FoodBanter.com

-   -   Swanson Cooking Stock? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/160311-swanson-cooking-stock.html)

Nancy Young 14-08-2008 09:48 PM

Swanson Cooking Stock?

I see it advertised as a new product. It's in a container
similar to the boxed broth, but the top is not flat.

Just off-hand, what do you think the difference is between
broth and cooking stock?

nancy

Scott[_11_] 14-08-2008 10:14 PM

Swanson Cooking Stock?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stock_(food)

merryb 14-08-2008 11:00 PM

Swanson Cooking Stock?

On Aug 14, 1:48*pm, "Nancy Young" > wrote:
> I see it advertised as a new product. *It's in a container
> similar to the boxed broth, but the top is not flat.
>
> Just off-hand, what do you think the difference is between
> broth and cooking stock?
>
> nancy

Wonder if it's a marketing ploy to sell more stuff- it will be
interesting to see what you find out by comparing the two.

sf[_3_] 15-08-2008 06:11 AM

Swanson Cooking Stock?

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 16:48:18 -0400, "Nancy Young" >
wrote:

>Just off-hand, what do you think the difference is between
>broth and cooking stock?

If it's a commercial product, I have no idea.

:)

Mae West