jmcquown

Default Speaking of Hocks & Beans...

Well... ham bones. I got online and ordered a small boneless Smithfield
smoked (lower sodium) ham for my parents. Also ordered what the site called
"dog bones" - aka meaty ham bones. So Dad can make his navy bean soup.
They don't buy hocks and very rarely get a bone-in ham. So I'm sending them
the best of both worlds His navy bean soup is excellent!

Jill

zxcvbob

jmcquown wrote:
> Well... ham bones. I got online and ordered a small boneless Smithfield
> smoked (lower sodium) ham for my parents. Also ordered what the site called
> "dog bones" - aka meaty ham bones. So Dad can make his navy bean soup.
> They don't buy hocks and very rarely get a bone-in ham. So I'm sending them
> the best of both worlds His navy bean soup is excellent!
>
> Jill

Can you find smoked neck bones? That's what I usually use to make navy
bean soup.

Bob

jmcquown

zxcvbob wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>> Well... ham bones. I got online and ordered a small boneless
>> Smithfield smoked (lower sodium) ham for my parents. Also ordered
>> what the site called "dog bones" - aka meaty ham bones. So Dad can
>> make his navy bean soup. They don't buy hocks and very rarely get a
>> bone-in ham. So I'm sending them the best of both worlds His
>> navy bean soup is excellent!
>>
>> Jill
>>

> Can you find smoked neck bones? That's what I usually use to make
> navy
> bean soup.
>
> Bob

I suppose I could if I looked But Dad doesn't go out looking for such
things. When I talked to him today he was absolutely thrilled that I'm
sending him ham bones. It's starting to feel like Fall down there in SC and
it's time for some good comforting soup!

Jill