Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Spain ... on the Road Again

My PBS station is running a new show, which has Mario Batali, Mark
Bittman, Gwyneth Paltrow, and some Spanish actress. They travel around
Spain, eating and (sometimes cooking). It's vaguely surreal.

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default User wrote:
> My PBS station is running a new show, which has Mario Batali, Mark
> Bittman, Gwyneth Paltrow, and some Spanish actress. They travel around
> Spain, eating and (sometimes cooking). It's vaguely surreal.
>

> Brian

And for further details:

http://www.spainontheroadagain.com/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

It looked like they faked the cooking of migas on the portable gas
cooker. And it is quite appalling that these folks appear to be true
nitwits. The young Spanish woman is the least appalling, btw.

T.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> My PBS station is running a new show, which has Mario Batali, Mark
> Bittman, Gwyneth Paltrow, and some Spanish actress. They travel around
> Spain, eating and (sometimes cooking). It's vaguely surreal.

I looked for the show and caught some of it one day. Mario and
some woman were irritating some man by insisting he translate
Italian words. It was annoying enough that I haven't looked for
the show again.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 8, 5:47*pm, "Default User" > wrote:
> My PBS station is running a new show, which has Mario Batali, Mark
> Bittman, Gwyneth Paltrow, and some Spanish actress. They travel around
> Spain, eating and (sometimes cooking). It's vaguely surreal.
>
> Brian
>
> --
> If televison's a babysitter, the Internet is a drunk librarian who
> won't shut up.
> -- Dorothy Gambrell (http://catandgirl.com)

Mario's been talking about this series for a while. He went to high
school in Spain.

I thought it was headed for the Travel Channel, though.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael "Dog3" wrote:

> "Default User" > news:6l4rkpFakdibU1
> @mid.individual.net: in rec.food.cooking
>

> > My PBS station is running a new show, which has Mario Batali, Mark
> > Bittman, Gwyneth Paltrow, and some Spanish actress. They travel
> > around Spain, eating and (sometimes cooking). It's vaguely surreal.

> I haven't seen it yet. Will you watch it again?

Maybe. It's on before noon on Saturday, so that's . . . problematic. I
also notice that they've changed America's Test Kitchen into Cook's
Country Kitchen. Same basic show with a different set.

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Maybe. It's on before noon on Saturday, so that's . . . problematic. I
> also notice that they've changed America's Test Kitchen into Cook's
> Country Kitchen. Same basic show with a different set.

They have both shows. I get both magazines, too.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> Default User wrote:
>
> > Maybe. It's on before noon on Saturday, so that's . . .
> > problematic. I also notice that they've changed America's Test
> > Kitchen into Cook's Country Kitchen. Same basic show with a
> > different set.

> They have both shows. I get both magazines, too.

They finished showing all the 2008 episodes of ATK some time back. Any
you see now are repeats. I don't know what the future plans are.

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> Default User wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe. It's on before noon on Saturday, so that's . . .
>>> problematic. I also notice that they've changed America's Test
>>> Kitchen into Cook's Country Kitchen. Same basic show with a
>>> different set.

>> They have both shows. I get both magazines, too.

> They finished showing all the 2008 episodes of ATK some time back. Any
> you see now are repeats. I don't know what the future plans are.

I see you can pre-order the 2009 TV companion cookbook,
for what it's worth.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> Default User wrote:
> > Nancy Young wrote:

> > > They have both shows. I get both magazines, too.

> > They finished showing all the 2008 episodes of ATK some time back.
> > Any you see now are repeats. I don't know what the future plans are.

> I see you can pre-order the 2009 TV companion cookbook, for what it's
> worth.

Sounds like new ones on the way then. CCK seems to be additional
episodes that our local PBS station decided to run in place of reruns.

Brian

won't shut up.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Nancy Young wrote:

(bad snipping)

>>> They finished showing all the 2008 episodes of ATK some time back.
>>> Any you see now are repeats. I don't know what the future plans are.

>> I see you can pre-order the 2009 TV companion cookbook, for what it's
>> worth.

> Sounds like new ones on the way then. CCK seems to be additional
> episodes that our local PBS station decided to run in place of reruns.

I missed most of the 2008 season, I have a heck of a time
pinning down when the show is on. Two PBS stations, and I
can't find the show reliably on either one.

nancy

Greetings from Spain pamspies About FoodBanter.com 1 26-06-2011 09:51 AM
TN: SOBER goes to Spain DaleW Wine 8 22-03-2007 05:32 PM
Marbella Spain sf General Cooking 0 25-11-2006 01:42 AM
TN: Loire, CA, Spain on the 4th & and 3rd) DaleW Wine 2 05-07-2006 09:45 PM
beer in spain Warren Place Beer 6 19-11-2003 07:53 PM