Warren Place

Default beer in spain

I've heard that beer in Spain largely sucks by American domestic
specialty standards (compared to SNPA, Widmere, or Victory). Are there
any bars serving a good cervesa?

Warren Place

Douglas W. Hoyt

specialty standards (compared to SNPA, Widmere, or Victory). Are there any
bars serving a good cervesa?

There are some "Irish pubs" :<

Joris Pattyn

"Douglas W. Hoyt" > schreef in bericht

> specialty standards (compared to SNPA, Widmere, or Victory). Are there

any
> bars serving a good cervesa?
>
> There are some "Irish pubs" :<

Depending on the area you're in - Belgian beer is growing in Spain. Of
course, most are the big 2 imports, especially Alken-Maes (ScotCourage).
Cheers, Joris

Joris Pattyn

"Douglas W. Hoyt" > schreef in bericht

> specialty standards (compared to SNPA, Widmere, or Victory). Are there

any
> bars serving a good cervesa?
>
> There are some "Irish pubs" :<

Depending on the area you're in - Belgian beer is growing in Spain. Of
course, most are the big 2 imports, especially Alken-Maes (ScotCourage).
Cheers, Joris

The Submarine Captain

Joris Pattyn wrote:

>"Douglas W. Hoyt" > schreef in bericht

>>specialty standards (compared to SNPA, Widmere, or Victory). Are there
>>

>any
>
>>bars serving a good cervesa?
>>
>>There are some "Irish pubs" :<
>>

>Depending on the area you're in - Belgian beer is growing in Spain. Of
>course, most are the big 2 imports, especially Alken-Maes (ScotCourage).

Yup, besides, you're likely to find quite a lot of German Weizenbiers in
some areas...

--
Warning : you may encounter French language beyond this point.

Chien, cette nuit je fis un splendide cauchemar : c'était une rue, et chacun de ses deux trottoirs avait un potentiel énergétique différent !! et dix harengs !
(F'murrr)

Laurent Mousson, Berne, Switzerland

Douglas W. Hoyt

course, most are the big 2 imports, especially Alken-Maes (ScotCourage).
Cheers, Joris

Speaking of which, the giant supermarkets (mostly near superhighways) often
have a good selection of beers, often including Belgians (Orval was about $2
a bottle there and here in the States it is $5!).

Per Samuelsson

In Madrid there are two brewpubs: Naturbier and Magister Fabrica de
Cervezas, both located at Plaza de Santa Ana and serving a small range of
decent lagers.
The pub Oldenburg at C/ Alburquerque has aan excellent selection of mainly
Belgian, German and British beers. Also elsewhere in Spain there are quite a
few good Belgian beer bars, but not much decent domestic beers.

Cheers / Per
http://ohhh.myhead.org/