sf

Default Ping: Serene - map placement

Hey - you put yourself in Benecia.... so where are you really?
Christine Dabney

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 21:05:26 -0700, sf > wrote:

>Hey - you put yourself in Benecia.... so where are you really?

And I see Terry put herself somewhere in the wilds of southern
CA...not anywhere near Laguna Niguel....

Do you guys want me to delete so you can start over, and zoom in
BEFORE placing a marker?

Christine
jmcquown

Christine Dabney wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 21:05:26 -0700, sf > wrote:
>

>> Hey - you put yourself in Benecia.... so where are you really?

> And I see Terry put herself somewhere in the wilds of southern
> CA...not anywhere near Laguna Niguel....
>
> Do you guys want me to delete so you can start over, and zoom in
> BEFORE placing a marker?
>
> Christine

I've discovered it's far easier to use the mouse to just drag the map to the
center than to use those arrows... but you still have to (so far) use the
slider to zoom in. For those who have intensive firewalls... turn them off
otherwise this won't work! I've given that advice to two folks so far with
good results. Note: remember to turn your firewalls back on.

Jill

Wayne Boatwright

On Wed 24 Aug 2005 02:27:02a, jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Christine Dabney wrote:
>> On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 21:05:26 -0700, sf > wrote:
>>

>>> Hey - you put yourself in Benecia.... so where are you really?

>> And I see Terry put herself somewhere in the wilds of southern
>> CA...not anywhere near Laguna Niguel....
>>
>> Do you guys want me to delete so you can start over, and zoom in
>> BEFORE placing a marker?
>>
>> Christine

> I've discovered it's far easier to use the mouse to just drag the map to
> the center than to use those arrows... but you still have to (so far)
> use the slider to zoom in. For those who have intensive firewalls...
> turn them off otherwise this won't work! I've given that advice to two
> folks so far with good results. Note: remember to turn your firewalls
> back on.
>
> Jill

I got to the right street, but not to the right house. It doesn't matter
much, as we're still planning our move before the end of the year. Delays,
delays, delays...

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four,
unless there are three other people.
jmcquown

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Wed 24 Aug 2005 02:27:02a, jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> Christine Dabney wrote:

>>> And I see Terry put herself somewhere in the wilds of southern
>>> CA...not anywhere near Laguna Niguel....
>>>
>>> Do you guys want me to delete so you can start over, and zoom in
>>> BEFORE placing a marker?
>>>
>>> Christine

>> I've discovered it's far easier to use the mouse to just drag the
>> map to the center than to use those arrows... but you still have to
>> (so far) use the slider to zoom in. For those who have intensive
>> firewalls... turn them off otherwise this won't work! I've given
>> that advice to two folks so far with good results. Note: remember
>> to turn your firewalls back on.
>>
>> Jill

> I got to the right street, but not to the right house. It doesn't
> matter much, as we're still planning our move before the end of the
> year. Delays, delays, delays...

Where ya going? New house? Building a house? Back east? I keep dreaming
of moving but it's not going to happen any time soon.

Jill

Wayne Boatwright

On Wed 24 Aug 2005 09:59:23a, jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>>> I've discovered it's far easier to use the mouse to just drag the
>>> map to the center than to use those arrows... but you still have to
>>> (so far) use the slider to zoom in. For those who have intensive
>>> firewalls... turn them off otherwise this won't work! I've given
>>> that advice to two folks so far with good results. Note: remember
>>> to turn your firewalls back on.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> I got to the right street, but not to the right house. It doesn't
>> matter much, as we're still planning our move before the end of the
>> year. Delays, delays, delays...

> Where ya going? New house? Building a house? Back east? I keep
> dreaming of moving but it's not going to happen any time soon.
>
> Jill

Not very far. We've had repeatedly problems on securing land and getting
the house plans to work on various plots. The most current property we're
hoping to get is only 1.1 miles from where we're at now. Our original
target date was in September. We'll be lucky now if it's December.
Luckily, they can easily build year 'round out here.

The housing and land market has gone completely insane in AZ. Many
properties are being sold via lotteries. Where the national housing
incrase for last year was around 13%, AZ was 43%.

At this rate you might move before we do! :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
sf

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 11:59:23 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

> Where ya going? New house? Building a house? Back east? I keep dreaming
> of moving but it's not going to happen any time soon.

If I remember correctly... they are building.
Christine Dabney

On 24 Aug 2005 14:05:42 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
>I got to the right street, but not to the right house. It doesn't matter
>much, as we're still planning our move before the end of the year. Delays,
>delays, delays...

I found out that if you turn on the satellite or hybrid view, you can
pretty much pinpoint your house. It doesn't always work though, as
some places haven't really been mapped yet for the imagery.

Christine
Bob

Christine wrote:

> I found out that if you turn on the satellite or hybrid view, you can
> pretty much pinpoint your house. It doesn't always work though, as
> some places haven't really been mapped yet for the imagery.

In some places, the image resolution has been deliberately reduced. My town
used to be home to a missile silo, so the satellite image of the town has
been reduced to a bunch of solid blocks of color.

Bob

sf

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 14:45:00 -0600, Christine Dabney wrote:

> On 24 Aug 2005 14:05:42 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
> >I got to the right street, but not to the right house. It doesn't matter
> >much, as we're still planning our move before the end of the year. Delays,
> >delays, delays...

> I found out that if you turn on the satellite or hybrid view, you can
> pretty much pinpoint your house. It doesn't always work though, as
> some places haven't really been mapped yet for the imagery.

That's the "price" of moving into a new development!

ping: Serene Bobo Bonobo® General Cooking 4 30-03-2009 05:06 AM
PING: Serene Wayne Boatwright General Cooking 4 28-08-2008 02:50 AM
PING: Serene Jude General Cooking 1 21-11-2006 03:27 AM
PING: Serene Jude General Cooking 8 01-04-2006 02:43 AM
PING: Serene Jude General Cooking 18 27-01-2006 03:14 PM