Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default IS THIS POSSIBLE TO MAKE FALAFEL FORM SCRATCH W/O FRYING?

Any one is easy recipe?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

amandaF > fnord news:b8c81431-4c28-4a0e-ba63-
:

> Any one is easy recipe?

I suppose one could make felafel by baking it, but I don't think I would
want to eat it

--
Saerah

"Welcome to Usenet, Biatch! Adapt or haul ass!"
- some hillbilly from FL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Would it be that different than making oven fried chicken?

Libby

Posted to rec.food.cooking

amandaF wrote:
> Any one is easy recipe?

I have no idea what you're asking about. And why are you shouting?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"amandaF" > wrote in message
> Any one is easy recipe?

What is this scratchy felafel form of which you speak?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

amandaF > wrote:

> Any one is easy recipe?

You cannot make falaffel without frying them in oil.

You should try hummus instead.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"amandaF" > wrote in message
> Any one is easy recipe?

Nope. And to make a falafel truly authentic means to make it with and fry
it in mutton fat. You could fry it in a dry skillet with say Pam but it
would not at all be the same. That crispy, crunchy crust and the soft
center is what makes falafel so wonderful. You can't get that any other way
than deep fat frying. And as Alton Brown showed, done right deep fat frying
need not add any excess oil to the food.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I make it for pot lucks at work and they are always enjoyed first
thing. I make the recipe, I do add some extra olive oil play leaf
parsley and garlic, but instead of frying or deep frying I use a
small cookie scoop and drop the ballson cookie sheet then bake in
convection oven to bake. They come out crispy on outside and soft on
inside. Stuff in a pita with sauce. Yummy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 20, 7:39 am, pamjd > wrote:
> I make it for pot lucks at work and they are always enjoyed first
> thing. I make the recipe, I do add some extra olive oil play leaf
> parsley and garlic, but instead of frying or deep frying I use a
> small cookie scoop and drop the ballson cookie sheet then bake in
> convection oven to bake. They come out crispy on outside and soft on
> inside. Stuff in a pita with sauce. Yummy

Yes!

I've never made falafel from scratch, from beans, but the mix, yeah, I
bake it all the time. Like pamjd did.

Once, like a very flat sheet meatloaf. Not as good, but with tahini
and labna and veg and pita, small difference.

I don't mind frying, just hate cleaning.

Bulka