Posted to alt.binaries.food,rec.food.cooking

Default Where the abalone, and crayfish hang out

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=scb0ud&s=4

We did a boat tour down the south eastern coast of Tassie........ beautiful
clear blue water, towering cliffs, and lots of sea life.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

If we are not meant to eat animals,
why are they made of meat?
Posted to alt.binaries.food,rec.food.cooking

PeterLucas wrote:
> http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=scb0ud&s=4
>
> We did a boat tour down the south eastern coast of Tassie........
> beautiful clear blue water, towering cliffs, and lots of sea life.

Wow, that's pretty cool. I wonder how many people got slammed into that
rock in inclement conditions? I mean, that's a solid, tall rock! It
doesn't look very forgiving.

kili

Posted to alt.binaries.food,rec.food.cooking

PeterLucas wrote:
> http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=scb0ud&s=4
>
> We did a boat tour down the south eastern coast of Tassie........ beautiful
> clear blue water, towering cliffs, and lots of sea life.

Beautiful area!

--
Oncler....
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 05:42:34 -0400, "kilikini"
> wrote:

>PeterLucas wrote:
>> http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=scb0ud&s=4
>>
>> We did a boat tour down the south eastern coast of Tassie........
>> beautiful clear blue water, towering cliffs, and lots of sea life.

>Wow, that's pretty cool. I wonder how many people got slammed into that
>rock in inclement conditions? I mean, that's a solid, tall rock! It
>doesn't look very forgiving.

According to Michael Pollan more people die from the rocks, sharks and
hypothermia than in all other hunting accidents.

Lou
Posted to alt.binaries.food,rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" > wrote in news:48d4c57e$0$26760
:

> PeterLucas wrote:
>> http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=scb0ud&s=4
>>
>> We did a boat tour down the south eastern coast of Tassie........
>> beautiful clear blue water, towering cliffs, and lots of sea life.

> Wow, that's pretty cool. I wonder how many people got slammed into

that
> rock in inclement conditions? I mean, that's a solid, tall rock! It
> doesn't look very forgiving.
>
> kili

The dude that was driving the boat has been doing it for quite a few
years, and they haven't killed anyone.......... yet :-)

Here they are.......

http://www.tasmancruises.com.au/

Some good pics on there too. Gives you an insight to how big those rocks
are :-)

We did the 3 hour eco tour.

http://www.tasmancruises.com.au/tours_cruise.php

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

If we are not meant to eat animals,
why are they made of meat?

Posted to alt.binaries.food,rec.food.cooking

Oncler > wrote in
:

> PeterLucas wrote:
>> http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=scb0ud&s=4
>>
>> We did a boat tour down the south eastern coast of Tassie........
>> beautiful clear blue water, towering cliffs, and lots of sea life.
>>

> Beautiful area!

It is. And the land on that peninsular is particularly good. I now have
another area to look at when we settle down there.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

If we are not meant to eat animals,
why are they made of meat?
Posted to alt.binaries.food,rec.food.cooking

kilikini wrote:
> PeterLucas wrote:
>> http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=scb0ud&s=4
>>
>> We did a boat tour down the south eastern coast of Tassie........
>> beautiful clear blue water, towering cliffs, and lots of sea life.

> Wow, that's pretty cool. I wonder how many people got slammed into that
> rock in inclement conditions? I mean, that's a solid, tall rock! It
> doesn't look very forgiving.

What impressed me about the cliffs is wondering when the next towering
column of (basalt?) is going to break off and come down!

Great photos, though!

Dave
Posted to alt.binaries.food,rec.food.cooking

Dave Bell > wrote in
:

> kilikini wrote:
>> PeterLucas wrote:
>>> http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=scb0ud&s=4
>>>
>>> We did a boat tour down the south eastern coast of Tassie........
>>> beautiful clear blue water, towering cliffs, and lots of sea life.

>> Wow, that's pretty cool. I wonder how many people got slammed into
>> that rock in inclement conditions? I mean, that's a solid, tall
>> rock! It doesn't look very forgiving.

> What impressed me about the cliffs is wondering when the next towering
> column of (basalt?) is going to break off and come down!

LOL!! When we were nudging into the sea caves, we were thinking the same
thing :-)

Especially when the guide was pointing out the 'fault line' in an
overhead "bridge" and telling us that was were the final collapse
started before it all falls into the sea!!

We were all sitting there thinking "OK, just back the boat up a bit
buddy!!"

That vid is up next.

> Great photos, though!

Thanks...... you can't go wrong on that coastline :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

If we are not meant to eat animals,
why are they made of meat?
Posted to alt.binaries.food,rec.food.cooking

In article >,
PeterLucas > wrote:

> http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=scb0ud&s=4
>
> We did a boat tour down the south eastern coast of Tassie........ beautiful
> clear blue water, towering cliffs, and lots of sea life.

Fascinating cliffs. :-)
Reminds me of an old childhood favorite "The Island Stallion".
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet > wrote in
news
> In article >,
> PeterLucas > wrote:
>
>> http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=scb0ud&s=4
>>
>> We did a boat tour down the south eastern coast of Tassie........
>> beautiful clear blue water, towering cliffs, and lots of sea life.

> Fascinating cliffs. :-)
> Reminds me of an old childhood favorite "The Island Stallion".

More cliffs coming up.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

If we are not meant to eat animals,
why are they made of meat?

Posted to alt.binaries.food,rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 07:01:30 +0000, PeterLucas wrote:

> http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=scb0ud&s=4
>
> We did a boat tour down the south eastern coast of Tassie........ beautiful
> clear blue water, towering cliffs, and lots of sea life.

Looks great, Peter. Wondered where you were...
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy > wrote in
:

> On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 07:01:30 +0000, PeterLucas wrote:
>
>> http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=scb0ud&s=4
>>
>> We did a boat tour down the south eastern coast of Tassie........
>> beautiful clear blue water, towering cliffs, and lots of sea life.

> Looks great, Peter. Wondered where you were...

That it was........ I miss it.

Here's the other videos from that area........ still have to upload the
Port Arthur stuff yet.

http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/a...smania%202008/

Listen to the commentary of the dude telling us about the crack up above
our heads on the 'bridge', and that's how the thing comes tumbling
down!!

But... we're off to Malaysia in just over a weeks time..... that'll take
my mind off Tassie :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

If we are not meant to eat animals,
why are they made of meat?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy > wrote in
:

> On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 07:01:30 +0000, PeterLucas wrote:
>
>> http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=scb0ud&s=4
>>
>> We did a boat tour down the south eastern coast of Tassie........
>> beautiful clear blue water, towering cliffs, and lots of sea life.

> Looks great, Peter. Wondered where you were...

Sorry Cathy........ had a dislexic moment with your last comment.
I read it as "wonderful where you were"!!

We got back from Tassie and caught some mutant flu strain that turned into
secondary bacterial pnuemonia for both of us.

All attributed to those bible bashing *******s of "Pilgrims" that invaded
Australia just recently :-/

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

If we are not meant to eat animals,
why are they made of meat?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

PeterLucas wrote on Sun, 21 Sep 2008 13:25:13 +0000 (UTC):

>> On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 07:01:30 +0000, PeterLucas wrote:
>>
>>> http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=scb0ud&s=4
>>>
>>> We did a boat tour down the south eastern coast of
>>> Tassie........ beautiful clear blue water, towering cliffs,
>>> and lots of sea life.

>> Looks great, Peter. Wondered where you were...

> Sorry Cathy........ had a dislexic moment with your last
> comment. I read it as "wonderful where you were"!!

> We got back from Tassie and caught some mutant flu strain that
> turned into secondary bacterial pnuemonia for both of us.

> All attributed to those bible bashing *******s of "Pilgrims"
> that invaded Australia just recently :-/

Just for information so I can avoid them, who are the "Pilgrims"?

You Ozzies do love diminuitives don't you: Tassie, Barbie, Footie etc?
:-)

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"James Silverton" > wrote in
:

LOL!! Yeah, but those bloody 'pilgrims' are just that........ *******s!!

Subject: OT: I hate the 'Pilgrims'.
Newsgroups:alt.binaries.food
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 16:37:23 +1000

Bloody bible bashing god botherers........ the *******s should all stay
in their own frikken country :-/

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...40-421,00.html

We got back from Tassie to be hit with a particularly nasty flu, which
turned into secondary bacterial pneumonia.

The SO had to have over a week off work, and neither of us are back to
100% at the moment.

I *never* get sick, and this thing knocked me about something shocking.
It would have killed any ordinary human :-)

But now that I can sit here for more than 5mins without feeling like I'm
going to keel over....... I'll start posting the pics from our trip to
Tassie.

Lots of good food, and some pretty shitty stuff as well.

Beware of those damn 'pilgrims'.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

If we are not meant to eat animals,
why are they made of meat?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 13:25:13 +0000, PeterLucas wrote:

> Sorry Cathy........ had a dislexic moment with your last comment.
> I read it as "wonderful where you were"!!
>
> We got back from Tassie and caught some mutant flu strain that turned into
> secondary bacterial pnuemonia for both of us.

Sorry to hear that. Our whole family has had a touch of 'flu (in fact, I
still feel a bit rotten) but nothing that bad.

Enjoy the upcoming trip to Malaysia.
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy > wrote in
:

> On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 13:25:13 +0000, PeterLucas wrote:
>

>> Sorry Cathy........ had a dislexic moment with your last comment.
>> I read it as "wonderful where you were"!!
>>
>> We got back from Tassie and caught some mutant flu strain that turned
>> into secondary bacterial pnuemonia for both of us.

> Sorry to hear that. Our whole family has had a touch of 'flu (in fact,
> I still feel a bit rotten) but nothing that bad.

It reminds me of the old joke.

Q. What's the worst thing about getting a lung transplant?

A. You have to cough up someone elses phlegm.

> Enjoy the upcoming trip to Malaysia.

Thanks, we will :-)

We're staying right around the corner from Jalan Alor and Jalan Bukit
Bintang.

Wall to wall food and shopping at our doorstep :-)

This trip is a 'scouting party' for our extended stay in April next
year.

Smoked Abalone Mort Barbecue 37 20-04-2010 05:52 PM
Source for Chilean Abalone Concholepas W General Cooking 3 02-06-2009 05:10 AM
Abalone questions merryb General Cooking 23 08-02-2007 06:52 AM