Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Just curious about something

Mom likes to watch Rachel Ray in the afternoons so I've caught her show from
time to time. Is it just me or are the portions she makes absolutely
*humongous*?

Yesterday she did a show featuring chicken with roasted vegetables. She
said allow 1/2 a chicken per person. WHAT?! She then proceeded to season
and place 3 split chickens (and I do mean chickens, not cornish game hens)
into a roasting pan with the vegetables. Who (aside from TFM! LOL) eats
like this?

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> Mom likes to watch Rachel Ray in the afternoons so I've caught her
> show from time to time. Is it just me or are the portions she makes
> absolutely *humongous*?
>
> Yesterday she did a show featuring chicken with roasted vegetables. She
> said allow 1/2 a chicken per person. WHAT?! She then proceeded
> to season and place 3 split chickens (and I do mean chickens, not
> cornish game hens) into a roasting pan with the vegetables. Who
> (aside from TFM! LOL) eats like this?
>
> Jill

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I thought it was just me. Have you seen
the size portions of beef she cooks up? I don't know her target audience
for sure, but if it is young people, they are making a heck of a lot of
money to spend on food. The steak portion sizes are outrageous and would
cost a LOT of money around here -- maybe steak is cheaper back east? Even
the slabs of fish she prepares are too much. Then there's the starch and
veggie portion of the meal and then dessert.
Janet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> Mom likes to watch Rachel Ray in the afternoons so I've caught her show from
> time to time. Is it just me or are the portions she makes absolutely
> *humongous*?
>
> Yesterday she did a show featuring chicken with roasted vegetables. She
> said allow 1/2 a chicken per person. WHAT?! She then proceeded to season
> and place 3 split chickens (and I do mean chickens, not cornish game hens)
> into a roasting pan with the vegetables. Who (aside from TFM! LOL) eats
> like this?

We are talking regular sized chickens?? That does seem like a lot. When I buy a
medium size chicken for the two of us I expect to get at least two meals out of
it. We will have half of it one night and then have the rest of it the next
night, hot or cold. When I find small chickens I like to stock up on them an
do them on the rotisserie and usually split them in two, so half a chicken per
person, and that usually makes for a pretty bounteous portion of chicken for me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> Mom likes to watch Rachel Ray in the afternoons so I've caught her show
> from time to time. Is it just me or are the portions she makes absolutely
> *humongous*?
>
> Yesterday she did a show featuring chicken with roasted vegetables. She
> said allow 1/2 a chicken per person. WHAT?! She then proceeded to season
> and place 3 split chickens (and I do mean chickens, not cornish game hens)
> into a roasting pan with the vegetables. Who (aside from TFM! LOL) eats
> like this?
>
> Jill

I saw that and thought the same thing.
I buy a 4-5 maybe 6 if I can't find anything smaller) pound chicken and use
it to feed a family of 4 and left overs the next day. The soup the day
after that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> Mom likes to watch Rachel Ray in the afternoons so I've caught her show
> from time to time. Is it just me or are the portions she makes absolutely
> *humongous*?
>
> Yesterday she did a show featuring chicken with roasted vegetables. She
> said allow 1/2 a chicken per person. WHAT?! She then proceeded to season
> and place 3 split chickens (and I do mean chickens, not cornish game hens)
> into a roasting pan with the vegetables. Who (aside from TFM! LOL) eats
> like this?
>
> Jill

That's why hubby heartily approves of her show. He can't get over the fact
that a 'suggested serving' is 3 oz. of meat. Minimum around here is 8 oz.
Then I should also preface this statement with 'he is twice the man he was
when I married him' as well (snort).
-ginny

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Bostwick wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>> Mom likes to watch Rachel Ray in the afternoons so I've caught her
>> show from time to time. Is it just me or are the portions she makes
>> absolutely *humongous*?
>>
>> Yesterday she did a show featuring chicken with roasted vegetables.
>> She said allow 1/2 a chicken per person. WHAT?! She then proceeded
>> to season and place 3 split chickens (and I do mean chickens, not
>> cornish game hens) into a roasting pan with the vegetables. Who
>> (aside from TFM! LOL) eats like this?
>>
>> Jill

> Thank you, thank you, thank you. I thought it was just me. Have you
> seen the size portions of beef she cooks up? I don't know her target
> audience for sure, but if it is young people, they are making a heck
> of a lot of money to spend on food. The steak portion sizes are
> outrageous and would cost a LOT of money around here -- maybe steak
> is cheaper back east? Even the slabs of fish she prepares are too
> much. Then there's the starch and veggie portion of the meal and
> then dessert. Janet

I saw her make pork chops on one show, those suckers had to weigh a pound or
more each even if you didn't count the bone. I can see getting thicker
chops for stuffing but nowhere near the size these were! (And she didn't
stuff them.) The mind boggles.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> Mom likes to watch Rachel Ray in the afternoons so I've caught her show
>> from time to time. Is it just me or are the portions she makes absolutely
>> *humongous*?
>>
>> Yesterday she did a show featuring chicken with roasted vegetables. She
>> said allow 1/2 a chicken per person. WHAT?! She then proceeded to season
>> and place 3 split chickens (and I do mean chickens, not cornish game hens)
>> into a roasting pan with the vegetables. Who (aside from TFM! LOL) eats
>> like this?
>>
>> Jill

> That's why hubby heartily approves of her show. He can't get over the fact
> that a 'suggested serving' is 3 oz. of meat. Minimum around here is 8 oz.
> Then I should also preface this statement with 'he is twice the man he was
> when I married him' as well (snort).
> -ginny

Hey, I represent that remark. I weigh 80 lbs more than I did when I
married nearly 48 years ago. I'm not saying how much DW has gained in
that time except to say it's all quite lovely.

George
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 23, 8:45*am, "Janet Bostwick" > wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
> > Mom likes to watch Rachel Ray in the afternoons so I've caught her
> > show from time to time. *Is it just me or are the portions she makes
> > absolutely *humongous*?

> > Yesterday she did a show featuring chicken with roasted vegetables. She
> > said allow 1/2 a chicken per person. *WHAT?! *She then proceeded
> > to season and place 3 split chickens (and I do mean chickens, not
> > cornish game hens) into a roasting pan with the vegetables. *Who
> > (aside from TFM! LOL) eats like this?

> > Jill

> Thank you, thank you, thank you. *I thought it was just me. *Have you seen
> the size portions of beef she cooks up? *I don't know her target audience
> for sure, but if it is young people, they are making a heck of a lot of
> money to spend on food. *The steak portion sizes are outrageous and would
> cost a LOT of money around here -- maybe steak is cheaper back east? *Even
> the slabs of fish she prepares are too much. *Then there's the starch and
> veggie portion of the meal and then dessert.
> Janet

Maybe it goes along with all the "supersize" portions in the prepared
food world.

I bought one of those new Stouffer square panini bread thingies (looks
like pizza) - the box says one serving is what's in the box. It's way
too much food for one serving; I had two dinners from it, and probably
could have made three out of it, if I'd cut it differently and added a
side dish or two.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini wrote:
> Janet Bostwick wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>> Mom likes to watch Rachel Ray in the afternoons so I've caught her
>>> show from time to time. Is it just me or are the portions she makes
>>> absolutely *humongous*?
>>>
>>> Yesterday she did a show featuring chicken with roasted vegetables.
>>> She said allow 1/2 a chicken per person. WHAT?! She then proceeded
>>> to season and place 3 split chickens (and I do mean chickens, not
>>> cornish game hens) into a roasting pan with the vegetables. Who
>>> (aside from TFM! LOL) eats like this?
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Thank you, thank you, thank you. I thought it was just me. Have you
>> seen the size portions of beef she cooks up? I don't know her target
>> audience for sure, but if it is young people, they are making a heck
>> of a lot of money to spend on food. The steak portion sizes are
>> outrageous and would cost a LOT of money around here -- maybe steak
>> is cheaper back east? Even the slabs of fish she prepares are too
>> much. Then there's the starch and veggie portion of the meal and
>> then dessert. Janet

> I always assumed she cooked for the audience. I may be mistaken.
>
> kili

I don't know for sure but I don't think the audience (at least on this
particular show of hers) gets anything but the snack of the day, provided by
whatever company is being plugged that day. On this show she specifically
said 1/2 a chicken per person. And they weren't mini-chickens!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 23, 6:33*am, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> Mom likes to watch Rachel Ray in the afternoons so I've caught her show from
> time to time. *Is it just me or are the portions she makes absolutely
> *humongous*?
>
> Yesterday she did a show featuring chicken with roasted vegetables. *She
> said allow 1/2 a chicken per person. *WHAT?! *She then proceeded to season
> and place 3 split chickens (and I do mean chickens, not cornish game hens)
> into a roasting pan with the vegetables. *Who (aside from TFM! LOL) eats
> like this?
>
> Jill

Apparently she does! Have you noticed she's quite a bit chubbier than
when she first started that show?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

merryb wrote:
> On Apr 23, 6:33 am, "jmcquown" > wrote:
>> Mom likes to watch Rachel Ray in the afternoons so I've caught her
>> show from time to time. Is it just me or are the portions she makes
>> absolutely *humongous*?
>>
>> Yesterday she did a show featuring chicken with roasted vegetables.
>> She said allow 1/2 a chicken per person. WHAT?! She then proceeded
>> to season and place 3 split chickens (and I do mean chickens, not
>> cornish game hens) into a roasting pan with the vegetables. Who
>> (aside from TFM! LOL) eats like this?
>>
>> Jill

> Apparently she does! Have you noticed she's quite a bit chubbier than
> when she first started that show?

LOL I dunno. I never actually saw it until a couple of months ago.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" wrote:
> Janet Bostwick wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote:
> >> Mom likes to watch Rachel Ray in the afternoons so I've caught her
> >> show from time to time. �Is it just me or are the portions she makes
> >> absolutely *humongous*?

> >> Yesterday she did a show featuring chicken with roasted vegetables.
> >> She said allow 1/2 a chicken per person. �WHAT?! �She then proceeded
> >> to season and place 3 split chickens (and I do mean chickens, not
> >> cornish game hens) into a roasting pan with the vegetables. �Who
> >> (aside from TFM! LOL) eats like this?

> >> Jill

> > Thank you, thank you, thank you. �I thought it was just me. �Have you
> > seen the size portions of beef she cooks up? �I don't know her target
> > audience for sure, but if it is young people, they are making a heck
> > of a lot of money to spend on food. �The steak portion sizes are
> > outrageous and would cost a LOT of money around here -- maybe steak
> > is cheaper back east? �Even the slabs of fish she prepares are too
> > much. �Then there's the starch and veggie portion of the meal and
> > then dessert. Janet

> I always assumed she cooked for the audience. �I may be mistaken.

Exactly!! It's TV! Everything on the cooking show set is designed to
show well on TV, especially the food.

And anyway a half a roast chicken is considered a typical portion on
most any restaurant menu... naturally it's half a fryer not half a
roaster. There isn't all that much to eat on half a fryer, the entire
chicken weighs about 3 pounds uncooked, after trimming the obvious
superfluous bits and cooking it weighs about 2 pounds, and only about
one pound is edible if you're lucky, at least a pound is bone, fat,
gristle, and skin... so the most meat contained on half a roasted
fryer is 6, 7, maybe 8 ounces... how is that a lot. Those
rotisseried chickens sold at the stupidmarket delis are barely enough
to feed two otiose adults, but a hard working guy can polish off one
alone.... not everyone lazes around all day posting to newsgroups,
some actually have J O Bs and work, and not behind a desk.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
> > Mom likes to watch Rachel Ray in the afternoons so I've caught her show from
> > time to time. �Is it just me or are the portions she makes absolutely
> > *humongous*?

> > Yesterday she did a show featuring chicken with roasted vegetables. �She
> > said allow 1/2 a chicken per person. �WHAT?! �She then proceeded to season
> > and place 3 split chickens (and I do mean chickens, not cornish game hens)
> > into a roasting pan with the vegetables. �Who (aside from TFM! LOL) eats
> > like this?

> We are talking regular sized chickens?? �

WTF... there is no such thing as a regular sized chicken.

That does seem like a lot. When I buy a
> medium size chicken for the two of us I expect to get at least two meals out of
> it. �

There is no such thing as a medium sized chicken.

We will have half of it one night and then have the rest of it the
next
> night, hot or cold. � When I find small chickens I like to stock up on them

There is no such thing as a small sized chicken.

Chickens don't come in small, medium, and large like tee shirts...
what planet are you from.

This is how I know that you can't and you don't cook... you're
definitely a KFC guy... they do sell small, medum, and large
"portions". You never cooked a chicken in your life, you never even
bought a chicken, you haven't a clue about how chickens are sized.
You are pure KBS (Kitchen Bull Shit)... on garbage day your trash is
filled with KFC buckets, and other assorted fast food trappings.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> I saw her make pork chops on one show, those suckers had to weigh a
> pound or more each even if you didn't count the bone. I can see getting
> thicker chops for stuffing but nowhere near the size these were! (And
> she didn't stuff them.) The mind boggles.
>
> Jill

She must feed some hungry people. When I eat a pork chop, I can not eat
more than 6-8 oz at a time.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I also just happened upon that show and thought exactly the same thing.
Thing is, she really piles it on when she plates food -- she put a couple
big spoons of that potato/onion preparation on that large platter along with
the chicken and the salsa topping as a serving. I was thinking the piece of
chicken topped with salsa and one of those potatoes would have been perfect
for me.

She appears to come from one of the manga!, manga! cultures that like to
come on strong in every way -- simply a different atitude toward food as
sharing love more than valuing portions-- which is often a very healthy
diet, depending on ingredients and, I guess, some amount of self-control..

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
. ..
> merryb wrote:
> > On Apr 23, 6:33 am, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> >> Mom likes to watch Rachel Ray in the afternoons so I've caught her
> >> show from time to time. Is it just me or are the portions she makes
> >> absolutely *humongous*?
> >>
> >> Yesterday she did a show featuring chicken with roasted vegetables.
> >> She said allow 1/2 a chicken per person. WHAT?! She then proceeded
> >> to season and place 3 split chickens (and I do mean chickens, not
> >> cornish game hens) into a roasting pan with the vegetables. Who
> >> (aside from TFM! LOL) eats like this?
> >>
> >> Jill

> > Apparently she does! Have you noticed she's quite a bit chubbier than
> > when she first started that show?
> >

> LOL I dunno. I never actually saw it until a couple of months ago.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini wrote:

> Janet Bostwick wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>> Mom likes to watch Rachel Ray in the afternoons so I've caught her show
>>> from time to time. Is it just me or are the portions she makes
>>> absolutely *humongous*?
>>>
>>> Yesterday she did a show featuring chicken with roasted vegetables. She
>>> said allow 1/2 a chicken per person. WHAT?! She then proceeded to
>>> season and place 3 split chickens (and I do mean chickens, not cornish
>>> game hens) into a roasting pan with the vegetables. Who (aside from
>>> TFM! LOL) eats like this?
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Thank you, thank you, thank you. I thought it was just me. Have you
>> seen the size portions of beef she cooks up? I don't know her target
>> audience for sure, but if it is young people, they are making a heck of
>> a lot of money to spend on food. The steak portion sizes are outrageous
>> and would cost a LOT of money around here -- maybe steak is cheaper back
>> east? Even the slabs of fish she prepares are too much. Then there's
>> the starch and veggie portion of the meal and then dessert. Janet

> I always assumed she cooked for the audience. I may be mistaken.

I've shot some cooking shows. One of them was a Mexican-cooking show,
with a very small crew (and budget, except for food <g>) and no audience.
It was also a nicely leisurely and laid-back gig. So after every show -
and we did five a day - we sat down and ate the meal. Yeah, I gained
some weight. But if you're gonna gain weight, that's the way to do it:
you get professionally cooked food, you have no cleanup ... and you're
getting *paid*.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Becca <organ> wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
> > I saw her make pork chops on one show, those suckers had to weigh a
> > pound or more each even if you didn't count the bone. �I can see getting
> > thicker chops for stuffing but nowhere near the size these were! �(And
> > she didn't stuff them.) �The mind boggles.

> > Jill

> She must feed some hungry people. �When I eat a pork chop, I can not eat
> more than 6-8 oz at a time.

Have to say the weight before or after cooking... and TV cameras can
play tricks that can make a portion look much larger than it really
is.

A 6-8 ounce cooked loin pork chop is rather large.. after cooking a
1/2" thick chop would weigh about 4 ounces... an eight ounce chop
would be 1" thick (you can always tell the thickness after cooking
because the bone doesn't shrink, and if there is no bone then it is
NOT a chop). If the chops on that show weighed a pound they'd be 2"
thick. The typical restaurant serves two chops but they are about 1/2
thick. Some fancy schmancy restaurants serve 3/4" thick, even 1"
thick chops, but then they only serve one, usually propped up with
some starchy food to make it appear even larger. I don't think many
restaurants would serve a 2" thick chop, that would contain two ribs
and be a small roast. I have pork chops cooking right now, braising
in tomatio sauce for ziti tonight. The package contained four nice
loin chops, each about 1/2" thick, the total weight was 1 3/4 pounds.
With a pound box of ziti this will make three meals, perhaps two
depending on whether the cats eat the briased chops, sometimes they
do, sometimes not... extra pasta never goes to waste here, I like cold
pasta snacks. I doubt the pork chops on that show were so huge, they
can't mess with the configuration, only the thickness. But a good
camera person can play all kinds of tricks on the eye... never trust
size on TV... Jill probably thinks the pork in those porno films are
real size too. hehe

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jesse wrote:
> I also just happened upon that show and thought exactly the same thing.
> Thing is, she really piles it on when she plates food -- she put a couple
> big spoons of that potato/onion preparation on that large platter along with
> the chicken and the salsa topping as a serving. I was thinking the piece of
> chicken topped with salsa and one of those potatoes would have been perfect
> for me.

I always took those as the communal serving platters, not a suggested
"dinner serving".....or perhaps she is just showing that you can feed a
crowd in little time too? She doesn't claim to cook only for 2 people,
right?
I didn't see the show, nor do I routinely watch her, but I'm trying to
see all sides of the issue.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Susie wrote:

> I started making RR's recipes in January and I have loved everything.
> YES, the
> portions are huge but I love that. The leftovers are even better and I
> don't have
> to cook for a few days.
> Here are photos of most of what I have made:
> http://tinyurl.com/ywc4cu
> RR has taught me a lot,

Ok, some of that stuff looked downright GREAT! The mini meatloaves and
mac and cheese look like pure comfort food. She (and you) prove that
good meals don't have to take a long time to cook.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 09:33:30 -0400, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>Who (aside from TFM! LOL) eats
>like this?

Most of America....just look around at all the FAT adults and FAT
children. FAT women make their children fat so they don't look so
bad.

You wanna be pretty...ya hang around ugly people.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
George Shirley > wrote:

> Hey, I represent that remark. I weigh 80 lbs more than I did when I
> married nearly 48 years ago. I'm not saying how much DW has gained in
> that time except to say it's all quite lovely.
>
> George

Uh, don't forget that I met her in person a year ago, George. And I
have pictures.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/amytaylor
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >,
> George Shirley > wrote:
>
>> Hey, I represent that remark. I weigh 80 lbs more than I did when I
>> married nearly 48 years ago. I'm not saying how much DW has gained in
>> that time except to say it's all quite lovely.
>>
>> George

> Uh, don't forget that I met her in person a year ago, George. And I
> have pictures.

It has been a year Barb, lots of pasta and rice under the belt since
then. For both of us.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

George Shirley wrote:

>>> Hey, I represent that remark. I weigh 80 lbs more than I did when I
>>> married nearly 48 years ago. I'm not saying how much DW has gained in
>>> that time except to say it's all quite lovely.
>>>
>>> George

My first reaction was to say "What a nice compliment."
Upon rereading, I'm wondering....
;-)

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Goomba38" > wrote in message
. ..
> Jesse wrote:
> > I also just happened upon that show and thought exactly the same thing.
> > Thing is, she really piles it on when she plates food -- she put a

couple
> > big spoons of that potato/onion preparation on that large platter along

with
> > the chicken and the salsa topping as a serving. I was thinking the piece

of
> > chicken topped with salsa and one of those potatoes would have been

perfect
> > for me.

> I always took those as the communal serving platters, not a suggested
> "dinner serving".....or perhaps she is just showing that you can feed a
> crowd in little time too? She doesn't claim to cook only for 2 people,
> right?
> I didn't see the show, nor do I routinely watch her, but I'm trying to
> see all sides of the issue.

\
This was a large recipe, a whole pot of chicken, another pot of
potatoes/onion stuff, and a huge bowl of salsa --obviously for a big dinner
party, but the platter she dished out was only a serving of it. When you
cook big, you serve big. Myself I could have eaten for a year off that
recipe cooked up and frozen.

It is interesting to see people objectively discussing RR in this forum
now -- a year ago she was considered the wicked witch of cooking here and
would draw nothing but profanity..

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Mom likes to watch Rachel Ray in the afternoons so I've caught her show from
>time to time. Is it just me or are the portions she makes absolutely
>*humongous*?
>
>Yesterday she did a show featuring chicken with roasted vegetables. She
>said allow 1/2 a chicken per person. WHAT?! She then proceeded to season
>and place 3 split chickens (and I do mean chickens, not cornish game hens)
>into a roasting pan with the vegetables. Who (aside from TFM! LOL) eats
>like this?

I don't pay attention to her proportions, but I don't eat a half
chicken unless it' half a game hen.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf <.> wrote in :

> On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 09:33:30 -0400, "jmcquown" >
> wrote:
>
>>Mom likes to watch Rachel Ray in the afternoons so I've caught her
>>show from time to time. Is it just me or are the portions she makes
>>absolutely *humongous*?
>>
>>Yesterday she did a show featuring chicken with roasted vegetables.
>>She said allow 1/2 a chicken per person. WHAT?! She then proceeded
>>to season and place 3 split chickens (and I do mean chickens, not
>>cornish game hens) into a roasting pan with the vegetables. Who
>>(aside from TFM! LOL) eats like this?
>>

> I don't pay attention to her proportions, but I don't eat a half
> chicken unless it' half a game hen.

For a meal a complete meal I'll eat 1/2 a small fryer chicken. Say for
lunch or supper at work. I'll only have the 1/2 chicken, no sides, no
dessert. I think it works out to about 3/4 lbs of flesh. I find it makes
for a easy lunch at work as it can be eaten nuked warm or icebox cold.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

A man in line at the bank kept falling over...when he got to a teller he
asked for his balance.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gloria P wrote:

> My first reaction was to say "What a nice compliment."
> Upon rereading, I'm wondering....
> ;-)
>
> gloria p

She works out with two lb hand weights every morning before getting
dressed. I lie in bed and admire the scenery. <BSEG>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 11:33:08 -0700, Blinky the Shark
> wrote:
>
>I've shot some cooking shows. One of them was a Mexican-cooking show,
>with a very small crew (and budget, except for food <g>) and no audience.
>It was also a nicely leisurely and laid-back gig. So after every show -
>and we did five a day - we sat down and ate the meal. Yeah, I gained
>some weight. But if you're gonna gain weight, that's the way to do it:
>you get professionally cooked food, you have no cleanup ... and you're
>getting *paid*.

sounds like a very nice gig, blinky.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 11:33:08 -0700, Blinky the Shark >
> wrote:
>>
>>I've shot some cooking shows. One of them was a Mexican-cooking show,
>>with a very small crew (and budget, except for food <g>) and no audience.
>>It was also a nicely leisurely and laid-back gig. So after every show -
>>and we did five a day - we sat down and ate the meal. Yeah, I gained
>>some weight. But if you're gonna gain weight, that's the way to do it:
>>you get professionally cooked food, you have no cleanup ... and you're
>>getting *paid*.

> sounds like a very nice gig, blinky.

Mucho Gusto

And that was also the name of the show.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jesse wrote:

> It is interesting to see people objectively discussing RR in this forum
> now -- a year ago she was considered the wicked witch of cooking here and
> would draw nothing but profanity..

I think those of us who can't stand her have decided it's useless
to argue about it. Different strokes, and all that....

gloria p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jesse wrote:

> It is interesting to see people objectively discussing RR in this forum
> now -- a year ago she was considered the wicked witch of cooking here and
> would draw nothing but profanity..

When you meet someone, you have a honeymoon period. Everything is
wonderful, then 6 months later, everything they say and do irritates the
crap out of you. I went through that with RR, and now she is okay. She
is not the best or the worst, she is just okay.

Becca

curious Stormmee Diabetic 78 08-08-2010 05:30 PM
Just curious Epiphany Preserving 4 06-08-2008 03:59 AM
Just curious luna the lurker[_1_] Mexican Cooking 4 22-02-2007 09:36 PM
curious [email protected] Vegetarian cooking 10 17-02-2005 12:16 AM