Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Brownie Ideas

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for, but these are a
huge hit with my family and I. But do you guys have any
recommendations for a good Valentine Day dessert that doesn't include
Strawberries?

Gooey Butter Cakes

CAKE:
FILLING
1 (18.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix 1 8-ounce package
cream cheese, softened
1 egg
2 eggs
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted 1 teaspoon
pure vanilla extract

1 16-ounce box confectioners' sugar

(about 3 3/4 cups)
1/2 cup (1
stick) butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine cake mix, egg and butter
and mix well. Pat into the bottom of prepared pan and set aside.
Still using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth; add
eggs and vanilla. Dump in confectioners' sugar and beat well. Reduce
speed of mixer and slowly pour in butter. Mix well. Pour filling
onto cake mixture and spread evenly. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
Don't be afraid to make a judgment call on the cooking time, because
oven temperatures can vary. The center should be a little gooey, so
don't over bake. Remove from oven and cool completely.

LEMON GOOEY: Use a lemon cake mix in place of the yellow mix. Add
juice of (about 1/4 cup) and zest of 2 lemons to the cream cheese
filling. Proceed as above.

PEANUT BUTTER GOOEY: Use a chocolate cake mix. Add 1 cup creamy
peanut better and an extra egg to cream cheese filling. You can
sprinkle the top of batter with 1 up chopped peanuts if you like.
Proceed as directed above.

CHOCOLATE CHIP GOOEY: Use either yellow or chocolate cake mix.
Sprinkle 1 cup chocolate chops and 1 cup chopped nute on top of
filling. Proceed as directed above.

CHIPPY GOOEY: Stir 1 cup white chocolate chips, peanut butter
chocolate chips, butterscotch morsels, Heath Almond Toffee Bits or
Heath Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits into filling. Proceed as directed
above.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 9 Feb 2008 20:19:41 -0800 (PST), wrote:

>But do you guys have any
>recommendations for a good Valentine Day dessert that doesn't include
>Strawberries?

I always think of coeur a la creme, because of the heart shaped mold
http://images.surlatable.com/surlata...etail/3785.jpg

You don't need strawberry sauce - it can be any berry or even
chocolate. http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/232327

http://www.pastrywiz.com/dailyrecipes/recipes/667.htm

Coeurs à la crème au chocolat
(Chocolate Cream Hearts)
Makes 8 servings
Adapted from Mackley & Handslip

1 cup cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
1/3 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1 and 1/4 cups whipping cream
2 ounces semisweet chocolate, grated
2 egg whites

Chocolate Cream Sauce:
2/3 cups half and half
2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted

Line 8 individuals heart-shaped molds with muslin.

Press cheese through a sieve into a large bowl. Add powdered sugar and
whipping cream and beat thoroughly. Stir in grated chocolate.
In a small bowl, whisk egg whites until stiff but not dry. Lightly
fold into cheese mixture. Spoon mixture into molds. Refrigerate
overnight to drain.

To prepare chocolate cream sauce, in a small bowl, pour 1/4 of half
and half. Stir in melted chocolate. Reserve 1 tablespoon of remaining
half and half. Gradually stir remaining half and half into chocolate
mixture; stir until smooth.

Turn out each heart onto a plate and pour chocolate cream around it.
To decorate, drop dots of reserved half and half onto sauce and, using
a skewer, feather in a design.

Variations: Coeurs à la crème may be served with fruit, such as
raspberries or strawberries, or with fruit purée as a sauce instead of
chocolate cream.

For other Valentine's Day ideas
http://www.pastrywiz.com/valentine/

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 08:28:45 -0800, sf fired up random neurons and
synapses to opine:

>On Sat, 9 Feb 2008 20:19:41 -0800 (PST), wrote:
>
>>But do you guys have any
>>recommendations for a good Valentine Day dessert that doesn't include
>>Strawberries?

>I always think of coeur a la creme, because of the heart shaped mold

<snip>

Dang! I thought of the same thing, but am late to the thread! I love
coeurs a la creme and have two recipes that always work well (although
the raspberry sauce recipe is my favorite):

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Coeurs A La Creme With Raspberry Sauce

desserts

8 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened
1 1/4 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon chambord or other raspberry liqueur
1/2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
for raspberry sauce
1 pint fresh raspberries
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice

One large (16-ounce) or four individual (4-ounce) perforated
heart-shaped
ceramic molds

Garnishes
fresh raspberries
mint leaves

Cut a piece of cheesecloth into four 6-inch squares. Dampen and wring
out lightly. Press one square into each of four perforated
heart-shaped ceramic molds and set aside.

In the bowl of an electric mixer, whip the mascarpone cheese, 1/4 cup
of the cream, the vanilla, the 1 tablespoon lemon juice and the
Chambord until thoroughly blended. Refrigerate.

In a small bowl, whip the remaining 1 cup cream and the confectioners'
sugar until the cream forms stiff peaks. With a rubber spatula, fold
the whipped cream into the chilled cheese mixture in three batches.
Spoon the finished mixture into the prepared molds and fold the edges
of the cheesecloth over the tops. Lightly tap at the bottoms of the
molds on the counter to remove and air spaces between the mixture and
the molds.

Refrigerate on a tray or baking sheet a minimum of 2 to 3 hours.

Meanwhile, make raspberry sauce:

In a blender or food processor, purée the raspberries, granulated
sugar and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Taste the sauce for sweetness and
adjust the sugar or lemon juice as needed. Strain and refrigerate.

Assemble and serve:

Unfold the cheesecloth and drape it over the sides of the molds.
Invert each mold onto a serving plate. While pressing down on the
corners of the cheesecloth carefully lift off the mold. Smooth the top
with the back of a spoon and remove the cheesecloth slowly.

Spoon raspberry sauce onto the plate around the heart and garnish with
fresh berries and mint leaves.

Contributor: The Inn at Little Washington Cookbook

Yield: serves 4.

----- Now You're Cooking! v5.60 [Meal-Master Export Format]

Title: Coeurs A La Creme With Blackberries
Categories: desserts
Yield: makes 6 serving

for coeurs à la crème
3/4 lb cream cheese, softened
1 (8-oz) container sour cream
3 tb confectioners sugar, or to
-taste
1/2 ts vanilla
1/2 ts fresh lemon juice
for topping
2 (1/2-pint) containers
-blackberries (11 oz)
1 tb granulated sugar
1 tb cassis (optional)
1/2 ts fresh lemon juice

Special equipment: 6 (1/3-cup) ceramic coeur à la crème molds and
cheesecloth

Make coeurs: Beat together cream cheese, sour cream, confectioners
sugar, vanilla, juice, and a pinch of salt with an electric mixer
until smooth. Force mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl to remove
any fine lumps.

Line molds with a single layer of dampened cheesecloth and divide
cheese mixture among molds, smoothing tops. Fold overhanging
cheesecloth over tops, pressing it lightly. Refrigerate molds in a
shallow pan or dish (to catch drips) at least 4 hours.

Make topping: Mash half of blackberries with granulated sugar. Stir in
remaining whole berries, cassis, and juice, then macerate, stirring
occasionally, 20 minutes.

Unmold coeurs and carefully peel off cheesecloth. Let coeurs stand at
room temperature 20 minutes before serving. Spoon topping over coeurs.

Cooks' note:

• Coeurs may be chilled in molds up to 2 days, covered.

Contributor: Gourmet

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

-- Duncan Hines

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I recommend using devils chocolate, but that is simply because
chocolate is my favorite. My father loves the lemon cake mix with
heath crunches in the top layer. Hope that helps....

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Thank you for that recommendation, but do you have a good recipe for
Lemon Schaum Torte?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

YUMMY!! Thank you so much for this recipe this will be perfect!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Batgirl > wrote:

> Thank you for that recommendation, but do you have a good recipe for
> Lemon Schaum Torte?

I always used a Betty Crocker recipe:
http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/...020&Source=Sea
rchResultPage