Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Meyer Lemon & Tequila 8-)

I had to get this one out of my system so I could settle down to more
serious matters.

First I zested the lemon for my next project
http://i19.tinypic.com/8365vk1.jpg

Juiced the lemon for this project
http://i6.tinypic.com/72t1kba.jpg

Ready to add tequila
http://i8.tinypic.com/8fd5xkn.jpg

Needed salt so rimmed the glass with some citrus flavored sea salt.
http://i17.tinypic.com/86q68b8.jpg

Disclaimer: I am now on my second one of these. Apologies to all in
advance for any future posts. ;-)

koko
---
http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 12/30

"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 19:35:56 -0800, koko wrote:

>Needed salt so rimmed the glass with some citrus flavored sea salt.
>http://i17.tinypic.com/86q68b8.jpg

Citrus flavored sea salt... is that a grocery store item? I'm
familiar with lemon pepper, not salt. Sounds yummy.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 20:26:21 -0800, sf wrote:

>On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 19:35:56 -0800, koko wrote:
>
>>Needed salt so rimmed the glass with some citrus flavored sea salt.
>>http://i17.tinypic.com/86q68b8.jpg

>Citrus flavored sea salt... is that a grocery store item? I'm
>familiar with lemon pepper, not salt. Sounds yummy.

While I was in Albuquerque attending the rfc cookin' at Christine's we
went to many wonderful foodie places, one of them being Fremont's fine
foods http://www.nm1918.com/ that's where I bought the citrus salt and
some lavender salt and a fennel house blend which has fennel, lemon
peel, citrus and spices. Among other things. ;-)

It sure made for a nice touch to the drink.

koko
---
http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 12/30

"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 21:21:43 -0800, koko wrote:

>While I was in Albuquerque attending the rfc cookin' at Christine's we
>went to many wonderful foodie places, one of them being Fremont's fine
>foods http://www.nm1918.com/ that's where I bought the citrus salt and
>some lavender salt and a fennel house blend which has fennel, lemon
>peel, citrus and spices. Among other things. ;-)

I read very recently that fancy salts are becoming common.... they're
stocked in grocery stores now. Apparently I'm not shopping at the
correct ones yet.... or I'm not noticing.

I ran into some fancy salts before xmas and bought them as part of my
SS gift on abf, but that was at a specialty store. BTW: the store
says they are going to be drying sea salt locally and gave me the
impression they will be flavoring it too. I'll be interested to see
what transpires.

Meyer Lemon Zest Nonny Barbecue 7 18-07-2009 06:49 PM
Poached Salmon with Lemon Crisps and Meyer Lemon Cream becky Recipes (moderated) 0 07-01-2007 03:42 AM
Fried Meyer lemon slices jillie General Cooking 58 30-11-2005 08:50 PM
The Creamery's Meyer Lemon Cake? Opvidfan General Cooking 0 09-06-2004 03:22 AM