Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What's wrong in this recipe video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD4o_Lmy6bU

As she said "1/2 cups of flour and scooping it with the measuring
cup", it seemed there was some flour already in the bowl. Then, when
she said "1/2 a cup of water", she scoops once.

The recipe was written to be 1/4 cup of water in the ingredient
list. Did she say it wrong?

INGREDIENTS:
This recipe makes 4 Roti's:
1/2 Cup Whole wheat flour
Pinch of Salt
1/4 Cup and 1 tablespoon of luke warm water
1/4 teaspoon of Oil
1 teaspoon of Ghee or clear..

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
>,
amandaF > wrote:

I was going to ask if it was Sandra Lee, but then I watched the video.

:-)

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD4o_Lmy6bU
>

> As she said "1/2 cups of flour and scooping it with the measuring
> cup", it seemed there was some flour already in the bowl.

It was a clear bowl on top of a white surface, with glare from the
lighting. I honestly couldn't tell.

> Then, when
> she said "1/2 a cup of water", she scoops once.

But she used a different scoop that was noticeably smaller.

> The recipe was written to be 1/4 cup of water in the ingredient
> list. Did she say it wrong?

Obviously. That's two out of three. The recipe and size of measuring
cup vs what she said.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA