Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cheddar-Parmesan Cobwebs

Cheddar-Parmesan Cobwebs
http://bakedchicago.typepad.com

1/2 cup grated yellow cheddar
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon paprika
kosher salt and ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 375F degrees. In medium bowl, toss cheeses with
flour, paprika, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Drop by
tablespoons onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Flatten into 3-inch
rounds.

Bake until golden and bubbling, 10 to 12 minutes. With a thin metal
spatula, transfer crisps to a serving plate to cool. Store in
airtight container between layers of parchment up to 3 days.

Check out Baked Chicago's improved look and functionality -- and tell
us what you think of the new format! http://bakedchicago.typepad.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

WindyCityPrince said...

WCP,

Aren't you popular over at r.f.r?

We don't subscribe to recipes unless called upon. Don't post them here.
Especially without peer review, your recipes could suck!

Join www.allrecipes.com and enter them there. A typo can ruin a recipe and
without feedback it becomes a "virus" recipe, imho.

Cut it out, OK?!?

Andy's Evil Twin
Posted to rec.food.cooking

WindyCityPrince wrote:

> Cheddar-Parmesan Cobwebs
>
> 1/2 cup grated yellow cheddar
> 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
> 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
> 1/4 teaspoon paprika
> kosher salt and ground black pepper
>
> Preheat oven to 375F degrees. In medium bowl, toss cheeses with
> flour, paprika, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Drop by
> tablespoons onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Flatten into 3-inch
> rounds.
>
> Bake until golden and bubbling, 10 to 12 minutes. With a thin metal
> spatula, transfer crisps to a serving plate to cool. Store in
> airtight container between layers of parchment up to 3 days.

Sounds pretty good to me. I would substitute cayenne pepper for the
paprika though.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba wrote:
> WindyCityPrince wrote:
>
>> Cheddar-Parmesan Cobwebs
>>
>> 1/2 cup grated yellow cheddar
>> 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
>> 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
>> 1/4 teaspoon paprika
>> kosher salt and ground black pepper
>>
>> Preheat oven to 375F degrees. In medium bowl, toss cheeses with
>> flour, paprika, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Drop by
>> tablespoons onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Flatten into 3-inch
>> rounds.
>>
>> Bake until golden and bubbling, 10 to 12 minutes. With a thin metal
>> spatula, transfer crisps to a serving plate to cool. Store in
>> airtight container between layers of parchment up to 3 days.

> Sounds pretty good to me. I would substitute cayenne pepper for the
> paprika though.

Yep, that would make it more (kinda sorta) like cheese straws which have a
little bit of cayenne for some kick to them

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> WindyCityPrince said...
>
> WCP,
>
> Aren't you popular over at r.f.r?
>
> We don't subscribe to recipes unless called upon. Don't post them here.
> Especially without peer review, your recipes could suck!
>
> Join www.allrecipes.com and enter them there. A typo can ruin a recipe and
> without feedback it becomes a "virus" recipe, imho.
>
> Cut it out, OK?!?
>
> Andy's Evil Twin

Oh come on. You are making up a rule that doesn't exist.

--
Jean B.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> without feedback it becomes a "virus" recipe, imho.
>
> Cut it out, OK?!?
>
> Andy's Evil Twin

Andy's twin, get lost.

I know from the recipes I've tried from Baked Chicago so far, that
they are really good.

FYI, cheese tricks: you can also take slices of cheese and using
cookie cutters (if you want), cut shapes out of them, and then
sprinkle them with paprika and put them on a bake sheet and bake them
at 375 for about 8-10 minutes. Where the paprika is, they melt, so
you have holey crisps.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 7 Oct 2008 11:20:30 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> wrote:

>I know from the recipes I've tried from Baked Chicago so far, that
>they are really good.

Glad to hear you've made some of the recipes! What I saw looked
really good to me.

Mae West