Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default frozen peas request

WoW...! Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply to my
"peas request". I now have all kinds of yummy variations to try. I
appreciate the help!

Teresa
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sun 16 Dec 2007 12:04:25p, Teresa meant to say...

> WoW...! Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply to my
> "peas request". I now have all kinds of yummy variations to try. I
> appreciate the help!
>
> Teresa

I don't know if anyone has mentioned using peas as the main ingredient in a
salad, but we sometimes make this:

3 cups (2 10oz pkgs frozen), thawed
4 to 5 slices crisply cooked bacon, crumbled
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup roasted peanuts
1/4 cup chopped green onions or chives
salt and pepper. to taste
mint or fresh dill, as desired

Allow peas to thaw completely; drain well. Combine all ingredients and
refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve on lettuce. If you wish it to be
meatless, omit the bacon.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Dec 13,2007

Countdown 'til Christmas
1wks 2dys 5hrs 45mins 41secs
Did you really expect mere proof to
sway my opinion? HA!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 21:44:36 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>Oh pshaw, on Sun 16 Dec 2007 12:04:25p, Teresa meant to say...
>
>> WoW...! Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply to my
>> "peas request". I now have all kinds of yummy variations to try. I
>> appreciate the help!
>>
>> Teresa
>>

>I don't know if anyone has mentioned using peas as the main ingredient in a
>salad, but we sometimes make this:
>
>3 cups (2 10oz pkgs frozen), thawed
>4 to 5 slices crisply cooked bacon, crumbled
>1 cup sour cream
>1/2 cup roasted peanuts
>1/4 cup chopped green onions or chives
>salt and pepper. to taste
>mint or fresh dill, as desired
>
>Allow peas to thaw completely; drain well. Combine all ingredients and
>refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve on lettuce. If you wish it to be
>meatless, omit the bacon.

I was wondering when someone would mention that recipe! I've never
put peanuts in it though.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sun 16 Dec 2007 02:52:19p, meant to say...

> On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 21:44:36 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
>>Oh pshaw, on Sun 16 Dec 2007 12:04:25p, Teresa meant to say...
>>
>>> WoW...! Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply to my
>>> "peas request". I now have all kinds of yummy variations to try. I
>>> appreciate the help!
>>>
>>> Teresa
>>>

>>I don't know if anyone has mentioned using peas as the main ingredient
>>in a salad, but we sometimes make this:
>>
>>3 cups (2 10oz pkgs frozen), thawed
>>4 to 5 slices crisply cooked bacon, crumbled
>>1 cup sour cream
>>1/2 cup roasted peanuts
>>1/4 cup chopped green onions or chives
>>salt and pepper. to taste
>>mint or fresh dill, as desired
>>
>>Allow peas to thaw completely; drain well. Combine all ingredients and
>>refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve on lettuce. If you wish it to
>>be meatless, omit the bacon.

> I was wondering when someone would mention that recipe! I've never
> put peanuts in it though.

If you like peanuts, do try it sometime. It's very good together.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Dec 13,2007

Countdown 'til Christmas
1wks 2dys 5hrs 45mins 41secs
Did you really expect mere proof to
sway my opinion? HA!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 16, 4:44 pm, Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
> Oh pshaw, on Sun 16 Dec 2007 12:04:25p, Teresa meant to say...
>
> > WoW...! Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply to my
> > "peas request". I now have all kinds of yummy variations to try. I
> > appreciate the help!

> > Teresa

> I don't know if anyone has mentioned using peas as the main ingredient in a
> salad, but we sometimes make this:
>
> 3 cups (2 10oz pkgs frozen), thawed
> 4 to 5 slices crisply cooked bacon, crumbled
> 1 cup sour cream
> 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
> 1/4 cup chopped green onions or chives
> salt and pepper. to taste
> mint or fresh dill, as desired
>
> Allow peas to thaw completely; drain well. Combine all ingredients and
> refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve on lettuce. If you wish it to be
> meatless, omit the bacon.
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright
>
> Date: Dec 13,2007

Thank you Wayne.........that sounds good!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sun 16 Dec 2007 04:43:35p, Teresa meant to say...

> On Dec 16, 4:44 pm, Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>> Oh pshaw, on Sun 16 Dec 2007 12:04:25p, Teresa meant to say...
>>
>> > WoW...! Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply to my
>> > "peas request". I now have all kinds of yummy variations to try. I
>> > appreciate the help!

>> > Teresa

>> I don't know if anyone has mentioned using peas as the main ingredient
>> in a salad, but we sometimes make this:
>>
>> 3 cups (2 10oz pkgs frozen), thawed
>> 4 to 5 slices crisply cooked bacon, crumbled
>> 1 cup sour cream
>> 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
>> 1/4 cup chopped green onions or chives
>> salt and pepper. to taste
>> mint or fresh dill, as desired
>>
>> Allow peas to thaw completely; drain well. Combine all ingredients and
>> refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve on lettuce. If you wish it to
>> be meatless, omit the bacon.
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright
>>
>> Date: Dec 13,2007
>>

> Thank you Wayne.........that sounds good!

You're very welcome. Enjoy!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Dec 13,2007