Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.ozdebate

Default take the meds Pete!

We can all hope like hell....... and it's not going to make a bloody
ounce of
difference:-(

As long as there are ex-veterans, and there is a VA (or in my case a
DVA),
the *******s are going to try and screw us for every friggin little
thing
they can.

The bloody organisations are all run by frikkin Public Servants,
99.999% of
which have never served a frikken day in uniform!!
You'd think that the money/care they have to authorise is coming out
of their
own frigin pockets!!

Buncha friggin *******s.

I've been arrested, incarcerated, humiliated, ostracized, degraded
and
basically treated like a piece of shit by the DVA for the past 15
years
because I had the audacity to survive an almost fatal accident
(whilst
training).

My strategy? I'm going to live to be 105 and I'm going to fight those
*******s every time I talk to them, and every step of the way. I'm
going to
make them pay thru' the friggin nose every time I get something
authorised.
I do win...... it just takes time....... it is draining, but by phuck,
their
body count is rising while I'm still here fighting away :-)

(Most of my case 'officers' have taken stress leave or early
retirement ;-)

I hound the *******s every chance I get. Because in the long
run....... it's
not just about me.. it's about all the other poor *******s (here in
Oz) that
will just sit at home and do nothing while they get screwed by this
bunch.

The only adviice I can give all you people dealing with the VA over
there........ treat it like another war, and they are the enemy.....
because
it is, and they are.

Peter Lucas There is a thin line between insanity
Brisbane and all other forms of life.
Australia I am slowly removing this line because
I feel that everyone would be better off crazy.

I know a woman who *has* to take some meds. She dosn't have PTSD,
although
her husband does (British Para: Falklands, Nth Ireland vet). She needs
take them because she has a chemical imbalance in her brain. She is
lacking
in a certain chemical and that causes her to get into deep depression
and
become suicidal. She takes her meds and she feels fine to the point of
her
saying, "I'm all better now, so I can stop taking them". She still
doesn't
realise that she will have to take then for the rest of her life
because it's
a physiological thing, not a psychological thing.

I did take some meds early on in the peice when I didn't know I had
PTSD.
They just treated it as depression and sent me to anger management
classes
(yeah right!! *They* were a great help...... NOT!!)

I've been living with this now (apparently) since I was about 10yo.
Over the
years, it progressed. When I was diagnosed I told myself I was going
to fight
it and lead a 'normal' life with out being stoned to the gills every
day on
meds.... which is what the shrinks wanted me to do.

I've found over the past 12 or so years that I *can* deal with it
without
meds. I still have all the symptoms, but I think I have the innate
ability to
be able to do something, or see something, or feel something...... and
have
the PTSD 'feelings' for a couple of minutes, but then my brain shuts
it down,
and shuts it out.

But that's just me.