Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Name that noodle.

I made a scratch pasta once with fresh sage, lots of parmasean - those
were the dominate flavors I remember. It was more like a dumpling when
finished than a pasta. What am I thinking of.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dan S." > wrote in message
>I made a scratch pasta once with fresh sage, lots of parmasean - those were
>the dominate flavors I remember. It was more like a dumpling when finished
>than a pasta. What am I thinking of.

Um, sage and cheese ravioli?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kswck used his keyboard to write :
> "Dan S." > wrote in message
>>I made a scratch pasta once with fresh sage, lots of parmasean - those were
>> the dominate flavors I remember. It was more like a dumpling when finished
>> than a pasta. What am I thinking of.
>>

> Um, sage and cheese ravioli?

No. I don't remember adding any flour, and it wasn't a wrapped pasta.
It was basically the cheese, sage, and bound with egg - probably salt,
pepper, maybe butter, but I don't remember exactly.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Jun 28, 12:43*pm, Dan S.
> wrote:
> Kswck used his keyboard to write :
>
> > "Dan S." > wrote in message
> >>I made a scratch pasta once with fresh sage, lots of parmasean - those were
> >> the dominate flavors I remember. *It was more like a dumpling when finished
> >> than a pasta. *What am I thinking of.

> > Um, sage and cheese ravioli?

> No. *I don't remember adding any flour, and it wasn't a wrapped pasta. *
> It was basically the cheese, sage, and bound with egg - probably salt,
> pepper, maybe butter, but I don't remember exactly.

Confusing. Why do you call it "pasta" if it had no flour? -aem
Posted to rec.food.cooking

aem laid this down on his screen :
> On Jun 28, 12:43*pm, Dan S.
> > wrote:
>> Kswck used his keyboard to write :

>>> Um, sage and cheese ravioli?

>> No. *I don't remember adding any flour, and it wasn't a wrapped pasta. *
>> It was basically the cheese, sage, and bound with egg - probably salt,
>> pepper, maybe butter, but I don't remember exactly.

> Confusing. Why do you call it "pasta" if it had no flour? -aem

I've heard it called pasta by others. I've wondered the same thing
myself. It was boiled, I'm pretty sure. I originally found the recipe
on the now defunct "ask Yahoo!" service. Of course, I can't find it
anymore.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 28, 12:18�pm, Dan S. wrote:

> I made a scratch pasta once with fresh sage, lots of
> parmasean - those were the dominate flavors I
> remember. �It was more like a dumpling when
> finished than a pasta. �What am I thinking of.

Gnocci?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

aem brought next idea :
> On Jun 28, 12:43*pm, Dan S.
> > wrote:
>> Kswck used his keyboard to write :

>>> Um, sage and cheese ravioli?

>> No. *I don't remember adding any flour, and it wasn't a wrapped pasta. *
>> It was basically the cheese, sage, and bound with egg - probably salt,
>> pepper, maybe butter, but I don't remember exactly.

> Confusing. Why do you call it "pasta" if it had no flour? -aem

Found it. Nevermind.

Best stuff ever, if you're feeling ambitious.

http://www.alacartetv.com/html/lidia...st_chokers.htm

Posted to rec.food.cooking

KevinS used his keyboard to write :
> On Jun 28, 12:18ïÿ½pm, Dan S. wrote:
>
>> I made a scratch pasta once with fresh sage, lots of
>> parmasean - those were the dominate flavors I
>> remember. ïÿ½It was more like a dumpling when
>> finished than a pasta. ïÿ½What am I thinking of.

> Gnocci?

Strazopretti. Sorry. I just had to look harder. Ask Yahoo is still
there, they just don't take questions anymore. That's where I first
saw it years ago.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 16:04:10 -0400, Dan S.
> wrote:

>aem brought next idea :
>> On Jun 28, 12:43*pm, Dan S.
>> > wrote:
>>> Kswck used his keyboard to write :

>>> No. *I don't remember adding any flour, and it wasn't a wrapped pasta. *
>>> It was basically the cheese, sage, and bound with egg - probably salt,
>>> pepper, maybe butter, but I don't remember exactly.

>> Confusing. Why do you call it "pasta" if it had no flour? -aem

>Found it. Nevermind.
>
>Best stuff ever, if you're feeling ambitious.
>
>http://www.alacartetv.com/html/lidia...st_chokers.htm

I think that is also called gnudi (ravioli filling - no pasta). I've
made the Giada De Laurentiis recipe. It's very good and not
particularly hard to do.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci..._33334,00.html

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

on 6/28/2008, sf supposed :
> On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 16:04:10 -0400, Dan S.
> > wrote:
>
>> aem brought next idea :
>>> On Jun 28, 12:43*pm, Dan S.

>>> Confusing. Why do you call it "pasta" if it had no flour? -aem

>> Found it. Nevermind.
>>
>> Best stuff ever, if you're feeling ambitious.
>>
>> http://www.alacartetv.com/html/lidia...st_chokers.htm
>>

> I think that is also called gnudi (ravioli filling - no pasta). I've
> made the Giada De Laurentiis recipe. It's very good and not
> particularly hard to do.
> http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci..._33334,00.html

Interesting. It was delicious when I made it with the sage sauce a
couple years back. It would probably be completely different with
maranara.

RIP Mr. Noodle Tara General Cooking 3 10-01-2007 01:03 PM
RIP Mr. Noodle [email protected] General Cooking 0 09-01-2007 01:38 PM
fetuccini noodle Bier de Stone Preserving 32 20-01-2005 09:02 AM
fetuccini noodle Bier de Stone Preserving 0 13-01-2005 05:30 PM