Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Article on chinese buffets

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...-buffets_N.htm
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Scott wrote on Thu, 02 Oct 2008 09:52:23 -0500:

> http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...-buffets_N.htm

Probably true but I quote:
"Customers who are not heavy are more likely to browse the buffet before
serving themselves, use chopsticks instead of forks and sit with their
backs to the food, a study by Cornell University's Food and Brand Lab
shows."

If I sat with my back to my food and tried to use chopsticks, I'd starve
quickly!
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 14:57:26 GMT, James Silverton wrote:

> Scott wrote on Thu, 02 Oct 2008 09:52:23 -0500:
>
>> http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...-buffets_N.htm

> Probably true but I quote:
> "Customers who are not heavy are more likely to browse the buffet before
> serving themselves, use chopsticks instead of forks and sit with their
> backs to the food, a study by Cornell University's Food and Brand Lab
> shows."
>
> If I sat with my back to my food and tried to use chopsticks, I'd starve
> quickly!

that's how you know you're *really* good. the behind-the-back taco has
been accomplished by only a few kung fu masters.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

James Silverton wrote:
> Scott wrote on Thu, 02 Oct 2008 09:52:23 -0500:
>
>> http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...-buffets_N.htm
>>

> Probably true but I quote:
> "Customers who are not heavy are more likely to browse the buffet before
> serving themselves, use chopsticks instead of forks and sit with their
> backs to the food, a study by Cornell University's Food and Brand Lab
> shows."
>
> If I sat with my back to my food and tried to use chopsticks, I'd starve
> quickly!

I can't believe they actually counted how many times they chew their food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Scott wrote:
> http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...-buffets_N.htm

The moral of the survey: Overweight people are more decisive and efficient.

The survey didn't even measure the kinds or the quantities of food eaten
by each group. Duh.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:

> the behind-the-back taco

Kindly stop sliming up the place with descriptions of cybercat's
reproductive organs and wierd sexual postions...

--
Best
Greg

" I find Greg Morrow lowbrow, witless, and obnoxious. For him to claim that
we are some
kind of comedy team turns my stomach."
- "cybercat" to me on rec.food.cooking

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Scott wrote:

> I can't believe they actually counted how many times they chew their
> food.

That one surprised me, too, Scott. Counting chews?

Granted, if I go to a Chinese buffet I *do* use chopsticks, but I usually
only get one plate of food and it's a stir-fry bowl. (Most of the time, I
don't even finish it.)

kili