Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default WTF-Pasta

The new Dominos Pasta Perfecta;

Does anyone have a problem with some of the names?

Domino's Pasta Perfecta! will be available from August 25 through the end of
the year in 5 varieties plus a "Build Your Own" option:
·
3-Cheese Mac N' Cheese
· Italian Sausage Marinara
· Chicken Alfredo
· Chicken Carbonara
· Pasta Primavera
·

No wonder we're raising a bunch food idiots.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
> The new Dominos Pasta Perfecta;
>
> Does anyone have a problem with some of the names?

I can't get past the fact that people will pay for such cheap,
easy-to-prepare food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Dimitri" > wrote in message
>> The new Dominos Pasta Perfecta;
>>
>> Does anyone have a problem with some of the names?
>>

> I can't get past the fact that people will pay for such cheap,
> easy-to-prepare food.

No duh! Have you seen the ads for microwave mashed potatoes? They show
this poor soul "trying" to peel potatoes. Oh, the pain! Then they show the
same woman, happy as a pig in slop, putting a bag of peeled, chunked
potatoes (frozen, of course) in the microwave and then adding butter/milk.

How freaking hard is it to peel a damned potato? Are people THAT taxed that
they can't find the time to do so and spare the convenience dosh?

<sigh>

TammyM

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:

> "Dimitri" > wrote in message
> > The new Dominos Pasta Perfecta;
> >
> > Does anyone have a problem with some of the names?
> >

> I can't get past the fact that people will pay for such cheap,
> easy-to-prepare food.

Is your class envy surfacing again, dear...???

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri > wrote:

> The new Dominos Pasta Perfecta;
>
> Does anyone have a problem with some of the names?

> 3-Cheese Mac N' Cheese
> · Italian Sausage Marinara
> · Chicken Alfredo
> · Chicken Carbonara
> · Pasta Primavera

They look fine to me. Almost a million references to those
names in Google, with recipes.

You never heard of pasta primavera? Or an alfredo or carbonara dish
with chicken in it?

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message ...
| Dimitri > wrote:
|
| > The new Dominos Pasta Perfecta;
| >
| > Does anyone have a problem with some of the names?
| > 3-Cheese Mac N' Cheese
| > · Italian Sausage Marinara
| > · Chicken Alfredo
| > · Chicken Carbonara
| > · Pasta Primavera
|
| They look fine to me. Almost a million references to those
| names in Google, with recipes.
|
| You never heard of pasta primavera? Or an alfredo or carbonara dish
| with chicken in it?

His problem is that they are real food, made from real ingredients
and cooked on real stoves. They are not tear-open-the-pouch-
and-add-water things, like his beloved Knorr's Hollandaise powder.

pavane

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Sep 11, 4:33*pm, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> Does anyone have a problem with some of the names?

No problem. Think of this as the "associative" use of names, sort of
the obverse of the discussion about "authentic" names. People borrow
and use names to indicate some relationship to the original, not to
claim identity. So if their "chicken carbonara" has a sort of creamy
sauce with something that resembles bacon bits they can say they
described the dish, and if their Italian sausage marinara is tomato-
based, same thing. We have at least one regular poster here who names
anything she adds soy sauce to "asian". Wotthehell, it's
communication, of a sort. -aem
Posted to rec.food.cooking

pavane wrote:

>|> The new Dominos Pasta Perfecta;
>|>
>|> Does anyone have a problem with some of the names?
>|> 3-Cheese Mac N' Cheese
>|> · Italian Sausage Marinara
>|> · Chicken Alfredo
>|> · Chicken Carbonara
>|> · Pasta Primavera
>|
>| They look fine to me. Almost a million references to those
>| names in Google, with recipes.
>|
>| You never heard of pasta primavera? Or an alfredo or carbonara dish
>| with chicken in it?
>
> His problem is that they are real food, made from real ingredients
> and cooked on real stoves. They are not tear-open-the-pouch-
> and-add-water things, like his beloved Knorr's Hollandaise powder.

I'm thinking that you are exactly wrong about that. Do you really believe
that -- for example -- "Chicken Carbonara" is made AT DOMINOS by making an
authentic pasta carbonara with fresh cream, eggs, bacon, and
Parmigiano-Reggiano, and then adding cooked chicken?

Quite the contrary, I think: I'm guessing that there's a minimum-wage slob
scooping out "Carbonara Sauce Powder" from a fifty-pound bag, reconstituting
it with water, adding chicken which was also cooked somewhere else, and then
adding pasta -- which was POSSIBLY cooked on-site, but was more likely to
have been pre-cooked and shipped in a vacuum-sealed plastic envelope.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message
> [...]
| >|
| >| They look fine to me. Almost a million references to those
| >| names in Google, with recipes.
| >|
| >| You never heard of pasta primavera? Or an alfredo or carbonara dish
| >| with chicken in it?
| >
| > His problem is that they are real food, made from real ingredients
| > and cooked on real stoves. They are not tear-open-the-pouch-
| > and-add-water things, like his beloved Knorr's Hollandaise powder.
|

| I'm thinking that you are exactly wrong about that. Do you really believe
| that -- for example -- "Chicken Carbonara" is made AT DOMINOS by making an
| authentic pasta carbonara with fresh cream, eggs, bacon, and
| Parmigiano-Reggiano, and then adding cooked chicken?
|
| Quite the contrary, I think: I'm guessing that there's a minimum-wage slob
| scooping out "Carbonara Sauce Powder" from a fifty-pound bag, reconstituting
| it with water, adding chicken which was also cooked somewhere else, and then
| adding pasta -- which was POSSIBLY cooked on-site, but was more likely to
| have been pre-cooked and shipped in a vacuum-sealed plastic envelope.

You may be right. Do you know, or are you guessing?

pavane

Posted to rec.food.cooking

pavane replied:

>| I'm guessing that there's a minimum-wage slob
>| scooping out "Carbonara Sauce Powder" from a fifty-pound bag,
>| reconstituting it with water, adding chicken which was also cooked
>| somewhere else, and then adding pasta -- which was POSSIBLY cooked
>| on-site, but was more likely to have been pre-cooked and shipped in a
>| vacuum-sealed plastic envelope.
>
> You may be right. Do you know, or are you guessing?

Heh... I just called Domino's to ask, and the manager refused to tell me. I
think that fact in itself is rather telling.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message
| pavane replied:
|
| >| I'm guessing that there's a minimum-wage slob
| >| scooping out "Carbonara Sauce Powder" from a fifty-pound bag,
| >| reconstituting it with water, adding chicken which was also cooked
| >| somewhere else, and then adding pasta -- which was POSSIBLY cooked
| >| on-site, but was more likely to have been pre-cooked and shipped in a
| >| vacuum-sealed plastic envelope.
| >
| > You may be right. Do you know, or are you guessing?
|

| Heh... I just called Domino's to ask, and the manager refused to tell me. I
| think that fact in itself is rather telling.

In which you admit you were guessing. OK, no problem.
I was just wondering.

pavane

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 22:48:11 -0400, "pavane" >
wrote:

>"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message
>| pavane replied:

>| > You may be right. Do you know, or are you guessing?
>|

>| Heh... I just called Domino's to ask, and the manager refused to tell me. I
>| think that fact in itself is rather telling.
>|

>In which you admit you were guessing. OK, no problem.
>I was just wondering.

Ummmm. Look what you quoted. And I'm guessing his guess is correct.
I can't find anything online about it but pizza hut has what is
probably similar slop for 12.99 for a pan that is claimed to feed 4
plus bread sticks. I really doubt they do much more than just warm
stuff up for that price. Pasta made by a real restaurant is at least
8 bucks a person.

http://www.pizzahut.com/Menu.aspx

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"pavane" > wrote in message
. com...

> "Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message
> | pavane replied:

> | > You may be right. Do you know, or are you guessing?
> |

> | Heh... I just called Domino's to ask, and the manager refused to tell
> me. I
> | think that fact in itself is rather telling.
> |

> In which you admit you were guessing. OK, no problem.
> I was just wondering.

****williger is full of hot air and posturing when it is not full of cheap
tequila. And it's always ready to foam up into vitriol. Quite amusing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cyber**** farted out:

> ****williger is full of hot air and posturing when it is not
> full of cheap tequila. And it's always ready to foam up into
> vitriol. Quite amusing.

Did you see "Attn: Crack-Whore" anywhere in what was written? If not, what
made you think you had something worthy of the group's attention?

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"TammyM" > wrote in message

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Dimitri" > wrote in message
>>> The new Dominos Pasta Perfecta;
>>>
>>> Does anyone have a problem with some of the names?
>>>

>> I can't get past the fact that people will pay for such cheap,
>> easy-to-prepare food.

> No duh! Have you seen the ads for microwave mashed potatoes? They show
> this poor soul "trying" to peel potatoes. Oh, the pain! Then they show
> the same woman, happy as a pig in slop, putting a bag of peeled, chunked
> potatoes (frozen, of course) in the microwave and then adding butter/milk.
>
> How freaking hard is it to peel a damned potato? Are people THAT taxed
> that they can't find the time to do so and spare the convenience dosh?
>
> <sigh>

Stupid people are everywhere. Lazy peope are everywhere. And even bright
people are lazy. I roast meats for my husband to use in sandwiches so that
he will not (theoretically) buy fast food or eat shitty, salty, fatty
"lunchmeat." He knows he does not eat enough vegetables. I buy lovely ripe
tomatoes for him to put on these sandwiches, which he will only remember to
put on about half the time IF I SLICE THEM AND PUT THEM ON A PLATE IN HIS
DIRECT LINE OF VISION IN THE REFRIGERATOR. I pointed this out the other
night, along with the fact that it pays to be willing to be bothered to make
an effort at eating healthier stuff. He responded that it took too much time
and was "too messy." So I quoted Kenneth Patchen and said, "It's a damned
shame you have to be bothered with breathing."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message
> cyber**** farted out:
>
>> ****williger is full of hot air and posturing when it is not
>> full of cheap tequila. And it's always ready to foam up into
>> vitriol. Quite amusing.

> Did you see "Attn: Crack-Whore" anywhere in what was written? If not, what
> made you think you had something worthy of the group's attention?

Your mother must be so proud. Keeeep talking. You're looking better and
better with every post.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lou Decruss > wrote:

> Pasta made by a real restaurant is at least 8 bucks a person.

Pasta is the biggest markup item for any restaurant. The menu price
is no indication of quality.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

TammyM wrote:
> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Dimitri" > wrote in message
>>> The new Dominos Pasta Perfecta;
>>>
>>> Does anyone have a problem with some of the names?
>>>

>> I can't get past the fact that people will pay for such cheap,
>> easy-to-prepare food.

> No duh! Have you seen the ads for microwave mashed potatoes? They
> show this poor soul "trying" to peel potatoes. Oh, the pain! Then
> they show the same woman, happy as a pig in slop, putting a bag of
> peeled, chunked potatoes (frozen, of course) in the microwave and
> then adding butter/milk.
> How freaking hard is it to peel a damned potato? Are people THAT
> taxed that they can't find the time to do so and spare the
> convenience dosh?
> <sigh>
>
> TammyM

I laugh every time I see that commercial. If she's that food challenged why
doesn't she just buy the already mashed potatoes in a tub?

Jill <--who peeled & mashed taters just a few days ago

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> Dimitri > wrote:
>
>> The new Dominos Pasta Perfecta;
>>
>> Does anyone have a problem with some of the names?

>> 3-Cheese Mac N' Cheese
>> · Italian Sausage Marinara
>> · Chicken Alfredo
>> · Chicken Carbonara
>> · Pasta Primavera

> They look fine to me. Almost a million references to those
> names in Google, with recipes.
>
> You never heard of pasta primavera? Or an alfredo or carbonara dish
> with chicken in it?
>
> -sw

These pastas are only available in specific Southern California Counties
until the end of the year. I guess it's a test market thing. On Sept. 3,
the first 100 customers of Domino's in those counties got a sample of the
pasta for free; the pasta is being sold at $4.99.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" > wrote

> Sqwertz wrote:
>> Dimitri > wrote:
>>
>>> The new Dominos Pasta Perfecta;
>>>
>>> Does anyone have a problem with some of the names?

>>> 3-Cheese Mac N' Cheese
>>> · Italian Sausage Marinara
>>> · Chicken Alfredo
>>> · Chicken Carbonara
>>> · Pasta Primavera

>> They look fine to me. Almost a million references to those
>> names in Google, with recipes.
>>
>> You never heard of pasta primavera? Or an alfredo or carbonara dish
>> with chicken in it?

> These pastas are only available in specific Southern California Counties
> until the end of the year. I guess it's a test market thing. On Sept. 3,
> the first 100 customers of Domino's in those counties got a sample of the
> pasta for free; the pasta is being sold at $4.99.

How does that work, what do they call it when innovations or
discoveries happen at the same time by completely unrelated
sources. Pizza Hut has commercials all over now how they
are offering these fabulous pasta dishes.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 19:38:16 -0700, Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> pavane replied:
>
>>| I'm guessing that there's a minimum-wage slob
>>| scooping out "Carbonara Sauce Powder" from a fifty-pound bag,
>>| reconstituting it with water, adding chicken which was also cooked
>>| somewhere else, and then adding pasta -- which was POSSIBLY cooked
>>| on-site, but was more likely to have been pre-cooked and shipped in a
>>| vacuum-sealed plastic envelope.
>>
>> You may be right. Do you know, or are you guessing?

> Heh... I just called Domino's to ask, and the manager refused to tell me. I
> think that fact in itself is rather telling.
>
> Bob

did he call you a ****ing wiseguy?

at any rate, in view of their pizza, i'm sure the stuff is quite vile, not
to mention suffering in the car during the delivery ride.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> "kilikini" > wrote
>
>> Sqwertz wrote:

>>> They look fine to me. Almost a million references to those
>>> names in Google, with recipes.
>>>
>>> You never heard of pasta primavera? Or an alfredo or carbonara dish
>>> with chicken in it?

>> These pastas are only available in specific Southern California
>> Counties until the end of the year. I guess it's a test market
>> thing. On Sept. 3, the first 100 customers of Domino's in those
>> counties got a sample of the pasta for free; the pasta is being sold
>> at $4.99.

> How does that work, what do they call it when innovations or
> discoveries happen at the same time by completely unrelated
> sources. Pizza Hut has commercials all over now how they
> are offering these fabulous pasta dishes.
>
> nancy

The theory of formative causation I think Dominoes is merely copying
Pizza Hut, though. I doubt their marketing people came up with the idea
simultaneously. Actually, Pizza Hut has always sold pasta just not
different varieties of it. Both of my brothers worked there in the late
70's and there was some sort of pasta dish (similar to lasagna) on the menu
then.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
. ..

> How does that work, what do they call it when innovations or
> discoveries happen at the same time by completely unrelated
> sources. Pizza Hut has commercials all over now how they
> are offering these fabulous pasta dishes.

Those commercials crack me up. They have these people eating pasta at an
Italian restaurant. They rave on about how good it is, then it's revealed
to them that Pizza Hut delivered the pasta.

Did they get "All You Can Drink Martinis" before dinner? Do they never eat
at Italian restaurants? I mean, with all due respect to Pizza Hut (OK, we
call it Pizza Slut), I find it hard to believe their pasta products are all
that high-quality to begin with, and of course by the time the people in the
commercial get their pasta it has gone through the whole delivery process.

To any rational person, the response to "Pizza Hut delivered the pasta!"
would be "Well, that explains it." Instead they about fall off their chairs
in surprise.

Anny

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Anny Middon wrote:
> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> . ..
>>

>> How does that work, what do they call it when innovations or
>> discoveries happen at the same time by completely unrelated
>> sources. Pizza Hut has commercials all over now how they
>> are offering these fabulous pasta dishes.
>>

> Those commercials crack me up. They have these people eating pasta
> at an Italian restaurant. They rave on about how good it is, then
> it's revealed to them that Pizza Hut delivered the pasta.

(snippety)
> To any rational person, the response to "Pizza Hut delivered the
> pasta!" would be "Well, that explains it." Instead they about fall
> off their chairs in surprise.
>
> Anny

Not to mention, the so-called "chef" is standing there grinning like an
idiot because the patrons preferred Pizza Hut pasta to what he would have
prepared for them. Yeah, that really happens!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 05:22:43 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>Lou Decruss > wrote:
>
>> Pasta made by a real restaurant is at least 8 bucks a person.

>Pasta is the biggest markup item for any restaurant.

Actually soda and french fries are. Ray Kroc fought the supersized
idea until it was tested and profits went up immediately.

>The menu price is no indication of quality.

That may be true in many instances. But I really don't see it true
with Dominoes. I don't know how big the $4.99 portion is but as three
of the items listed contain meat I'm sure you know there's not a chef
in the kitchen making it if they're going to keep usual profit
margins.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Anny Middon wrote:
> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> . ..
>>
>> How does that work, what do they call it when innovations or
>> discoveries happen at the same time by completely unrelated
>> sources. Pizza Hut has commercials all over now how they
>> are offering these fabulous pasta dishes.
>>

> Those commercials crack me up. They have these people eating pasta at an
> Italian restaurant. They rave on about how good it is, then it's revealed
> to them that Pizza Hut delivered the pasta.
>
> Did they get "All You Can Drink Martinis" before dinner? Do they never eat
> at Italian restaurants? I mean, with all due respect to Pizza Hut (OK, we
> call it Pizza Slut), I find it hard to believe their pasta products are all
> that high-quality to begin with, and of course by the time the people in the
> commercial get their pasta it has gone through the whole delivery process.
>
> To any rational person, the response to "Pizza Hut delivered the pasta!"
> would be "Well, that explains it." Instead they about fall off their chairs
> in surprise.
>
> Anny

Its funny (and sad) to think about how it is actually possible (I
realize that the Pizza hut commercial is just big box marketing trying
to paint the picture that they are competent). Suppose the diners point
of reference is other big box places that also slice open a bag of super
sauce mix? Big box has lowered the bar and many people seem to readily
accept consistent mediocrity. So one bigbox's sauce could be "better"...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> Nancy Young wrote:

>>> These pastas are only available in specific Southern California
>>> Counties until the end of the year. I guess it's a test market
>>> thing. On Sept. 3, the first 100 customers of Domino's in those
>>> counties got a sample of the pasta for free; the pasta is being sold
>>> at $4.99.

>> How does that work, what do they call it when innovations or
>> discoveries happen at the same time by completely unrelated
>> sources. Pizza Hut has commercials all over now how they
>> are offering these fabulous pasta dishes.
>>
>> nancy

> The theory of formative causation I think Dominoes is merely
> copying Pizza Hut, though. I doubt their marketing people came up
> with the idea simultaneously. Actually, Pizza Hut has always sold
> pasta just not different varieties of it. Both of my brothers worked
> there in the late 70's and there was some sort of pasta dish (similar
> to lasagna) on the menu then.
>
> Jill

Yeah, I'd have to agree with Jill that Domino's is copying Pizza Hut. Pizza
Hut's is considerably more expensive, though, so I'd hope that it would feed
more people than Domino's pasta.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> Nancy Young wrote:
>> Someone wrote:

>>> These pastas are only available in specific Southern California
>>> Counties until the end of the year. I guess it's a test market
>>> thing. On Sept. 3, the first 100 customers of Domino's in those
>>> counties got a sample of the pasta for free; the pasta is being sold
>>> at $4.99.

>> How does that work, what do they call it when innovations or
>> discoveries happen at the same time by completely unrelated
>> sources. Pizza Hut has commercials all over now how they
>> are offering these fabulous pasta dishes.

>> The theory of formative causation I think Dominoes is merely
>> copying Pizza Hut, though.

It's only very recently that Pizza Hut has been advertising their
pasta delivery, around here. Before maybe a month ago I never
heard a peep about them delivering pasta.

And only in this thread that I hear Domino's is now trotting out
pasta delivery.

That's why I was kidding around, did they both have this idea
simultaneously?

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Anny Middon" > wrote

> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>> How does that work, what do they call it when innovations or
>> discoveries happen at the same time by completely unrelated
>> sources. Pizza Hut has commercials all over now how they
>> are offering these fabulous pasta dishes.
>>

> Those commercials crack me up. They have these people eating pasta at an
> Italian restaurant. They rave on about how good it is, then it's revealed
> to them that Pizza Hut delivered the pasta.

The very one! And could it be any more fake?

> Did they get "All You Can Drink Martinis" before dinner?

You really cracked me up.

>Do they never eat at Italian restaurants? I mean, with all due respect to
>Pizza Hut (OK, we call it Pizza Slut), I find it hard to believe their
>pasta products are all that high-quality to begin with, and of course by
>the time the people in the commercial get their pasta it has gone through
>the whole delivery process.

Really, I thought the same. Especially cream sauces, they take
no time to turn into a solid mass.

> To any rational person, the response to "Pizza Hut delivered the pasta!"
> would be "Well, that explains it." Instead they about fall off their
> chairs in surprise.

Not very convincing surprise, at that.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lou Decruss wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 05:22:43 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>> Lou Decruss > wrote:
>>
>>> Pasta made by a real restaurant is at least 8 bucks a person.

>> Pasta is the biggest markup item for any restaurant.

> Actually soda and french fries are. Ray Kroc fought the supersized
> idea until it was tested and profits went up immediately.
>
>> The menu price is no indication of quality.

> That may be true in many instances. But I really don't see it true
> with Dominoes. I don't know how big the $4.99 portion is but as three
> of the items listed contain meat I'm sure you know there's not a chef
> in the kitchen making it if they're going to keep usual profit
> margins.

I'm sure the stuff comes pre-made in portioned plastic bags. Call
or drop by and ask for the ingredients statements. I'd bet it
doesn't come in powdered form, but I'm not saying it's made with
cheese, butter and cream, either ;-) (at least in any amount
greater than 10%)

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> jmcquown wrote:
> > Nancy Young wrote:

> >> How does that work, what do they call it when innovations or
> >> discoveries happen at the same time by completely unrelated
> >> sources. Pizza Hut has commercials all over now how they
> >> are offering these fabulous pasta dishes.

> >> The theory of formative causation I think Dominoes is merely
> >> copying Pizza Hut, though.

> It's only very recently that Pizza Hut has been advertising their
> pasta delivery, around here. Before maybe a month ago I never
> heard a peep about them delivering pasta.
>
> And only in this thread that I hear Domino's is now trotting out
> pasta delivery.
>
> That's why I was kidding around, did they both have this idea
> simultaneously?
>
> nancy

Those chains have people who go around and check on the competition,
either in the outlets or through other sources. Domino's probably was
getting ready to do the same before Pizza Hut ran their first ads.

The pasta shown on the ads looks utterly revolting and sticky
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Waaaaaay too many years ago, I remember Pizza Hut serving something I
think they called "cavatini". It was pretty good, but you didn't have
to be a gourmand to tell that it was pretty much all the toppings from
a "super supreme" pizza with penne rigate instead of a crust. I don't
think they delivered then.

Lynn in Fargo
Only eats pizza from (believe it or not)
"Duane's House of Pizza"
(one in Fargo, one in Moorhead - that's it!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lynn from Fargo wrote:
> Waaaaaay too many years ago, I remember Pizza Hut serving something I
> think they called "cavatini". It was pretty good, but you didn't have
> to be a gourmand to tell that it was pretty much all the toppings from
> a "super supreme" pizza with penne rigate instead of a crust. I don't
> think they delivered then.
>
> Lynn in Fargo

EEEEK! That's the name of the Pizza Hut pasta dish I couldn't remember!
Both of my brothers worked there in the 1970's. Yes, it was "cavatini"
(whatever the hell that is). And no, they didn't deliver back then.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in
:

> Lynn from Fargo wrote:
>> Waaaaaay too many years ago, I remember Pizza Hut serving something I
>> think they called "cavatini". It was pretty good, but you didn't have
>> to be a gourmand to tell that it was pretty much all the toppings from
>> a "super supreme" pizza with penne rigate instead of a crust. I don't
>> think they delivered then.
>>
>> Lynn in Fargo

> EEEEK! That's the name of the Pizza Hut pasta dish I couldn't remember!
> Both of my brothers worked there in the 1970's. Yes, it was "cavatini"
> (whatever the hell that is). And no, they didn't deliver back then.
>
> Jill

I got cavatini quite regularly at home...the ex worked there in the 70's
and she would bring it home for supper many times. I still have a few of
the cavatini oval serving plates.

--

The beet goes on -Alan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

hahabogus wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in
> :
>
>> Lynn from Fargo wrote:
>>> Waaaaaay too many years ago, I remember Pizza Hut serving something
>>> I think they called "cavatini". It was pretty good, but you didn't
>>> have to be a gourmand to tell that it was pretty much all the
>>> toppings from a "super supreme" pizza with penne rigate instead of
>>> a crust. I don't think they delivered then.
>>>
>>> Lynn in Fargo

>> EEEEK! That's the name of the Pizza Hut pasta dish I couldn't
>> remember! Both of my brothers worked there in the 1970's. Yes, it
>> was "cavatini" (whatever the hell that is). And no, they didn't
>> deliver back then.
>>

> I got cavatini quite regularly at home...the ex worked there in the
> 70's and she would bring it home for supper many times. I still have
> a few of the cavatini oval serving plates.

Ah yes, I remember those oval dishes, too

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 13, 6:13*pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> hahabogus wrote:
> > "jmcquown" > wrote in
> :

> >> EEEEK! *That's the name of the Pizza Hut pasta dish I couldn't
> >> remember! Both of my brothers worked there in the 1970's. *Yes, it
> >> was "cavatini" (whatever the hell that is). *And no, they didn't
> >> deliver back then.

> > I got cavatini quite regularly at home...the ex worked there in the
> > 70's and she would bring it home for supper many times. I still have
> > a few of the cavatini oval serving plates.

> Ah yes, I remember those oval dishes, too
>
> Jill

The recipe for that cavatini is in that link that somebody posted
about the top secret recipes. It's not penne rigate, its wheels or
corkscrews or ziti.
Lynn from Fargo

Bow Tie Pasta Margaret Suran General Cooking 2 15-01-2007 04:36 AM
Pasta B.L.T. Duckie ® Recipes 0 08-12-2005 03:14 PM
Pasta alla Posillipo (Pasta with Mixed Seafood) Edoc Recipes (moderated) 0 24-09-2005 12:27 PM
Pasta Alla Checca (pasta With Steeped Tomato 7Hawks Recipes 0 20-11-2004 10:26 PM