Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Fruit sugar and tea

On Sun 08 Jun 2008 09:55:57p, metspitzer told us...

> I have started drinking more water and eating fruit. My favorite
> fruit as long as it lasts is pineapple. (canned)
>
> The label says 10g sugar.
>
> I eat the fruit and pour out the juice.
>
> I am thinking about making some decaf tea and using the juice to
> sweeten a glass of tea.
>
> Anyone think that would be good?

Yes, it probably would be. Pineapple juice is also good in marinades, and
as an addition to other fruit drinks and cocktails. Pineapple with rum is
wonderful. Lots of other things you could do with it, too. Try googling
"pineapple juice recipes".

--
Wayne Boatwright
Sunday, 06(VI)/08(VIII)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, "Michael \"Dog3\"" > wrote:
>metspitzer > newspdp441l4p57bddrb2qcm7af3p2aa620q6@
>4ax.com: in rec.food.cooking
>
>> I have started drinking more water and eating fruit. My favorite
>> fruit as long as it lasts is pineapple. (canned)
>>
>> The label says 10g sugar.
>>
>> I eat the fruit and pour out the juice.
>>
>> I am thinking about making some decaf tea and using the juice to
>> sweeten a glass of tea.
>>
>> Anyone think that would be good?

>Hmmm... I've never tried it with pineapple before but the juice of the
>pineapple is good for lots of stuff so I don't see why it wouldn't be good
>in iced tea.

I'm curious to know whether there's more than a drop or two of
true pineapple juice in canned pineapple (and that probably there by
accident, or loss of "quality" control .

I'll try to remember to check the ingredients here next time I'm in
the supermarket. In the meantime, what do your brands say about it?

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, "Michael \"Dog3\"" > wrote:
(Phred)
: in rec.food.cooking

>> I'm curious to know whether there's more than a drop or two of
>> true pineapple juice in canned pineapple (and that probably there by
>> accident, or loss of "quality" control .
>>
>> I'll try to remember to check the ingredients here next time I'm in
>> the supermarket. In the meantime, what do your brands say about it?

>Well shoot... I don't have a can of pineapple in the pantry. I *do* have a
>can of Dole Pineapple Juice (not from concentrate). On the can the
>ingredients list says: pineapple juice, absorbic acid, vitamins A and E. I
>guess my next question would be how much actual pineapple has to be present
>for the manufacturer to be able to label it as "juice". Wording is
>everything and labels can be misleading. I know it's weird but I'm much
>more in tune with the labeling on pet foods and I'm familiar with the
>wording that AAFCO points out.

Well I sure can't complain about the speed of your reply! Almost like
a chat session. :-) As it's nearly 00:30 here, I'm off to the cot
now. But thank you for the response -- now the pressure is on me to
remember to check out the local stuff here in Oz!

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID

Posted to rec.food.cooking

metspitzer wrote:

> I have started drinking more water and eating fruit. My favorite
> fruit as long as it lasts is pineapple. (canned)
>
> The label says 10g sugar.
>
> I eat the fruit and pour out the juice.
>
> I am thinking about making some decaf tea and using the juice to
> sweeten a glass of tea.
>
> Anyone think that would be good?

Sure. But I'd probably just take my share of the fruit from the can and
give the rest, juice and all, to my 13 year-old son. And I'd have to
eat fast, too, or he'd be back, asking, "Are you going to finish that,
or what?"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

metspitzer > wrote:
> I have started drinking more water and eating fruit. �My favorite
> fruit as long as it lasts is pineapple. (canned)
>
> The label says 10g sugar.
>
> I eat the fruit and pour out the juice.
>
> I am thinking about making some decaf tea and using the juice to
> sweeten a glass of tea.
>
> Anyone think that would be good?

Try it... a tea bag costs what, 2 cents.... idiot.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 9, 10:07Â*am, Sheldon > wrote:
> > wrote:
> > I have started drinking more water and eating fruit. �My favorite
> > fruit as long as it lasts is pineapple. (canned)

> > The label says 10g sugar.

> > I eat the fruit and pour out the juice.

> > I am thinking about making some decaf tea and using the juice to
> > sweeten a glass of tea.

> > Anyone think that would be good?

> Try it... a tea bag costs what, 2 cents.... idiot.

Sad angry little man
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"metspitzer" > wrote in message
On Jun 9, 10:07 am, Sheldon > wrote:
> > wrote:
> > I have started drinking more water and eating fruit. ?My favorite
> > fruit as long as it lasts is pineapple. (canned)

> > The label says 10g sugar.

> > I eat the fruit and pour out the juice.

> > I am thinking about making some decaf tea and using the juice to
> > sweeten a glass of tea.

> > Anyone think that would be good?

> Try it... a tea bag costs what, 2 cents.... idiot.

Sad angry little man

Well, he does have a point ... it's not like your going out and spending
$50. Make tea, add juice. If it's good, do it again, if it isn't ... pour
it down the sink.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"metspitzer" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 13:32:31 -0400, "Woolstitcher"
> > wrote:

>>> Try it... a tea bag costs what, 2 cents.... idiot.

>>Sad angry little man
>>
>>Well, he does have a point ... it's not like your going out and spending
>>$50. Make tea, add juice. If it's good, do it again, if it isn't ...
>>pour
>>it down the sink.
>>

> The point of the message was to discuss it on the Internet. If the
> topic interests you, then participate. If not............don't.

ohhh ... your that kind of poster.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

metspitzer wrote:

> I have started drinking more water and eating fruit. My favorite
> fruit as long as it lasts is pineapple. (canned)
>
> The label says 10g sugar.
>
> I eat the fruit and pour out the juice.
>
> I am thinking about making some decaf tea and using the juice to
> sweeten a glass of tea.
>
> Anyone think that would be good?

Sure...Russians even put jam in their tea.

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 23:55:57 -0500, metspitzer >
wrote:

>I have started drinking more water and eating fruit. My favorite
>fruit as long as it lasts is pineapple. (canned)
>
>The label says 10g sugar.
>
>I eat the fruit and pour out the juice.
>
>I am thinking about making some decaf tea and using the juice to
>sweeten a glass of tea.
>
>Anyone think that would be good?

I'm sure it would be good in iced tea. I have been served iced tea
punches that were made of sweetened tea mixed with fruit juices (I
think orange and lemon). The punches are a beautiful golden color and
they taste delicious.

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>I have started drinking more water and eating fruit. My favorite
>fruit as long as it lasts is pineapple. (canned)
>
>The label says 10g sugar.
>
>I eat the fruit and pour out the juice.
>
>I am thinking about making some decaf tea and using the juice to
>sweeten a glass of tea.
>
>Anyone think that would be good?

humbert humbert was fond of pineapple juice and gin. i haven't had
that, but once in a while i'll mix vodka one part to three parts juice
and it's pretty good.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking