Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Swanson Cooking Stock?

I see it advertised as a new product. It's in a container
similar to the boxed broth, but the top is not flat.

Just off-hand, what do you think the difference is between
broth and cooking stock?

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> I see it advertised as a new product. It's in a container
> similar to the boxed broth, but the top is not flat.
>
> Just off-hand, what do you think the difference is between
> broth and cooking stock?
>
> nancy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stock_(food)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 14, 1:48*pm, "Nancy Young" > wrote:
> I see it advertised as a new product. *It's in a container
> similar to the boxed broth, but the top is not flat.
>
> Just off-hand, what do you think the difference is between
> broth and cooking stock?
>
> nancy

Wonder if it's a marketing ploy to sell more stuff- it will be
interesting to see what you find out by comparing the two.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 16:48:18 -0400, "Nancy Young" >
wrote:

>Just off-hand, what do you think the difference is between
>broth and cooking stock?

If it's a commercial product, I have no idea.

Mae West

Maitakegold is on sale at Swanson T[_8_] Diabetic 3 02-03-2016 11:44 AM
Swanson Flavor Boosts Janet Bostwick General Cooking 4 06-08-2012 07:53 PM
Swanson's Stock notbob General Cooking 2 31-10-2009 03:54 PM
Swanson Sun Butter Cookies Jani Paschka Recipes (moderated) 0 31-07-2008 12:16 PM
Swanson Dinner Bill S. Wine 11 27-02-2006 11:32 PM