Terry

Default Burner Placement Question

Hello all:

Looking at buying a new gas grill. Is the front & rear burner
arrangement better that side by side or the other way around.

I would think that side by side is better for slow cooking with
indirect heat.

Thanks in advance!
Steve Calvin

Terry wrote:
> Hello all:
>
> Looking at buying a new gas grill. Is the front & rear burner
> arrangement better that side by side or the other way around.
>
> I would think that side by side is better for slow cooking with
> indirect heat.
>
> Thanks in advance!

I've had no problem with the three burner Weber which has the front to
rear setup. Just turn on the front burner and it works fine for indirect.

--
Steve

Steve Calvin

Terry wrote:
> Hello all:
>
> Looking at buying a new gas grill. Is the front & rear burner
> arrangement better that side by side or the other way around.
>
> I would think that side by side is better for slow cooking with
> indirect heat.
>
> Thanks in advance!

I've had no problem with the three burner Weber which has the front to
rear setup. Just turn on the front burner and it works fine for indirect.

--
Steve

Jason in Dallas

"Terry" > wrote in message
> Hello all:
>
> Looking at buying a new gas grill. Is the front & rear burner
> arrangement better that side by side or the other way around.
>
> I would think that side by side is better for slow cooking with
> indirect heat

get the weber if you cannot afford a $1500+ grill

EOD

Jason in Dallas

"Terry" > wrote in message
> Hello all:
>
> Looking at buying a new gas grill. Is the front & rear burner
> arrangement better that side by side or the other way around.
>
> I would think that side by side is better for slow cooking with
> indirect heat

get the weber if you cannot afford a $1500+ grill

EOD

pilgrim13

"Jason in Dallas" > wrote in message news

> get the weber if you cannot afford a $1500+ grill

Just think of all the beer and meat you could get with the leftover $900.00

Stan
pilgrim13

"Jason in Dallas" > wrote in message news

> get the weber if you cannot afford a $1500+ grill

Just think of all the beer and meat you could get with the leftover $900.00

Stan
Wayne

Terry > wrote in
:

> Hello all:
>
> Looking at buying a new gas grill. Is the front & rear burner
> arrangement better that side by side or the other way around.
>
> I would think that side by side is better for slow cooking with
> indirect heat.
>
> Thanks in advance!

We had a Weber with 3 burners - front, middle, and rear. This grill was
always a joy to cook on no matter what we were cooking. We used the rear
burner for slow cooking.

Last summer we bought a Brinkman Pro with 4 burners - left to right. For
high temp cooking we can reach and sustain a higher temperature 650-700°F
that we could rarely approach with the Weber. Our best high temp with
Weber was about 550° F.

As far as slow cooking, the Brinkman has been easier to adjust and
maintain the 225 or 250°F. we prefer. I think we've also gained a bit
more room, since I only use one of the side-positioned burners. That
leaves 3/4 of the cooking surface available for indirect heat. With the
Weber, only 2/3 was indirect.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

If there's a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it.
Wayne

Terry > wrote in
: