Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Peanut Oil Fries and other Nostalgic Foods

Went to see Iron Man today (lots of fun!) and had lunch at a local burger
place, I guess it is a chain called Five Guys.

Their fries are made from fresh potatoes and fried in peanut oil.

Took me back to Ocean City, Maryland where you could get greasy bags of such
fries years ago. That, and a fried kosher hot dog with tons of fried onions,
made for a nice treat.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat > wrote:

> Went to see Iron Man today (lots of fun!) and had lunch at a local burger
> place, I guess it is a chain called Five Guys.

Five Guys.... Iron Man.... Now all you need is some chocolate
cupcakes, ice cream, and a copy of Brokeback Mountain and get busy
tonight!

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> cybercat > wrote:
>
>> Went to see Iron Man today (lots of fun!) and had lunch at a local burger
>> place, I guess it is a chain called Five Guys.

> Five Guys.... Iron Man.... Now all you need is some chocolate
> cupcakes, ice cream, and a copy of Brokeback Mountain and get busy
> tonight!

I know you are not addressing me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat > wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> cybercat > wrote:
>>
>>> Went to see Iron Man today (lots of fun!) and had lunch at a local burger
>>> place, I guess it is a chain called Five Guys.

>> Five Guys.... Iron Man.... Now all you need is some chocolate
>> cupcakes, ice cream, and a copy of Brokeback Mountain and get busy
>> tonight!

> I know you are not addressing me.

You didn't get all hot and sweaty at Iron Man, and then dining with
5 guys?

Sorry if that's not your style. I thought you were a man's lady.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cyberdrab wrote:

> Went to see Iron Man today (lots of fun!) and had lunch at a local burger
> place, I guess it is a chain called Five Guys.
>
> Their fries are made from fresh potatoes and fried in peanut oil.
>
> Took me back to Ocean City, Maryland where you could get greasy bags of such
> fries years ago. That, and a fried kosher hot dog with tons of fried onions,
> made for a nice treat.

Gads, what a torridly ordinary life you lead...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat > wrote:

> Went to see Iron Man today (lots of fun!) and had lunch at a local burger
> place, I guess it is a chain called Five Guys.

Oh, it's a *MOVIE*. I thought it was the Iron Man Competition.

<sigh> Never mind.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> cybercat > wrote:
>
>> Went to see Iron Man today (lots of fun!) and had lunch at a local burger
>> place, I guess it is a chain called Five Guys.

> Oh, it's a *MOVIE*. I thought it was the Iron Man Competition.
>
> <sigh> Never mind.

lol!! I wondered what the hell you were talking about!!

Think Marvel Comics. It's a lot of fun, Robert Downey Jr. does a GREAT job.
Total escapism.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 6, 5:13*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> cybercat > wrote:
> > Went to see Iron Man today (lots of fun!) and had lunch at a local burger
> > place, I guess it is a chain called Five Guys.

> Oh, it's a *MOVIE*. *I thought it was the Iron Man Competition.
>
> <sigh> Never mind.

You're more interesting than me tonight. My first thought was, "I
always fry my French fries in peanut oil."

> -sw

--Bryan