Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Clever product placement

Not the tv/movie kind, the real life kind.

We went to the Philadelphia Flower Show yesterday, determined
that we'd have a cheese steak next door at Reading Terminal Market
before we headed home.

When you walk in, there are maybe three steps up. This
fact means you are immediately eye level with a bakery
display holding delicious looking and smelling sticky buns.
Everyone swooned.

Got the cheese steak (provolone for me), a couple pounds of
coffee, and on the way out, a package of those sticky buns,
you know it.

Between the coffee and the buns, you know what I had for
breakfast.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> We went to the Philadelphia Flower Show yesterday, determined
> that we'd have a cheese steak next door at Reading Terminal Market
> before we headed home.

The best cheese steak sandwich I ever bought, was at the Reading
Terminal Market. When I go back, I will avoid the Amish corner that is
full of Whoopie Pies, pastries and hot, home made pretzels. Too yummy
for my diet!

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Becca" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> We went to the Philadelphia Flower Show yesterday, determined
>> that we'd have a cheese steak next door at Reading Terminal Market
>> before we headed home.

> The best cheese steak sandwich I ever bought, was at the Reading Terminal
> Market.

They are losing their lease. Rick's cheese steaks? That's where
I ate.

> When I go back, I will avoid the Amish corner that is full of Whoopie
> Pies, pastries and hot, home made pretzels. Too yummy for my diet!

That's the place! Right there in the corner. They should pay
extra for that spot. I saw the whoopie pies, too.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> Between the coffee and the buns, you know what I had for
> breakfast.

coffee buns

omelet

An omelet!

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Becca wrote:

> Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> We went to the Philadelphia Flower Show yesterday, determined
>> that we'd have a cheese steak next door at Reading Terminal Market
>> before we headed home.

> The best cheese steak sandwich I ever bought, was at the Reading
> Terminal Market. When I go back, I will avoid the Amish corner that is
> full of Whoopie Pies, pastries and hot, home made pretzels. Too yummy
> for my diet!

Whoopie pies? Hey, I think I saw on of those in "American Pie"...

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
news
> Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> Between the coffee and the buns, you know what I had for
>> breakfast.

> coffee buns
>
> omelet
>

> An omelet!

How'd you guess!? (laugh)

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blinky the Shark wrote:

>> The best cheese steak sandwich I ever bought, was at the Reading
>> Terminal Market. When I go back, I will avoid the Amish corner that is
>> full of Whoopie Pies, pastries and hot, home made pretzels. Too yummy
>> for my diet!

> Whoopie pies? Hey, I think I saw on of those in "American Pie"...

LOL... gives new meaning to apple pie, eh?
I have a box of Moon Pies (small ones) in the cupboard...for after the
Girl Scout cookies run out. LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue 04 Mar 2008 07:40:01p, Goomba38 told us...

> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>
>>> The best cheese steak sandwich I ever bought, was at the Reading
>>> Terminal Market. When I go back, I will avoid the Amish corner that is
>>> full of Whoopie Pies, pastries and hot, home made pretzels. Too yummy
>>> for my diet!

>> Whoopie pies? Hey, I think I saw on of those in "American Pie"...
>>

> LOL... gives new meaning to apple pie, eh?
> I have a box of Moon Pies (small ones) in the cupboard...for after the
> Girl Scout cookies run out. LOL

Well, you are prepared, aren't ya girl? :-)))

--
Wayne Boatwright
Tuesday, 03(III)/04(IV)/08(MMVIII)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba38 > wrote in
:

> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>
>>> The best cheese steak sandwich I ever bought, was at the Reading
>>> Terminal Market. When I go back, I will avoid the Amish corner that

is
>>> full of Whoopie Pies, pastries and hot, home made pretzels. Too

yummy
>>> for my diet!

>> Whoopie pies? Hey, I think I saw on of those in "American Pie"...
>>

> LOL... gives new meaning to apple pie, eh?
> I have a box of Moon Pies (small ones)

LOL!!

Full moon? (Shaped like a cute little ass :-)

> in the cupboard...for after the
> Girl Scout cookies run out. LOL

Did you know that Girl Scouts are amongst the most lethal killers in the
whole world??

They kill something like 30,000 people every year with their cookies!!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Wars begin where you will...
but they do not end where you please.

Machiavelli
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message

> Got the cheese steak (provolone for me), a couple pounds of
> coffee, and on the way out, a package of those sticky buns,
> you know it.
>
> Between the coffee and the buns, you know what I had for
> breakfast.

Since moving away from Philly some years ago, the only decent sticky buns I
get now are when I can get my wife to make them (maybe once a year). Used
to be every bakery in Philly made good ones with either raisins or nuts.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote

> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
>>
>> Got the cheese steak (provolone for me), a couple pounds of
>> coffee, and on the way out, a package of those sticky buns,
>> you know it.
>>
>> Between the coffee and the buns, you know what I had for
>> breakfast.

> Since moving away from Philly some years ago, the only decent sticky buns
> I get now are when I can get my wife to make them (maybe once a year).
> Used to be every bakery in Philly made good ones with either raisins or
> nuts.

Funny you say that, the first package I picked up had raisins ...
I didn't notice until I was about to pay for them. Not expected.
I went back for the buns with nuts.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba38 wrote:

> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>
>>> The best cheese steak sandwich I ever bought, was at the Reading
>>> Terminal Market. When I go back, I will avoid the Amish corner that is
>>> full of Whoopie Pies, pastries and hot, home made pretzels. Too yummy
>>> for my diet!

>> Whoopie pies? Hey, I think I saw on of those in "American Pie"...
>>

> LOL... gives new meaning to apple pie, eh?
> I have a box of Moon Pies (small ones) in the cupboard...for after the
> Girl Scout cookies run out. LOL

So we've gone from "American Pie"'s whoopie pie to moon pies. This
continues to not be pretty.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message

> So we've gone from "American Pie"'s whoopie pie to moon pies. This
> continues to not be pretty.

Yes, let's get back to Nancy's sticky buns

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message

> Funny you say that, the first package I picked up had raisins ...
> I didn't notice until I was about to pay for them. Not expected.
> I went back for the buns with nuts.
>
> nancy

Raisin version is my favorite. Here is a recipe that was posted on this
newsgroup a few years ago. I lost the attribution though.

Philadelphia Cinnamon Buns

Yield: 14 Buns

Ingredients:

3 1/2 c Flour
1 TB Dry active yeast
1/4 c Tepid water

1/2 c Sugar (approx.)
1/2 Ts Salt
1 c Tepid milk
2 Egg yolks

6 TB Butter, melted
1 1/2 c Light brown sugar
1/2 c Light corn syrup
1/2 c Seedless raisins (I like More)
2 ts Cinnamon

Pour the tepid water into a bowl and sprinkle yeast and 1 tsp. sugar over
it.

Let stand for 2 – 3 minutes, then stir well. Set in warm place for 5
minutes to proof.

Combine 3 cups of the flour, 1/2 cup of sugar and salt in a bowl. Add the
yeast mixture, egg yolks and tepid milk.

With a large spoon, slowly mix the ingredients and continue to stir until
the dough is smooth and can be gathered in a ball. Place the ball on a
lightly floured surface and knead it.

As you knead, sprinkle flour over it by the spoon full adding up to 1/2 cup
more flour if necessary, to make a firm dough. Continue to knead for 10
minutes, or until the dough is smooth, shinny and elastic.

Place the dough in a greased bowl, turning once. Drape the bowl with a
kitchen towel and put it in a warm place for about an hour, or until doubled
in volume.

In a small bowl, mix 3/4 cup of the brown sugar, 2 TB melted butter and the
corn syrup to make a smooth paste. Pour the mixture into two 9 inch round
cake pans, tipping pans to spread it evenly.

In another bowl, mix remaining brown sugar, raisins and cinnamon until well
blended, set aside. Punch the dough down, and on a lightly floured surface,
roll it out into an 18 x 10 inch rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick. Brush the
dough with 2 TB melted butter and sprinkle evenly with raisin-sugar mixture.

Starting at one long side, roll the dough tightly into a cylinder about 18
inches long and 2 1/2 inches in diameter. Then, with a sharp knife, slice
the cylinder crosswise into 14 rounds about 11/4 inches thick. Place one
slice, cut side up, in the center of sugared cake pan, and arrange the
remaining slices in circles of 6 around each center slice. Set the buns in a
draft free place to rise for about 45 minutes or until double in volume.

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Brush the tops of the buns with the remaining 2
TB melted butter and bake in center of oven for about 25 minutes or until
golden brown. Place a place over each cake pan, and invert. Let cinnamon
buns cool to luke warm before serving.

The most decadent cinnamon buns around!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote

> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
>>
>> Funny you say that, the first package I picked up had raisins ...
>> I didn't notice until I was about to pay for them. Not expected.
>> I went back for the buns with nuts.

> Raisin version is my favorite. Here is a recipe that was posted on this
> newsgroup a few years ago. I lost the attribution though.

Thanks! I will try these, soon. About the raisins, I have nothing
against them, but it was the nut variety that just about hit me in
the face when I walked in, I had to have those. Also, I don't really
think I have seen them with raisins before.

Appreciate the recipe.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
. ..
> Not the tv/movie kind, the real life kind.
>
> We went to the Philadelphia Flower Show yesterday, determined
> that we'd have a cheese steak next door at Reading Terminal Market
> before we headed home.
>
> When you walk in, there are maybe three steps up. This
> fact means you are immediately eye level with a bakery
> display holding delicious looking and smelling sticky buns.
> Everyone swooned.
>
> Got the cheese steak (provolone for me), a couple pounds of
> coffee, and on the way out, a package of those sticky buns,
> you know it.
>
> Between the coffee and the buns, you know what I had for
> breakfast.
>
> nancy

Clever aren't they? Tonight I went walking on the beach, and on the way back to the
truck I cut through Belmont, which is a small amusement park in Mission Beach. I
noticed that at the ice cream stand the girl was making fresh waffle cones. Why did I
notice? Not because I could see, because at the point, from my angle, I really
couldn't. But the girl had a fan placed directly in front of the waffle maker
pointing out the window. You could smell that sweet scent for 50 yards

kimberly

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Becca" > wrote
>
>> Nancy Young wrote:
>>
>>> We went to the Philadelphia Flower Show yesterday, determined
>>> that we'd have a cheese steak next door at Reading Terminal Market
>>> before we headed home.

>> The best cheese steak sandwich I ever bought, was at the Reading Terminal
>> Market.

> They are losing their lease. Rick's cheese steaks? That's where
> I ate.
>
>> When I go back, I will avoid the Amish corner that is full of Whoopie
>> Pies, pastries and hot, home made pretzels. Too yummy for my diet!

> That's the place! Right there in the corner. They should pay
> extra for that spot. I saw the whoopie pies, too.

I LOVE (good) whoopie pies. The best ones I've ever had I got at the Reading
Terminal Market. The Amish know how to make 'em right.

And one of the worst cheesesteaks I've ever had I also got at the Reading
Terminal Market--at the Pat's Cheesesteaks there.

Mary

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

> "Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
>>
>> So we've gone from "American Pie"'s whoopie pie to moon pies. This
>> continues to not be pretty.
>>

> Yes, let's get back to Nancy's sticky buns

Good point -- we've scored a hat trick with this.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in
:

> "Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote
>
>> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Got the cheese steak (provolone for me), a couple pounds of
>>> coffee, and on the way out, a package of those sticky buns,
>>> you know it.
>>>
>>> Between the coffee and the buns, you know what I had for
>>> breakfast.

>> Since moving away from Philly some years ago, the only decent sticky
>> buns I get now are when I can get my wife to make them (maybe once a
>> year). Used to be every bakery in Philly made good ones with either
>> raisins or nuts.

> Funny you say that, the first package I picked up had raisins ...
> I didn't notice until I was about to pay for them. Not expected.
> I went back for the buns with nuts.
>
> nancy

You're my kinda gal you like buns and nuts.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

A man in line at the bank kept falling over...when he got to a teller he
asked for his balance.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 06:30:47 GMT, hahabogus > wrote:

>You're my kinda gal you like buns and nuts.

Yeah, but I have THAT cookbook....

Christine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney > wrote in
:

> On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 06:30:47 GMT, hahabogus > wrote:
>

>>You're my kinda gal you like buns and nuts.

> Yeah, but I have THAT cookbook....
>
> Christine

and the devil in your eyes...you sweet young thing you...

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

A man in line at the bank kept falling over...when he got to a teller he
asked for his balance.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Nancy Young" > wrote:

> the face when I walked in, I had to have those. Also, I don't really
> think I have seen them with raisins before.

> nancy

Don't let them suck you in, Nancy. Raisins are a perversion in baked
goods.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com; I Think I've Seen it All, 2/24/2008
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote

> "Nancy Young" > wrote:
>
>> the face when I walked in, I had to have those. Also, I don't really
>> think I have seen them with raisins before.

> Don't let them suck you in, Nancy. Raisins are a perversion in baked
> goods.

(laugh!) You know I'm no baker, I wasn't aware of the rule.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >,
> "Nancy Young" > wrote:
>
>> the face when I walked in, I had to have those. Also, I don't really
>> think I have seen them with raisins before.

>> nancy

> Don't let them suck you in, Nancy. Raisins are a perversion in baked
> goods.

YESSSSSSSSSSS! Cooked raisins are NASTY.

gloria p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

:

>> Raisins are a perversion in baked
>> goods.
>>

>Finally something we agree upon.

what do you have against perverts?

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 19:52:19 GMT, Puester >
wrote:

>Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> In article >,
>> "Nancy Young" > wrote:
>>
>>> the face when I walked in, I had to have those. Also, I don't really
>>> think I have seen them with raisins before.

>>> nancy

>> Don't let them suck you in, Nancy. Raisins are a perversion in baked
>> goods.

>YESSSSSSSSSSS! Cooked raisins are NASTY.
>
>gloria p

raisin toast: the deviant at the breakfast table.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> "Becca" > wrote
>
>> Nancy Young wrote:
>>
>>> We went to the Philadelphia Flower Show yesterday, determined
>>> that we'd have a cheese steak next door at Reading Terminal Market
>>> before we headed home.

>> The best cheese steak sandwich I ever bought, was at the Reading Terminal
>> Market.

> They are losing their lease. Rick's cheese steaks? That's where
> I ate.
>
>> When I go back, I will avoid the Amish corner that is full of Whoopie
>> Pies, pastries and hot, home made pretzels. Too yummy for my diet!

> That's the place! Right there in the corner. They should pay
> extra for that spot. I saw the whoopie pies, too.
>
> nancy

Sorry to hear that Rick's is losing their lease. Right now I would love
one of their sandwiches, but I will settle for a cheese steak omelet
instead.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Becca wrote:

> Sorry to hear that Rick's is losing their lease. Right now I would love

I hear they're moving to some place in Morocco.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

>> Sorry to hear that Rick's is losing their lease. Right now I would love

> I hear they're moving to some place in Morocco.

play it once, blinky, for old times sake.
we'll always have paris

joe

i spent two days in casablanca, wonderful movie, a trully industrial town.
morocco is cool, casablanca is not.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 19:52:19 GMT, Puester >
> wrote:
>
>> Melba's Jammin' wrote:

>>> Don't let them suck you in, Nancy. Raisins are a perversion in baked
>>> goods.

>> YESSSSSSSSSSS! Cooked raisins are NASTY.
>>
>> gloria p

> raisin toast: the deviant at the breakfast table.
>
> your pal,
> blake

It's only palatable if slathered with cream cheese....

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 17:21:55 GMT, blake murphy >
fired up random neurons and synapses to opine:

>raisin toast: the deviant at the breakfast table.

There is only one "raisin toast" acceptable in the lamentable history
of "raisin toast" and that is *cinnamon* raisin toast as produced at
Waffle Houses across (mostly) the southern US. Sadly, the closest
Waffle House to me is roughly 350 miles away in Phoenix. <sigh> The
delicious-ity of those cinnamon raisin toasts is a Guilty Pleasure
from childhood. The last time I had one was a few years ago in nothern
Florida <sniff!>

And whatever happened to Toddle Houses? We had one near us when I was
a wee girl in Tampa FL, when I learned to love synthetic chocolate
cream pie...until I tasted *real* chocolate cream pie.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

-- Duncan Hines

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 20:42:26 -0800, Terry Pulliam Burd
> wrote:

>And whatever happened to Toddle Houses? We had one near us when I was
>a wee girl in Tampa FL, when I learned to love synthetic chocolate
>cream pie...until I tasted *real* chocolate cream pie.

Oh, now you are talking my language. I loved Toddle House. I liked the
hamburgers..and the hash browns..and the pies. Oh, the pies.

Nothin' like them.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 20:42:26 -0800, Terry Pulliam Burd
> wrote:

>On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 17:21:55 GMT, blake murphy >
>fired up random neurons and synapses to opine:
>
>>raisin toast: the deviant at the breakfast table.

>There is only one "raisin toast" acceptable in the lamentable history
>of "raisin toast" and that is *cinnamon* raisin toast as produced at
>Waffle Houses across (mostly) the southern US.

The only cinnamon raisin toast I've ever known about is toasted
cinnamon raisin bread.... toasted in my own toaster. I had no idea
this was considered a restaurant breakfast treat!

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 20:42:26 -0800, Terry Pulliam Burd
> > wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 17:21:55 GMT, blake murphy >
>>fired up random neurons and synapses to opine:
>>
>>>raisin toast: the deviant at the breakfast table.

>>There is only one "raisin toast" acceptable in the lamentable history
>>of "raisin toast" and that is *cinnamon* raisin toast as produced at
>>Waffle Houses across (mostly) the southern US.

> The only cinnamon raisin toast I've ever known about is toasted
> cinnamon raisin bread.... toasted in my own toaster. I had no idea
> this was considered a restaurant breakfast treat!

Used to have that outta the toaster at home when I was a yoot. Good, but
certainly common. I was not aware it was or would be associated with some
chain.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 21:08:55 -0800, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

>On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 20:42:26 -0800, Terry Pulliam Burd
> wrote:
>

>>And whatever happened to Toddle Houses? We had one near us when I was
>>a wee girl in Tampa FL, when I learned to love synthetic chocolate
>>cream pie...until I tasted *real* chocolate cream pie.
>>

>Oh, now you are talking my language. I loved Toddle House. I liked the
>hamburgers..and the hash browns..and the pies. Oh, the pies.
>
>Nothin' like them.

Some people swoon over Marie Callendar's pies.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu 06 Mar 2008 09:42:26p, Terry Pulliam Burd told us...

> On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 17:21:55 GMT, blake murphy >
> fired up random neurons and synapses to opine:
>
>>raisin toast: the deviant at the breakfast table.

> There is only one "raisin toast" acceptable in the lamentable history
> of "raisin toast" and that is *cinnamon* raisin toast as produced at
> Waffle Houses across (mostly) the southern US. Sadly, the closest
> Waffle House to me is roughly 350 miles away in Phoenix. <sigh> The
> delicious-ity of those cinnamon raisin toasts is a Guilty Pleasure
> from childhood. The last time I had one was a few years ago in nothern
> Florida <sniff!>

We love Waffle House's raisin toast, and pecan waffles "well done" and
crispy. The closest one is about 3 miles from my house.

> And whatever happened to Toddle Houses? We had one near us when I was
> a wee girl in Tampa FL, when I learned to love synthetic chocolate
> cream pie...until I tasted *real* chocolate cream pie.

We lived in Memphis for a spell when I was growing up. I loved Toddle
House's chocolate cream pie, and it was sometimes a forbidden treat in a
stolen moment on the bike ride home from school. Years later we found one
lone Toddle House in Memphis. The restaurant and the pie had changed, and
the pie was horible.

If you like chocolate cream pie (who doesn't), then you must try this one.
I think it's the best I've ever had. Be sure and cook the filling until it
is thick enough to stand a spoon up in it. :-)

* Exported from MasterCook *

Ghirardelli Chocolate Cream Pie

Recipe By : Adapted by Wayne Boatwright
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Pies, Desserts

1 1/2 cups Milk
1 1/2 cups Half and Half
6 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
1 cup Ghirardelli Ground Chocolate -- + 2 Tablespoons
6 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
6 tablespoons Cornstarch
1 Pinch Salt
5 Egg Yolks
1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
9 inch Baked Pie Shell
1/2 pint Heavy Cream
2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
1 Semisweet Chocolate Square

TRADITIONAL METHOD:

In double boiler, scald milk and half & half with butter. Blend Ground
Chocolate with sugar, cornstarch and salt. Using a wire whip, beat
chocolate mixture into hot milk. Stir constantly for 5 minutes, or until
filling begins to thicken. Mix a small amount of hot filling with egg
yolks, then pour yolks into filling. Continue cooking a few minutes,
stirring, until thick enough to hold a firm shape. Add vanilla. Pour into
baked pie shell. Chill several hours or overnight.

MICROWAVE METHOD:

In microwave at power level 6 or 7 (60-70% power), in 2-quart casserole,
scald milk and half & half with butter. Blend Ground Chocolate with sugar,
cornstarch and salt. Using a wire whisk, beat chocolate mixture into hot
milk. In a small bowl beat egg yolks until light, then beat into milk and
chocolate mixture. Continue cooking at power level 6 or 7 for approximately
8 minutes, beating thoroughly after each minute, or until thick enough to
hold a firm shape. Add vanilla, beating thoroughly. Pour into baked pie
shell. Chill several hours or overnight.

In a chilled bowl with chilled beaters, beat heavy cream with sugar until
very stiff. Spread over chocolate filling.

Using a vegetable peeler or sharp knife, make chocolate curls with
chocolate square and scatter over whipped cream.

"Adapted from Ghirardelli Original Chocolate Cookbook"
Yield:
"1 Pie"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTES :
There is no substitute for the Ghirardelli Ground Chocolate, and this pie
cannot be made successfully with cocoa.

It is very important to stir filling frequently while cooking, especially
near end of cooking. If the filling should become lumpy, quickly press
through fine sieve before pouring into pie shell.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Thursday, 03(III)/06(VI)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu 06 Mar 2008 10:09:07p, told us...

> On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 20:42:26 -0800, Terry Pulliam Burd
> > wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 17:21:55 GMT, blake murphy >
>>fired up random neurons and synapses to opine:
>>
>>>raisin toast: the deviant at the breakfast table.

>>There is only one "raisin toast" acceptable in the lamentable history
>>of "raisin toast" and that is *cinnamon* raisin toast as produced at
>>Waffle Houses across (mostly) the southern US.

> The only cinnamon raisin toast I've ever known about is toasted
> cinnamon raisin bread.... toasted in my own toaster. I had no idea
> this was considered a restaurant breakfast treat!

You've probably never been to a Waffle House. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright
Thursday, 03(III)/06(VI)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Memorial Day
11wks 3dys 25mins
It's as easy as
3.14159265358979323846264338327950...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article 4>,
Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

> You've probably never been to a Waffle House. :-)

I'm getting the picture that Waffle Houses are dives, but when Rob and I
were in Tucson a few years ago we were near one and enjoyed good service
and edible breakfasts a couple times. They didn't lack for customers,
either. (Maybe because there were 2-4 motels within walking distance.)
I had grits. :-)

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com; I Think I've Seen it All, 2/24/2008
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri 07 Mar 2008 07:19:20a, Melba's Jammin' told us...

> In article 4>,
> Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>
>> You've probably never been to a Waffle House. :-)

> I'm getting the picture that Waffle Houses are dives, but when Rob and I
> were in Tucson a few years ago we were near one and enjoyed good service
> and edible breakfasts a couple times. They didn't lack for customers,
> either. (Maybe because there were 2-4 motels within walking distance.)
> I had grits. :-)

No moreso than places like White Castle, Royal Castle, the "old" Toddle
House, etc. Depends largely on the location. The one near us is really
very nice. There is only one motel nearby, but there are numerous snowbird
parks in the area.

> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> http://www.jamlady.eboard.com; I Think I've Seen it All, 2/24/2008