fox boy

Default tequila-like looking for US marketer

a distillery here,in guadalajara, that since it is NOT located in the
official tequila growing processing states, it cannot market its tequila as
tequila, but rather "distillation of maggei" (the actual cactus) and is
looking for a market in the US.. Since the official tequila is reaching
sky high prices, perhaps there is a market for somthing that is 90% the same
tequila but 50% less. Also instead of 38% alcohol, by law is 34.5%

let me know if you know anyone

Paul

Rex B

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 19:35:02 GMT, "fox boy" > wrote:

|a distillery here,in guadalajara, that since it is NOT located in the
|official tequila growing processing states, it cannot market its tequila as
|tequila, but rather "distillation of maggei" (the actual cactus) and is
|looking for a market in the US.. Since the official tequila is reaching
|sky high prices, perhaps there is a market for somthing that is 90% the same
|tequila but 50% less. Also instead of 38% alcohol, by law is 34.5%
|
|let me know if you know anyone

My buddy has a Crown Vic with a big tank in back.......
Rex in Fort Worth
Gene Rodgers

I have a peek-um up truck and would be glad to go down there as I need
about a years supply (about 100 gallons) to satisfy my thirst.

"fox boy" > wrote in message
om...
> a distillery here,in guadalajara, that since it is NOT located in the
> official tequila growing processing states, it cannot market its tequila

as
> tequila, but rather "distillation of maggei" (the actual cactus) and is
> looking for a market in the US.. Since the official tequila is reaching
> sky high prices, perhaps there is a market for somthing that is 90% the

same
> tequila but 50% less. Also instead of 38% alcohol, by law is 34.5%
>
> let me know if you know anyone
>
> Paul

Dana Myers

fox boy wrote:
> a distillery here,in guadalajara, that since it is NOT located in the
> official tequila growing processing states, it cannot market its tequila as
> tequila, but rather "distillation of maggei" (the actual cactus) and is
> looking for a market in the US.. Since the official tequila is reaching
> sky high prices, perhaps there is a market for somthing that is 90% the same
> tequila but 50% less. Also instead of 38% alcohol, by law is 34.5%

So it's not tequila and it's not mescal, and it's not
raicilla?

See:

http://www.tequilamescal.com/raicilla.htm
http://modena.intergate.ca/personal/...aicillanf.html

I have to say, I really liked the raicilla I had, but it
wasn't any wimpy 34.5% alcohol. It was more like 70-80%
alcohol. Very interesting stuff.

Dana
gbfmif

so - send me a sample to see if "distillation of maggei" is of comparable
quality or value and we can go from there

fox boy wrote:

> a distillery here,in guadalajara, that since it is NOT located in the
> official tequila growing processing states, it cannot market its tequila as
> tequila, but rather "distillation of maggei" (the actual cactus) and is
> looking for a market in the US.. Since the official tequila is reaching
> sky high prices, perhaps there is a market for somthing that is 90% the same
> tequila but 50% less. Also instead of 38% alcohol, by law is 34.5%
>
> let me know if you know anyone
>
> Paul

gbfmif

fox boy wrote:

> a distillery here,in guadalajara, that since it is NOT located in the
> official tequila growing processing states, it cannot market its tequila as
> tequila, but rather "distillation of maggei" (the actual cactus) and is
> looking for a market in the US.. Since the official tequila is reaching
> sky high prices, perhaps there is a market for somthing that is 90% the same
> tequila but 50% less. Also instead of 38% alcohol, by law is 34.5%
>
> let me know if you know anyone
>
> Paul

gbfmif

fox boy wrote:

> a distillery here,in guadalajara, that since it is NOT located in the
> official tequila growing processing states, it cannot market its tequila as
> tequila, but rather "distillation of maggei" (the actual cactus) and is
> looking for a market in the US.. Since the official tequila is reaching
> sky high prices, perhaps there is a market for somthing that is 90% the same
> tequila but 50% less. Also instead of 38% alcohol, by law is 34.5%
>
> let me know if you know anyone
>
> Paul

gbfmif

fox boy wrote:

> a distillery here,in guadalajara, that since it is NOT located in the
> official tequila growing processing states, it cannot market its tequila as
> tequila, but rather "distillation of maggei" (the actual cactus) and is
> looking for a market in the US.. Since the official tequila is reaching
> sky high prices, perhaps there is a market for somthing that is 90% the same
> tequila but 50% less. Also instead of 38% alcohol, by law is 34.5%
>
> let me know if you know anyone
>
> Paul

gbfmif

fox boy wrote:

> a distillery here,in guadalajara, that since it is NOT located in the
> official tequila growing processing states, it cannot market its tequila as
> tequila, but rather "distillation of maggei" (the actual cactus) and is
> looking for a market in the US.. Since the official tequila is reaching
> sky high prices, perhaps there is a market for somthing that is 90% the same
> tequila but 50% less. Also instead of 38% alcohol, by law is 34.5%
>
> let me know if you know anyone
>
> Paul

Mike Tommasi

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 19:35:02 GMT, "fox boy"
> wrote:

>a distillery here,in guadalajara, that since it is NOT located in the
>official tequila growing processing states, it cannot market its tequila as
>tequila, but rather "distillation of maggei" (the actual cactus) and is
>looking for a market in the US.. Since the official tequila is reaching
>sky high prices, perhaps there is a market for somthing that is 90% the same
>tequila but 50% less. Also instead of 38% alcohol, by law is 34.5%
>
>let me know if you know anyone

Is this the place to handle such business?

Do you think it is polite to push your own narrow commercial interests
online in fornt of hundreds of readers that are not at all concerned?

Is this allowed according to the charter of AFW?

Mike Tommasi, Six Fours, France
email link http://www.tommasi.org/mymail

Kevin White

Actually, raicilla, according to the links you posted, is 72-80 PROOF,
which means it is 36-40% alcohol. So not much different there. The
stuff our Guatemalan friend is hawking would be 69 proof, if it's
34.5% alcohol. Hehehe...69 proof...Gimme a steamin' bowl of THAT!

Dana Myers > wrote in message news:<40452b0c$1@wobble>...
> fox boy wrote:
> > a distillery here,in guadalajara, that since it is NOT located in the
> > official tequila growing processing states, it cannot market its tequila as
> > tequila, but rather "distillation of maggei" (the actual cactus) and is
> > looking for a market in the US.. Since the official tequila is reaching
> > sky high prices, perhaps there is a market for somthing that is 90% the same
> > tequila but 50% less. Also instead of 38% alcohol, by law is 34.5%

> So it's not tequila and it's not mescal, and it's not
> raicilla?
>
> See:
>
> http://www.tequilamescal.com/raicilla.htm
> http://modena.intergate.ca/personal/...aicillanf.html
>
> I have to say, I really liked the raicilla I had, but it
> wasn't any wimpy 34.5% alcohol. It was more like 70-80%
> alcohol. Very interesting stuff.
>
> Dana

Dana Myers

Kevin White wrote:
> Actually, raicilla, according to the links you posted, is 72-80 PROOF,
> which means it is 36-40% alcohol.

Actually, no. Quoting from the second link, describing raicilla
as it is normally found:

> It is a strong violent liquor of greatly varying quality,
> and usually more than 100 proof.

The raicilla I had, based on the observed Marangoni effect
and the intensity of the intoxication, was around 150-160 proof,
which is 75 to 80 percent alcohol.

The first link describes a *legitimate* version of raicilla
made under government license. That's the exception, and
I suspect it's not considered "real" by true raicilla drinkers.
In fact, it's probably like white zinfandel as far as the
Puerto Vallarta locals see it.

Dana
Max Hauser

Default History and Commerce ( tequila-like ...)

A certain exquisite, long-term irony attends a newsgroup that got separated
from its history and past postings as a broader drinks newsgroup, in such a
manner as even to isolate it from its eventual sibling drinks newsgroups,
all to protect the delicate ears of a few sensitive wine drinkers (who did
not even hang around anyway), against postings about other drinks, then 10
years later finding itself getting postings about other drinks.

But to the subject of this thread. It does remind me of those deals you can
find in the South-Eastern US where "artisan" distilled spirits, some of them
VERY good to the taste (or so I understand), are sold in unlabeled
wide-mouth "Mason" jars, from the back of a vehicle, always by someone
wearing wrap-around sunglasses and without a lot of patience. Credit cards
not accepted. Or so I hear, anyway.

Your health! -- Max

"Mike Tommasi" in ...
> On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 19:35:02 GMT, "fox boy"
> > wrote:
>
> >a distillery here,in guadalajara, that since it is NOT located in the
> >official tequila growing processing states, it cannot market its tequila

> Is this the place to handle such business?
>
> Do you think it is polite to push your own narrow commercial interests
> online in fornt of hundreds of readers that are not at all concerned?
>
> Is this allowed according to the charter of AFW?

KFC is a sleazy marketer Lynn from Fargo General Cooking 105 18-08-2008 03:41 PM
Tequila Robbie Hatley General 3 17-06-2006 04:03 AM
Tequila-lime shrimp (or other tequila recipes)? serene General Cooking 15 04-08-2005 01:59 AM
Tequila Help Marcus General 4 27-02-2005 04:02 AM
Tequila Help Marcus General 0 18-02-2005 01:34 AM