Bier de Stone

Default fetuccini noodle

I had an experience buying bucatini some time ago at the supermarket.
These are hollow noodles and when I put them in a pot to boil, I found
all the little eggs and baby weevil like insects floated at the top.
That was my motive to make my own noodles.

I purchased a noodle press and now I'm quite good at making fetuccini.
My question is for noodle makers out there reading this. How does one go
about drying a noodle so that they remain flat, and most importantly,
don't stick to one another? My current method is lying them flat on a
cookie pan and sprinkling flower on top of them so they next layer
doesn`t stick. When I'm done, I put the pan in an old fashion gas pilot
oven. The ongoing heat from the lit pilot is warm enough to dry the
noodles from one day to the next.

I've considered hanging them up to dry separately, allowing a single
noodle its place on the line but haven't gotten to that point of
experimentation yet. I'm using the 4 cup recipe and usually divide the
dough in half for the noodles I dry per pan using the oven. I discovered
if I try to do the whole mass of dough, sticking is unavoidable. Tell me
I'm not doing this wrong because I need to dry a single layer at a time
in the oven.

Name that noodle. Dan S. General Cooking 9 29-06-2008 01:05 AM
RIP Mr. Noodle Tara General Cooking 3 10-01-2007 01:03 PM
RIP Mr. Noodle [email protected] General Cooking 0 09-01-2007 01:38 PM
fetuccini noodle Bier de Stone Preserving 32 20-01-2005 09:02 AM