! It'd make keeping
the back of the sink clean easier.

> Before the shelf.
> http://i33.tinypic.com/358bggl.jpg
>
> After the shelf.
> http://i35.tinypic.com/15kdad.jpg

Now you can add another shelf to the opposite window!

> All I did is what my niece calls "shifting shit"
> But I think it's more organized looking shit and easier to keep clean.
> Crumb. I noticed I need to clean the danged blinds. grrrrr

Nobody would have noticed it dear. ;-)

So where did you order the folding shelf?

--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

koko wrote:
> I know. It doesn't take much to make me happy. ;-)
> The area behind my kitchen sink has always driven me crazy. It's a
> large area and is useful, but it's hard to keep organized. Until Now
> Yippiee!!!
>
> This is the picture of the shelf on the box. NOT_my_kitchen, by a long
> shot. But that is my sink under the box.
> http://i35.tinypic.com/2lizp5f.jpg
>
> Before the shelf.
> http://i33.tinypic.com/358bggl.jpg
>
> After the shelf.
> http://i35.tinypic.com/15kdad.jpg
>
> All I did is what my niece calls "shifting shit"
> But I think it's more organized looking shit and easier to keep clean.
> Crumb. I noticed I need to clean the danged blinds. grrrrr

(laugh) Don't you hate that? Look at this picture of my
kitchen! and you realize the table is covered with crumbs
or something.

Nice shelf, it's so much easier to keep your stuff
available. Handy. Glad you're happy.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 13:17:17 -0600, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> koko > wrote:
>
>> I know. It doesn't take much to make me happy. ;-)
>> The area behind my kitchen sink has always driven me crazy. It's a
>> large area and is useful, but it's hard to keep organized. Until Now
>> Yippiee!!!

snippage

>So where did you order the folding shelf?

I bought it at Bed Bath & Beyond when I bought my new dishes.

koko doing the happy dance.

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 11/09

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 9, 1:34�pm, koko > wrote:
> I know. It doesn't take much to make me happy. ;-)
> The area behind my kitchen sink has always driven me crazy. It's a
> large area and is useful, but it's hard to keep organized. Until Now
> Yippiee!!!
>
> This is the picture of the shelf on the box. NOT_my_kitchen, by a long
> shot. But that is my sink under the box.http://i35.tinypic.com/2lizp5f.jpg
>
> Before the shelf.http://i33.tinypic.com/358bggl.jpg
>
> After the shelf.http://i35.tinypic.com/15kdad.jpg
>
> All I did is what my niece calls "shifting shit"
> But I think it's more organized looking shit and easier to keep clean.

You're niece is correct, either way it looks like shit, but now with
the shelf you have a lot *more* shit. Why do you store anything in
that spot? All I have at my sink is a bottle of dish liquid and a
scrubbie in a small plastic tray... I wouldn't dream of storing
edibles in that area.

One can only imagine the clutter in the rest of your abode, I'd dread
to see your terlit.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
koko > wrote:

> On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 13:17:17 -0600, Omelet >
> wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > koko > wrote:
> >
> >> I know. It doesn't take much to make me happy. ;-)
> >> The area behind my kitchen sink has always driven me crazy. It's a
> >> large area and is useful, but it's hard to keep organized. Until Now
> >> Yippiee!!!
> >>

> snippage
>

> >So where did you order the folding shelf?
> >

> I bought it at Bed Bath & Beyond when I bought my new dishes.

I need to go there anyway. I want to get some silpats for my sister.

> koko doing the happy dance.

:-)

--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

koko wrote:

> Before the shelf.
> http://i33.tinypic.com/358bggl.jpg
>
> After the shelf.
> http://i35.tinypic.com/15kdad.jpg
>
> All I did is what my niece calls "shifting shit"
> But I think it's more organized looking shit and easier to keep clean.
> Crumb. I noticed I need to clean the danged blinds. grrrrr

Would you like the area more if you got rid of the blinds and the
curtains? Update it by making it siplier? I actually liked the stuff in
your before picture rather than the after, LOL.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun 09 Nov 2008 08:10:39p, Goomba told us...

> koko wrote:
>
>> Before the shelf.
>> http://i33.tinypic.com/358bggl.jpg
>>
>> After the shelf.
>> http://i35.tinypic.com/15kdad.jpg
>>
>> All I did is what my niece calls "shifting shit"
>> But I think it's more organized looking shit and easier to keep clean.
>> Crumb. I noticed I need to clean the danged blinds. grrrrr

> Would you like the area more if you got rid of the blinds and the
> curtains? Update it by making it siplier? I actually liked the stuff in
> your before picture rather than the after, LOL.

I hate to be a wet blanket, but I tend to agree with Goomba, in part. I
kinda like the look of the first picture better, yet I see that it would be
easier to access some of those items after you added the shelf. In any
case, I’d lose the curtains. If you’re like me, you’d be keeping the
blinds. I might replace them with 1” wood blinds stained to match the
cabinets or shelf.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Sunday, 11(XI)/09(IX)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day
1dys 3hrs 41mins
'Reality depends on the book I am
currently reading'
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 22:10:39 -0500, Goomba >
wrote:

>koko wrote:
>
>> Before the shelf.
>> http://i33.tinypic.com/358bggl.jpg
>>
>> After the shelf.
>> http://i35.tinypic.com/15kdad.jpg
>>
>> All I did is what my niece calls "shifting shit"
>> But I think it's more organized looking shit and easier to keep clean.
>> Crumb. I noticed I need to clean the danged blinds. grrrrr

>Would you like the area more if you got rid of the blinds and the
>curtains? Update it by making it siplier? I actually liked the stuff in
>your before picture rather than the after, LOL.

I would like different window treatments for sure. Don't know what I'd
do though. What are your thoughts?
I was hoping to make things easier to use and more organized.
That's almost my whole kitchen so I don't have a lot of options.
I'll welcome your input.

koko
There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 11/09

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 03:24:59 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Sun 09 Nov 2008 08:10:39p, Goomba told us...
>
>> koko wrote:
>>
>>> Before the shelf.
>>> http://i33.tinypic.com/358bggl.jpg
>>>
>>> After the shelf.
>>> http://i35.tinypic.com/15kdad.jpg
>>>
>>> All I did is what my niece calls "shifting shit"
>>> But I think it's more organized looking shit and easier to keep clean.
>>> Crumb. I noticed I need to clean the danged blinds. grrrrr

>> Would you like the area more if you got rid of the blinds and the
>> curtains? Update it by making it siplier? I actually liked the stuff in
>> your before picture rather than the after, LOL.

>I hate to be a wet blanket, but I tend to agree with Goomba, in part. I
>kinda like the look of the first picture better, yet I see that it would be
>easier to access some of those items after you added the shelf. In any
>case, I’d lose the curtains. If you’re like me, you’d be keeping the
>blinds. I might replace them with 1” wood blinds stained to match the
>cabinets or shelf.

I'd like to do away with window treatment in the kitchen entirely.
Especially the blinds, they are so close to the stove that I'm always
after them to keep them clean.
Any bright ideas?

koko
There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 11/09
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun 09 Nov 2008 09:25:45p, koko told us...

> I'd like to do away with window treatment in the kitchen entirely.
> Especially the blinds, they are so close to the stove that I'm always
> after them to keep them clean.
> Any bright ideas?
>
> koko

Depending on what degree of privacy you need in that location, you could go
without anything there. Another thought might be stained glass panels, which
would still give you light and obscure some outside looking in. I either
case, glass would be easier to clean up than blinds.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Sunday, 11(XI)/09(IX)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day
1dys 2hrs 7mins
TANSTAAFM: There Ain't No Such Thing
As A Free Mason
Posted to rec.food.cooking

koko wrote:
> On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 22:10:39 -0500, Goomba >
> wrote:
>
>> koko wrote:
>>
>>> Before the shelf.
>>> http://i33.tinypic.com/358bggl.jpg
>>>
>>> After the shelf.
>>> http://i35.tinypic.com/15kdad.jpg
>>>
>>> All I did is what my niece calls "shifting shit"
>>> But I think it's more organized looking shit and easier to keep
>>> clean. Crumb. I noticed I need to clean the danged blinds. grrrrr

>> Would you like the area more if you got rid of the blinds and the
>> curtains? Update it by making it siplier? I actually liked the stuff
>> in your before picture rather than the after, LOL.

> I would like different window treatments for sure. Don't know what I'd
> do though. What are your thoughts?
> I was hoping to make things easier to use and more organized.
> That's almost my whole kitchen so I don't have a lot of options.
> I'll welcome your input.
>
> koko

I'd kill for a kitchen window! (Back home in TN, at least. There I also
have a very small kitchen.) But I'd definitely lose the curtains. If you
aren't concerned about neighbors playing peek-a-boo you could ditch the
blinds, too. I do like the shelf. We do what we have to do to create
functional space. I'm fortunate in that there's a pass-thru bar behind my
kitchen stove that goes into the dining room. I can set my spices (on a
two-tiered lazy susan) and cannisters there.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote:
> koko wrote:
> > On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 22:10:39 -0500, Goomba >
> > wrote:

> >> Would you like the area more if you got rid of the blinds and the
> >> curtains? Update it by making it siplier? I actually liked the stuff
> >> in your before picture rather than the after, LOL.

> > I would like different window treatments for sure. Don't know what I'd
> > do though. What are your thoughts?
> > I was hoping to make things easier to use and more organized.
> > That's almost my whole kitchen so I don't have a lot of options.
> > I'll welcome your input.

> > koko

> I'd kill for a kitchen window! �(Back home in TN, at least. �There I also
> have a very small kitchen.) �But I'd definitely lose the curtains.. �If you
> aren't concerned about neighbors playing peek-a-boo you could ditch the
> blinds, too. �I do like the shelf. �We do what we have to do to create
> functional space. �I'm fortunate in that there's a pass-thru bar behind my
> kitchen stove that goes into the dining room. �I can set my spices (on a
> two-tiered lazy susan) and cannisters there.

I don't see any reason for all that clutter around a kitchen sink,
it's indicative of someone who is not mentally balanced. Clutter
means more work, keeping it arranged and having to constantly clean
all that crap. Actually clutter in a kitchen is a filthy habit...
none of those items belong there, creates a damp schmutzy environment,
poifect for roaches. People with a compulsive-obsessive need to
surround themselves with security clutter had to have experienced some
awful childhood trauma... a shrink is definitely called for here, NOT
more shelves!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:
> "jmcquown" wrote:
>> koko wrote:
>>> I would like different window treatments for sure. Don't know what
>>> I'd do though. What are your thoughts?
>>> I was hoping to make things easier to use and more organized.
>>> That's almost my whole kitchen so I don't have a lot of options.
>>> I'll welcome your input.

>>> koko

>> I'd kill for a kitchen window! �(Back home in TN, at least. �There I
>> also have a very small kitchen.) �But I'd definitely lose the
>> curtains. �If you aren't concerned about neighbors playing
>> peek-a-boo you could ditch the blinds, too. �I do like the shelf.
>> �We do what we have to do to create functional space. �I'm fortunate
>> in that there's a pass-thru bar behind my kitchen stove that goes
>> into the dining room. �I can set my spices (on a two-tiered lazy
>> susan) and cannisters there.

> I don't see any reason for all that clutter around a kitchen sink,
> it's indicative of someone who is not mentally balanced. Clutter
> means more work, keeping it arranged and having to constantly clean
> all that crap. Actually clutter in a kitchen is a filthy habit...
> none of those items belong there, creates a damp schmutzy environment,
> poifect for roaches. People with a compulsive-obsessive need to
> surround themselves with security clutter had to have experienced some
> awful childhood trauma... a shrink is definitely called for here, NOT
> more shelves!

Sheldon, you have a very spacious kitchen. Counterspace to spare. Some
people are not so fortunate. My kitchen back home is about the side of a
decent sized office cubicle. If I didn't have the pass-through bar over the
stove for my herbs/spices and stuff I'd be in trouble. And I don't have a
gazillion cooking gadgets taking up counterspace like some people do. I
still don't have much room for prep work. I'm not going to knock koko for
wanting a place to put things. If it makes her life easier, so be it. I'd
definitely lose the curtains and blinds, though.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> On Sun 09 Nov 2008 09:25:45p, koko told us...
>
> > I'd like to do away with window treatment in the kitchen entirely.
> > Especially the blinds, they are so close to the stove that I'm always
> > after them to keep them clean.
> > Any bright ideas?
> >
> > koko

> Depending on what degree of privacy you need in that location, you could go
> without anything there. Another thought might be stained glass panels, which
> would still give you light and obscure some outside looking in. I either
> case, glass would be easier to clean up than blinds.

If you're looking for real fast and easy view obscuring while still
letting light in and not giving odd colors like stained glass, Krylon
makes a spray can glass frost coating intended for stuff like bathroom
windows what works nicely for like $5.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 9, 12:34*pm, koko > wrote:
> I know. It doesn't take much to make me happy. ;-)
> The area behind my kitchen sink has always driven me crazy. It's a
> large area and is useful, but it's hard to keep organized. Until Now
> Yippiee!!!
>
> This is the picture of the shelf on the box. NOT_my_kitchen, by a long
> shot. But that is my sink under the box.http://i35.tinypic.com/2lizp5f.jpg
>
> Before the shelf.http://i33.tinypic.com/358bggl.jpg
>
> After the shelf.http://i35.tinypic.com/15kdad.jpg
>
> All I did is what my niece calls "shifting shit"
> But I think it's more organized looking shit and easier to keep clean.
> Crumb. I noticed I need to clean the danged blinds. grrrrr
>
> koko
> There is no love more sincere than the love of food
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *George Bernard Shawwww.kokoscorner.typepad.com
> updated 11/09

If you like it, that's what matters. ;-)

I, myself, hate counter clutter and wouldn't ever store anything like
what you have that close to the sink. I have a stand-up paper towel
holder and a small container of hand lotion. I also have a tiny
stainless-steel cup/bowl (I think it's a mise en place container) that
holds a steel wool pad. That's it. Everything else is put away, out
of sight.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 11:58:13 -0500, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>> surround themselves with security clutter had to have experienced some
>> awful childhood trauma... a shrink is definitely called for here, NOT
>> more shelves!

There are some great meds on the market now. Clutter and buying
"stuff" is a great burden to deal with. My mother's attic was
stuffed with "gifts" she had bought going back to the seventies. When
asking her, she said she couldn't remember why or for who she bought
"gift" for.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 11:37:47 -0600, "Pete C." >
wrote:

>> Depending on what degree of privacy you need in that location, you could go
>> without anything there.

It is obvious it is a mobile home and probably parked in a
"community". They need privacy...or I should hope they might need
privacy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 10, 11:58�am, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> Sheldon wrote:

> >> I'd kill for a kitchen window! (Back home in TN, at least. There I
> >> also have a very small kitchen.) But I'd definitely lose the
> >> curtains. If you aren't concerned about neighbors playing
> >> peek-a-boo you could ditch the blinds, too. I do like the shelf.
> >> We do what we have to do to create functional space. I'm fortunate
> >> in that there's a pass-thru bar behind my kitchen stove that goes
> >> into the dining room. I can set my spices (on a two-tiered lazy
> >> susan) and cannisters there.

> > I don't see any reason for all that clutter around a kitchen sink,
> > it's indicative of someone who is not mentally balanced. �Clutter
> > means more work, keeping it arranged and having to constantly clean
> > all that crap. �Actually clutter in a kitchen is a filthy habit....
> > none of those items belong there, creates a damp schmutzy environment,
> > poifect for roaches. �People with a compulsive-obsessive need to
> > surround themselves with security clutter had to have experienced some
> > awful childhood trauma... a shrink is definitely called for here, NOT
> > more shelves!

> Sheldon, you have a very spacious kitchen. �

I don't have a very spacious kitchen, I'd say it's average.

> Counterspace to spare. �

I have counterspace to spare because I don't clutter it up with
dreck. There's no reason for all those little jars, that are
obviously filled with things that may only get used very occasionally,
if ever. Those are all things that belong in a carton and set out of
the way, like under a bed.... any that don't get used within the year
need to be dumped in the trash, unopened.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mr. Bill" wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 11:37:47 -0600, "Pete C." >
> wrote:
>
> >> Depending on what degree of privacy you need in that location, you could go
> >> without anything there.

> It is obvious it is a mobile home and probably parked in a
> "community". They need privacy...or I should hope they might need
> privacy.

You might try replying to the correct post.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote

> I'd kill for a kitchen window! (Back home in TN, at least. There I also
> have a very small kitchen.) But I'd definitely lose the curtains. If you
> aren't concerned about neighbors playing peek-a-boo you could ditch the
> blinds, too. I do like the shelf. We do what we have to do to create
> functional space. I'm fortunate in that there's a pass-thru bar behind my
> kitchen stove that goes into the dining room. I can set my spices (on a
> two-tiered lazy susan) and cannisters there.

I too have an odd kitchen design. For it's time, it would have been 'wow,
look at all that counterspace' (1963). It's also large enough for a kitchen
table in there easily.

It's problem is one wall is mostly open to the living room (small 5 foot
section is walled and 2 ft of that just open to the built in bar in the
corner of the livingroom about 3.5ft up). The corner of that section is a
door that leads to the garage (code requires this be maintained here so cant
knock out the door as there is no other place to put one than along that
kitchen wall).

So you get that wall ajoining the garage with about 9feet and a sink in it
taking up 2ft. The next stretch of wall leads to the fully screened patio
(43 feet long, 12 deep). Against this is the dtove then a 6ft patio sliding
glass door that goes out to the patio. Code requires this door though it
could be taken out and a regular door put in, which would grant me 3ft that
could be used.... but cost me the only 'window' type structure in there.
The only other wall is where the fridge is and a rather nice pantry closet.
There is space here to extend cabinets but no water and would have to add
electric. Currently it holds a china cabinet, and a clothes wardrobe with
those hanging closet 'sweater keepers' (filled with pots, pans, and
plastics).

Like Koko, there is a hard to use space at the corner between sink and
stove. (No windows as one wall is garage and the other is the laundry room
off the garage and flush to the screened porch).

The only real counterspace is between the sink, and the garage door. It
holds a small microwave, and a breadmaker. This leaves about 12 inches in
front of them for chopping and such ;-) and a grunch of center floor space
that we like open as it is.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon" wrote
"jmcquown" wrote:

> I don't see any reason for all that clutter around a kitchen sink,
> it's indicative of someone who is not mentally balanced.

No, it's indicative of a small kitchen with minimal counterspace.

> Clutter means more work, keeping it arranged and having to constantly
> clean
> all that crap.

It's the difference in having fancy spices, or a minimal stock. I noted
with the exception of a winter squash, it was all sealed jars.

> Actually clutter in a kitchen is a filthy habit...

The world according to Sheldon?

> none of those items belong there, creates a damp schmutzy environment,
> poifect for roaches. People with a compulsive-obsessive need to
> surround themselves with security clutter had to have experienced some
> awful childhood trauma... a shrink is definitely called for here, NOT
> more shelves!

The only one with problems here is you Sheldon. OCD extremeo at times.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon 10 Nov 2008 02:49:27p, cshenk told us...

> "Sheldon" wrote
> "jmcquown" wrote:
>
>> I don't see any reason for all that clutter around a kitchen sink,
>> it's indicative of someone who is not mentally balanced.

> No, it's indicative of a small kitchen with minimal counterspace.
>
>> Clutter means more work, keeping it arranged and having to constantly
>> clean
>> all that crap.

> It's the difference in having fancy spices, or a minimal stock. I noted
> with the exception of a winter squash, it was all sealed jars.
>
>> Actually clutter in a kitchen is a filthy habit...

> The world according to Sheldon?
>
>> none of those items belong there, creates a damp schmutzy environment,
>> poifect for roaches. People with a compulsive-obsessive need to
>> surround themselves with security clutter had to have experienced some
>> awful childhood trauma... a shrink is definitely called for here, NOT
>> more shelves!

> The only one with problems here is you Sheldon. OCD extremeo at times.

Completely insane at other times.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Monday, 11(XI)/10(X)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day
9hrs 2mins
One day I shall burst my bud of calm
and blossom forth into hysteria.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 10, 4:49�pm, "cshenk" > wrote:
> "Sheldon" wrote
>
> "jmcquown" wrote:
> > I don't see any reason for all that clutter around a kitchen sink,
> > it's indicative of someone who is not mentally balanced.

> No, it's indicative of a small kitchen with minimal counterspace.
>
> > Clutter means more work, keeping it arranged and having to constantly
> > clean
> > all that crap.

> It's the difference in having fancy spices, or a minimal stock. �I noted
> with the exception of a winter squash, it was all sealed jars.
>
> > �Actually clutter in a kitchen is a filthy habit...

> The world according to Sheldon?
>
> > none of those items belong there, creates a damp schmutzy environment,
> > poifect for roaches. �People with a compulsive-obsessive need to
> > surround themselves with security clutter had to have experienced some
> > awful childhood trauma... a shrink is definitely called for here, NOT
> > more shelves!

> The only one with problems here is you Sheldon. �OCD extremeo at times.

Who care what's in them... all the surface of all those containers
collect schmutz... you're obviously a filth monger too so you wouldn't
notice.

Those containers belong in a cupboard, if no cupboard space in a
carton and placed out of the way... therr is absolutely no excuse for
all that trash at the kitchen sink.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 15:18:42 -0800 (PST), Sheldon >
wrote:

>Those containers belong in a cupboard, if no cupboard space in a
>carton and placed out of the way... therr is absolutely no excuse for
>all that trash at the kitchen sink.

Our last kitchen was pretty small. It was fine for Louise before I
came around but there was just too much clutter for my taste. I
started using a couple of storage tubs for that kind of stuff. The
only thing on our counters now are a coffee maker near the sink and
canisters on another counter. The cottage has a few more things out
but it's a much bigger kitchen.

Lou <------hates clutter
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 10, 4:36�pm, "cshenk" > wrote:
> "jmcquown" wrote
>
> > I'd kill for a kitchen window! �(Back home in TN, at least. �There I also
> > have a very small kitchen.) �But I'd definitely lose the curtains. �If you
> > aren't concerned about neighbors playing peek-a-boo you could ditch the
> > blinds, too. �I do like the shelf. �We do what we have to do to create
> > functional space. �I'm fortunate in that there's a pass-thru bar behind my
> > kitchen stove that goes into the dining room. �I can set my spices (on a
> > two-tiered lazy susan) and cannisters there.

> I too have an odd kitchen design. �
> The only real counterspace is between the sink, and the garage door. It
> holds a small microwave, and a breadmaker. This leaves about 12 inches in
> front of them for chopping and such ;-) and a grunch of center floor space
> that we like open as it is.
> It's also large enough for a kitchen
> table in there easily.

Not having a work table is a choice you made.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 16:49:27 -0500, cshenk wrote:

> "Sheldon" wrote
> "jmcquown" wrote:
>
>> I don't see any reason for all that clutter around a kitchen sink,
>> it's indicative of someone who is not mentally balanced.

> No, it's indicative of a small kitchen with minimal counterspace.
>
>> Clutter means more work, keeping it arranged and having to constantly
>> clean
>> all that crap.

> It's the difference in having fancy spices, or a minimal stock. I noted
> with the exception of a winter squash, it was all sealed jars.
>
>> Actually clutter in a kitchen is a filthy habit...

> The world according to Sheldon?
>
>> none of those items belong there, creates a damp schmutzy environment,
>> poifect for roaches. People with a compulsive-obsessive need to
>> surround themselves with security clutter had to have experienced some
>> awful childhood trauma... a shrink is definitely called for here, NOT
>> more shelves!

> The only one with problems here is you Sheldon. OCD extremeo at times.

o.c.d. doesn't begin to cover it.

your pal,
blake