Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Does any remember...

Moira Furber? She was a grand English gal who posted here some years ago.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Friday, 04(IV)/18(XVIII)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
3.184...
> Moira Furber? She was a grand English gal who posted here some years ago.

The fact that you actually used the words "grand" and "gal" in a single
sentence is all the reason in the world I need for disliking you intensely.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cyberWITCH cackles:

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>
> 3.184...
>
> > Moira Furber? *She was a grand English gal who posted here some years ago.

> The fact that you actually used the words "grand" and "gal" in a single
> sentence is all the reason in the world I need for disliking you intensely..

Hey, Wayne, when cyberCRONE here gets done meeeeeeelting you can take
her witch's hat as a souvenir...

<snicker>

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri 18 Apr 2008 10:04:33a, Gregory Morrow told us...

> cyberWITCH cackles:
>
>> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>>
>> 3.184...
>>
>> > Moira Furber? *She was a grand English gal who posted here some years
>> > ago.

>> The fact that you actually used the words "grand" and "gal" in a single
>> sentence is all the reason in the world I need for disliking you

intensely
>> .

> Hey, Wayne, when cyberCRONE here gets done meeeeeeelting you can take
> her witch's hat as a souvenir...
>

> <snicker>
>

> --
> Best
> Greg

LOL! Unless a house falls on her first! <we should be so lucky> At
least, to my knoweldge, she doesn't have a fleet of flying monkeys. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright
Friday, 04(IV)/18(XVIII)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Memorial Day
5wks 2dys 13hrs 55mins
I've always maintained that one should
never tangle with anything that has
more teeth than the Osmond family.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Hey, Wayne, you can call me a "grand gal" any time you want. You can even
call me a "grand OLD gal"!

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Felice wrote:
> Hey, Wayne, you can call me a "grand gal" any time you want. You can even
> call me a "grand OLD gal"!
>
> Felice

I'd rather be called "grand" and "gal" than some of the other names
bandied about here by some.
You can keep the "old" though, 'k?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri 18 Apr 2008 11:41:06a, Felice told us...

> Hey, Wayne, you can call me a "grand gal" any time you want. You can even
> call me a "grand OLD gal"!
>
> Felice

Thanks, Felice! Sincerely, I consider calling Moira (or you) a "grand gal" a
compliment.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Friday, 04(IV)/18(XVIII)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Memorial Day
5wks 2dys 11hrs 45mins
I think you had better start lining
your hat with tinfoil.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
3.184...
> On Fri 18 Apr 2008 11:41:06a, Felice told us...
>
>> Hey, Wayne, you can call me a "grand gal" any time you want. You can even
>> call me a "grand OLD gal"!
>>
>> Felice

> Thanks, Felice! Sincerely, I consider calling Moira (or you) a "grand
> gal" a
> compliment.

And I consider it one!

Felice
a GOG and proud of it

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri 18 Apr 2008 01:34:45p, l, not -l told us...

> On 18-Apr-2008, Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>
>> Thanks, Felice! Sincerely, I consider calling Moira (or you) a "grand
>> gal" a
>> compliment.
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright

> Years from now, what descriptive term will you use when asking if anyone
> remembers cybercat? Just curious 8-)

Years from now, I doubt I'll have the vaguest recollection who/what
cybercat was.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Friday, 04(IV)/18(XVIII)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Memorial Day
5wks 2dys 10hrs 10mins
What's another word for 'thesaurus?'
-- Stephen Wright

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 14:41:06 -0400, "Felice" >
wrote:

>Hey, Wayne, you can call me a "grand gal" any time you want. You can even
>call me a "grand OLD gal"!
>
>Felice

I actually am one that thinks of this as a grand ol' compliment when
it is voiced this way. I can think of much worse things to be...

Christine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> 3.184...
>> Moira Furber? She was a grand English gal who posted here some years ago.
>>

> The fact that you actually used the words "grand" and "gal" in a single
> sentence is all the reason in the world I need for disliking you intensely.

I do remember her. I am so on-again-off-again with this group that I
can't hardly say from when or whence I remember her, but she was "grand"

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri 18 Apr 2008 02:29:32p, Christine Dabney told us...

> On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 14:41:06 -0400, "Felice" >
> wrote:
>
>>Hey, Wayne, you can call me a "grand gal" any time you want. You can even
>>call me a "grand OLD gal"!
>>
>>Felice
>>

> I actually am one that thinks of this as a grand ol' compliment when
> it is voiced this way. I can think of much worse things to be...
>
> Christine

Thanks, Christine. That was the spirit in which it was meant.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Friday, 04(IV)/18(XVIII)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Memorial Day
5wks 2dys 8hrs 55mins
Never send a monster to do the work of
an evil scientist.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Felice" > wrote in message
. ..
> Hey, Wayne, you can call me a "grand gal" any time you want. You can even
> call me a "grand OLD gal"!

Eyyuu.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"l, not -l" > wrote in message
t...

> On 18-Apr-2008, Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>
>> Thanks, Felice! Sincerely, I consider calling Moira (or you) a "grand
>> gal" a
>> compliment.
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright

> Years from now, what descriptive term will you use when asking if anyone
> remembers cybercat? Just curious 8-)

Don't be subtle, you pussy, say what you mean! Wayne is a pretentious turd.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"l, not -l" > wrote in message
t...

> On 18-Apr-2008, Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>
>> Thanks, Felice! Sincerely, I consider calling Moira (or you) a "grand
>> gal" a
>> compliment.

Now that Lyn has not posted for years, aren't you glad you have ME to feel
all morally superior to?

Always glad to provide a service. Bitch.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba38 wrote:
> Felice wrote:
>> Hey, Wayne, you can call me a "grand gal" any time you want. You can
>> even call me a "grand OLD gal"!
>>
>> Felice
>>

> I'd rather be called "grand" and "gal" than some of the other names
> bandied about here by some.
> You can keep the "old" though, 'k?

There has to be a certain amount of affection for someone to call another
person 'grand gal' Do you think anyone would use it for you??

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 14:41:06 -0400, "Felice" >
> wrote:
>
>> Hey, Wayne, you can call me a "grand gal" any time you want. You can
>> even call me a "grand OLD gal"!
>>
>> Felice
>>

> I actually am one that thinks of this as a grand ol' compliment when
> it is voiced this way. I can think of much worse things to be...

Quite so, Christine It is an affectionate term

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 19 Apr 2008 07:52:21a, Ophelia told us...

> Goomba38 wrote:
>> Felice wrote:
>>> Hey, Wayne, you can call me a "grand gal" any time you want. You can
>>> even call me a "grand OLD gal"!
>>>
>>> Felice
>>>

>> I'd rather be called "grand" and "gal" than some of the other names
>> bandied about here by some.
>> You can keep the "old" though, 'k?

> There has to be a certain amount of affection for someone to call another
> person 'grand gal' Do you think anyone would use it for you??

Ophela, you're certainly a "grand gal" in my book, but you already knew
that. ;-)

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 04(IV)/19(XIX)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> On Fri 18 Apr 2008 01:34:45p, l, not -l told us...
>

> > On 18-Apr-2008, Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

> >> Thanks, Felice! *Sincerely, I consider calling Moira (or you) a "grand
> >> gal" a
> >> compliment.

> >> --
> >> * * * * * * *Wayne Boatwright

> > Years from now, what descriptive term will you use when asking if anyone
> > remembers cybercat? *Just curious *8-)

> Years from now, I doubt I'll have the vaguest recollection who/what
> cybercat was.

We'll "remember" her whenever we see anything vaguely - or *not* so
vaguely - disgusting on the sidewalk or pavement...

;-p

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cyberwretch PANDERED:

> "l, not -l" > wrote in digy.net...
>

> > On 18-Apr-2008, Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

> >> Thanks, Felice! *Sincerely, I consider calling Moira (or you) a "grand
> >> gal" a
> >> compliment.

> Now that Lyn has not posted for years, aren't you glad you have ME to feel
> all morally superior to?

That's not *real* difficult to do, cyberpussy...feeling superiour to
you is about as natural as breathing, actually.

Thing is, we have to don biohazard suits to mask yer wretched stench,
heehee...

> Always glad to provide a service. *Bitch.

You're not even competition for a 25 cent whore, cyberpussy...

;-D

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 19 Apr 2008 09:35:18a, Gregory Morrow told us...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> On Fri 18 Apr 2008 01:34:45p, l, not -l told us...
>>

>> > On 18-Apr-2008, Wayne Boatwright >

wrote
>:

>> > Years from now, what descriptive term will you use when asking if

anyone

>> > remembers cybercat? *Just curious *8-)

>> Years from now, I doubt I'll have the vaguest recollection who/what
>> cybercat was.

> We'll "remember" her whenever we see anything vaguely - or *not* so
> vaguely - disgusting on the sidewalk or pavement...
>
> ;-p

You might be right. I saw someone's vomit on the sidewalk yesterday. Not
a pretty sight.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 04(IV)/19(XIX)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Memorial Day
5wks 1dys 14hrs 20mins
You took my breath away and now I want
it back.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Sat 19 Apr 2008 07:52:21a, Ophelia told us...
>
>> Goomba38 wrote:

>>> I'd rather be called "grand" and "gal" than some of the other names
>>> bandied about here by some.
>>> You can keep the "old" though, 'k?

>> There has to be a certain amount of affection for someone to call
>> another person 'grand gal' Do you think anyone would use it for
>> you??
>>

> Ophela, you're certainly a "grand gal" in my book, but you already
> knew that. ;-)

hugss)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Hey, Wayne, you can call me a "grand gal" any time you want. You can even
>call me a "grand OLD gal"!
>
>Felice

you're a magnificent old gal as far as i'm concerned.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> On Sat 19 Apr 2008 09:35:18a, Gregory Morrow told us...
>

> > Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> >> On Fri 18 Apr 2008 01:34:45p, l, not -l told us...

> wrote
> >:

> anyone

> >> Years from now, I doubt I'll have the vaguest recollection who/what
> >> cybercat was.

> > We'll "remember" her whenever we see anything vaguely - or *not* so
> > vaguely - disgusting on the sidewalk or pavement...

> > ;-p

> You might be right. *I saw someone's vomit on the sidewalk yesterday. *Not
> a pretty sight.

I see that too. One "infamous" wretch - up a few years ago down the
block - it was pizza I think - stained the sidewalk for several
years. Stomach acid can apparently etch/color concrete and survive
Chicago winters even...!!!

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 20:51:55 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Fri 18 Apr 2008 01:34:45p, l, not -l told us...
>

>> On 18-Apr-2008, Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks, Felice! Sincerely, I consider calling Moira (or you) a "grand
>>> gal" a
>>> compliment.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Wayne Boatwright

>> Years from now, what descriptive term will you use when asking if anyone
>> remembers cybercat? Just curious 8-)

>Years from now, I doubt I'll have the vaguest recollection who/what
>cybercat was.

regrettably, i think i'll remember greg's obsession with her ladyparts
until i die.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Wilder wrote:

> I do remember her. I am so on-again-off-again with this group that I
> can't hardly say from when or whence I remember her, but she was "grand"

There are a few people I miss; Carol, Omelet, Charlotte Blackmer,
Charles Gifford, blacksalt, Trillium, Barry Grau, Harry Demidavicius.

Does anyone remember Jimmy Tango or Jack Daniels?

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Becca wrote:
> Janet Wilder wrote:
>
>> I do remember her. I am so on-again-off-again with this group that I
>> can't hardly say from when or whence I remember her, but she was "grand"
>>

> There are a few people I miss; Carol, Omelet, Charlotte Blackmer,

Come to the Bay Area! Charlotte will bring you truffles and lemon
curd! :-)

Serene, gloating
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 14:41:06 -0400, "Felice" >
> wrote:
>
>>Hey, Wayne, you can call me a "grand gal" any time you want. You can even
>>call me a "grand OLD gal"!
>>
>>Felice
>>

> you're a magnificent old gal as far as i'm concerned.
>
> your pal,
> blake

Damn! That's about the finest compliment I've ever had! Thanks!

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Becca" > wrote in message
> Janet Wilder wrote:
>
>> I do remember her. I am so on-again-off-again with this group that I
>> can't hardly say from when or whence I remember her, but she was "grand"
>>

> There are a few people I miss; Carol, Omelet, Charlotte Blackmer, Charles
> Gifford, blacksalt, Trillium, Barry Grau, Harry Demidavicius.
>
> Does anyone remember Jimmy Tango or Jack Daniels?
>
> Becca

And Jack Schmidt, by whatever the day's name was.

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri 18 Apr 2008 02:56:14p, Janet Wilder told us...

> cybercat wrote:
>> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>> 3.184...
>>> Moira Furber? She was a grand English gal who posted here some years
>>> ago.
>>>

>> The fact that you actually used the words "grand" and "gal" in a single
>> sentence is all the reason in the world I need for disliking you
>> intensely.
>>

> I do remember her. I am so on-again-off-again with this group that I
> can't hardly say from when or whence I remember her, but she was "grand"

She had a lovely family, husband and two boys, and was working on her PhD
(and finished) in library science. Took a job at university level, I
believe, and her husband teaches computer science at the college, in
Cambridge, I think. I wonder if the job took her away from
Usenet...perhaps.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 04(IV)/19(XIX)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Memorial Day
5wks 1dys 14hrs
'I will always cherish the original
misconceptions I had about you.'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 11:59:29 -0500, Becca >
wrote:

>Does anyone remember Jimmy Tango

Yes, but not fondly

>or Jack Daniels?

No, but I remember Jack Schidt

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 19 Apr 2008 09:59:29a, Becca told us...

> Janet Wilder wrote:
>
>> I do remember her. I am so on-again-off-again with this group that I
>> can't hardly say from when or whence I remember her, but she was "grand"
>>

> There are a few people I miss; Carol, Omelet, Charlotte Blackmer,
> Charles Gifford, blacksalt, Trillium, Barry Grau, Harry Demidavicius.

I miss them, too.

> Does anyone remember Jimmy Tango or Jack Daniels?

Remembered, but not missed.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 04(IV)/19(XIX)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Memorial Day
5wks 1dys 13hrs 20mins
I lost a button hole today.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Becca wrote:
> Janet Wilder wrote:
>
>> I do remember her. I am so on-again-off-again with this group that I
>> can't hardly say from when or whence I remember her, but she was
>> "grand"

> There are a few people I miss; Carol, Omelet, Charlotte Blackmer,
> Charles Gifford, blacksalt, Trillium, Barry Grau, Harry Demidavicius.
>
> Does anyone remember Jimmy Tango or Jack Daniels?

Well so far as Omelet is concerned, I am in contact with her, but she is
around here from time to time.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 10:02:40 -0700, Serene >
wrote:

>Becca wrote:
>> Janet Wilder wrote:
>>
>>> I do remember her. I am so on-again-off-again with this group that I
>>> can't hardly say from when or whence I remember her, but she was "grand"
>>>

>> There are a few people I miss; Carol, Omelet, Charlotte Blackmer,

>Come to the Bay Area! Charlotte will bring you truffles and lemon
>curd! :-)
>
>Serene, gloating

I'm trying, really!!!

However, it is looking like it will be a bit more time before I will
be able to move back...maybe another year. When I DO get to move
back, I expect to see you all!!!!

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene wrote:
> Becca wrote:
>> Janet Wilder wrote:
>>
>>> I do remember her. I am so on-again-off-again with this group that I
>>> can't hardly say from when or whence I remember her, but she was "grand"
>>>

>> There are a few people I miss; Carol, Omelet, Charlotte Blackmer,

> Come to the Bay Area! Charlotte will bring you truffles and lemon curd! :-)
>
> Serene, gloating

How did you know... those are my two favorite things. lol

BTW, I made the Peanut Butter Cookies from recipe that you posted, and I
used Splenda. They were wonderful.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Becca wrote:
> Serene wrote:
>> Becca wrote:

>>> There are a few people I miss; Carol, Omelet, Charlotte Blackmer,

>> Come to the Bay Area! Charlotte will bring you truffles and lemon curd! :-)
>>
>> Serene, gloating

> How did you know... those are my two favorite things. lol

Aren't they everyone's? ;-)

(I can take chocolate or leave it, but truffles are like
chocolate-flavored cream (or butter, even), and I LOVE cream/butter. :-)

> BTW, I made the Peanut Butter Cookies from recipe that you posted, and I
> used Splenda. They were wonderful.

Oh, that's so great to know! I'm gonna try them on my diabetic
partner. :-)

Serene
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 13:03:17 -0400, "Felice" >
wrote:

>"blake murphy" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 14:41:06 -0400, "Felice" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Hey, Wayne, you can call me a "grand gal" any time you want. You can even
>>>call me a "grand OLD gal"!
>>>
>>>Felice
>>>

>> you're a magnificent old gal as far as i'm concerned.
>>
>> your pal,
>> blake

>Damn! That's about the finest compliment I've ever had! Thanks!
>
>Felice

any old time, honey.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Janet Wilder wrote:
>
>> I do remember her. I am so on-again-off-again with this group that I
>> can't hardly say from when or whence I remember her, but she was "grand"
>>

>There are a few people I miss; Carol, Omelet, Charlotte Blackmer,
>Charles Gifford, blacksalt, Trillium, Barry Grau, Harry Demidavicius.
>
>Does anyone remember Jimmy Tango or Jack Daniels?
>
>Becca

i killfiled jimmy tango right quick. i remember (and miss) most of
the others you mentioned.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 13:04:27 -0400, "Felice" >
wrote:

>"Becca" > wrote in message
>> Janet Wilder wrote:
>>
>>> I do remember her. I am so on-again-off-again with this group that I
>>> can't hardly say from when or whence I remember her, but she was "grand"
>>>

>> There are a few people I miss; Carol, Omelet, Charlotte Blackmer, Charles
>> Gifford, blacksalt, Trillium, Barry Grau, Harry Demidavicius.
>>
>> Does anyone remember Jimmy Tango or Jack Daniels?
>>
>> Becca

>And Jack Schmidt, by whatever the day's name was.
>
>Felice

i forgot to mention jack. god, i miss him! (it was 'jack schidt,'
though.)

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 13:04:27 -0400, "Felice" >
> wrote:

>>> There are a few people I miss; Carol, Omelet, Charlotte Blackmer,
>>> Charles
>>> Gifford, blacksalt, Trillium, Barry Grau, Harry Demidavicius.
>>>
>>> Does anyone remember Jimmy Tango or Jack Daniels?
>>>
>>> Becca

>>And Jack Schmidt, by whatever the day's name was.
>>
>>Felice
>>

> i forgot to mention jack. god, i miss him! (it was 'jack schidt,'
> though.)
>
> your pal,
> blake

I stand corrected. Perhaps it was the hidden puritan in me that tucked that
"m" in there.

Felice