Glenn Jacobs

Default Cooking on gas range vs electric range. (Update)

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 22:51:41 -0400, JNJ wrote:

> For those who are interested, we decided to continue with gas for the time
> being. Two major factors contributed to this decision. First and foremost,
> the electrical work to put in an electric range would be a royal pain and a
> half -- we'd have to put in a new breaker box and rewire it, add a pair of
> 20amp breakers and new wiring/outlet, and I'm pretty sure we do not have
> enough service coming into the house which means more pain getting that
> corrected.

<Snip>
I didn't see thje original post why would anyone take out a gas stove and
put in an electric. I can see putting in a better gas stove. The only
problem I have ever had with a gas stove is simmering and the with the
better gas stoves this isn't a problem. A defusser (spelling?) can help
with this.

JakeInHartsel