Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default George Hirsch South Pacific Tiki Menu: on Live with Regis & KellyTODAY!

George Hirsch Pork Satay with Sesame Dipping Sauce
Makes 6 servings
from georgehirschliving.com

INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 pound pork tenderloin, cut crosswise into 3-inch-long pieces
INGREDIENTS for Marinade:
1/3 cup sweet onion
1 Tablespoon cilantro, chopped
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons oyster sauce (Chinese BBQ sauce)
2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
juice from two limes
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 teaspoon each soy sauce and sesame oil
6 long skewers ۬۬DIRECTIONS۬Mix marinade ingredients in medium bowl.
Cut pork lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. ۬۬Thread pork onto
each of six skewers. Reserve 1/3 cup of marinade in a small bowl.
Brush remaining marinade over both sides of pork. Cover pork,
refrigerate for one hour. ۬۬Preheat grill. Grill pork until cooked
through, two-four minutes per side. Brush pork with reserved
marinade.

For More of George's TIKI Party Recipes
VISIT: http://www.georgehirschliving.com/li...giskelly..html
George Hirsch Sesame Dipping Sauce
George's Mai Tai
George Hirsch Grilled Shrimp Salad Papaya Dressing
George Hirsch Ti Leaf Wrapped Chicken, Curry Glaze
George Hirsch Sweet Potato & Caramelized-Onion Salad
George Hirsch Banana Bread, Candied Pineapple w/ Sweet Macadamias
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default South Pacific Tiki Menu

The "chefgeorgehirsh" spammer wrote:

> 2 tablespoons oyster sauce (Chinese BBQ sauce)

When I think "Chinese barbecue sauce" I think more of hoisin sauce than of
oyster sauce. It seems to me that hoisin would be superior to oyster sauce
in the recipe given.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote:

> The "chefgeorgehirsh" spammer wrote:
>
> > 2 tablespoons oyster sauce (Chinese BBQ sauce)

> When I think "Chinese barbecue sauce" I think more of hoisin sauce than of
> oyster sauce. It seems to me that hoisin would be superior to oyster sauce
> in the recipe given.

"Chinese barbecue sauce" makes me think char siu rather than either
hoisin or oyster sauce.

And I'm at a bit of a loss about "South Pacific tiki". "Tiki" does not
mean the same thing here as it (apparently) does in Hawaii.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> The "chefgeorgehirsh" spammer wrote:
>
>> 2 tablespoons oyster sauce (Chinese BBQ sauce)

> When I think "Chinese barbecue sauce" I think more of hoisin sauce
> than of oyster sauce. It seems to me that hoisin would be superior to
> oyster sauce in the recipe given.
>
> Bob

Maybe oyster sauce goes better with SPAM?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 27, 9:27*pm, "Bob Terwilliger" >
wrote:
> The "chefgeorgehirsh" spammer wrote:
> > 2 tablespoons oyster sauce (Chinese BBQ sauce)

> When I think "Chinese barbecue sauce" I think more of hoisin sauce than of
> oyster sauce. It seems to me that hoisin would be superior to oyster sauce
> in the recipe given.
>
> Bob

Hi Bob, not selling anything, just trying to make some foodie friends,
supply a taste recipe and the great thing about cooking is to be
creative and of course substitute with what you have on hand, nothing
is written in stone just mere suggestions.
Peace

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
. ..
> Bob Terwilliger wrote:
>> The "chefgeorgehirsh" spammer wrote:
>>
>>> 2 tablespoons oyster sauce (Chinese BBQ sauce)

>> When I think "Chinese barbecue sauce" I think more of hoisin sauce
>> than of oyster sauce. It seems to me that hoisin would be superior to
>> oyster sauce in the recipe given.
>>
>> Bob

> Maybe oyster sauce goes better with SPAM?
>
> Jill

nothing goes beter with Spam.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kswck wrote:

>> Maybe oyster sauce goes better with SPAM?
>>
>> Jill

> nothing goes beter with Spam.

Well, Hawaiians seem to like Spam, and this *is* supposed to be a
quasi-Hawaiian menu, so maybe Spam is appropriate. There's a pseudo-Hawaiian
dish I've been meaning to try, with ramen, coconut milk, baby corn, and
seared Spam cubes.

Bob