Jack Schidt®

Default What I did on my autumn vacation...

Now that I'm thousands of air miles away from the sharp objects, the tale
can now be told...

I was born in a log cabin in Brooklyn....oops, wrong story.

I flew into san diego on friday, rented a convert-o-bile, hit the used cd
store and drove up the freeway to Poway (pronounced 'PAW-way'). Nice town,
picket lines at the grocery stores and all. On first inspection, I
commented to myself on the lack of divy taverns (always do, been around the
block ya know). Anyway, there's supposed to be a rendevous at a local
burger joint for pre-game festivities; I missed this by a scant minute so I
headed back to san diego and found a mex joint that featured calamari
rellenos (ask if you want to know about this). Beers, natch and then off to
dreamland. Notice there's no mention of arson.

Next day, the cook-in. Hokay, coupla last minute things to pick up, not
crossing any picket lines, I head up to the Bartos' dream house up on the
hill overlooking PAW-way. I won't mention names, but I met some really
straight-up nice folks and hey, I didn't get abused too much (I did more
damage to myself).

Awright, enough of the blow by blow, I don't need a 5 meg post here.
Suffice it to say, I had a terrific time. Great people, really great folks,
made this swamp yank feel right at home and welcome. Still no thoughts of
arson.

Jack Arsonista

PS email me if you want the dirt.

Melba's Jammin'

In article > , "Jack
Schidt®" > wrote:
(snipperage)

> Next day, the cook-in. Hokay, coupla last minute things to pick up, not
> crossing any picket lines, I head up to the Bartos' dream house up on the
> hill overlooking PAW-way. I won't mention names, but I met some really
> straight-up nice folks and hey, I didn't get abused too much (I did more
> damage to myself).
>
> Awright, enough of the blow by blow,

MY GOD, they were doing THAT????
(Send me the dirt, Bucko!)
--
-Barb (www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 10-16-03; check the PickleHats tab, too.)
Bob Pastorio

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> In article > , "Jack=20
> Schidt=AE" > wrote:
> (snipperage)
>=20
>>Next day, the cook-in. Hokay, coupla last minute things to pick up, no=

>>crossing any picket lines, I head up to the Bartos' dream house up on t=

he
>>hill overlooking PAW-way. I won't mention names, but I met some really=

>>straight-up nice folks and hey, I didn't get abused too much (I did mor=

>>damage to myself).
>>
>>Awright, enough of the blow by blow,=20

>=20
>=20
> MY GOD, they were doing THAT????

Didn't you see it was California?

Pastorio

Margaret Suran

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> In article > , "Jack
> Schidt®" > wrote:
> (snipperage)
> >
> > Next day, the cook-in. Hokay, coupla last minute things to pick up, not
> > crossing any picket lines, I head up to the Bartos' dream house up on the
> > hill overlooking PAW-way. I won't mention names, but I met some really
> > straight-up nice folks and hey, I didn't get abused too much (I did more
> > damage to myself).
> >
> > Awright, enough of the blow by blow,

> MY GOD, they were doing THAT????
> (Send me the dirt, Bucko!)
> --

And you have the nerve to say/think that I am kinky. I happen to be
respectable. I am too old to be anything but respectable. Oh, well, I
was young once, too. )
Z GIRL

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article > , "Jack
> Schidt®" > wrote:
> (snipperage)
> >
> > Next day, the cook-in. Hokay, coupla last minute things to pick up, not
> > crossing any picket lines, I head up to the Bartos' dream house up on

the
> > hill overlooking PAW-way. I won't mention names, but I met some really
> > straight-up nice folks and hey, I didn't get abused too much (I did more
> > damage to myself).
> >
> > Awright, enough of the blow by blow,

> MY GOD, they were doing THAT????
> (Send me the dirt, Bucko!)
> --

Yeah and on the stairs with a Bong none the less. You go Tiger!!!!!!

Barbara

> -Barb (www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 10-16-03; check the PickleHats tab,

too.)

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, Dog3
> wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' > deliciously posted in
> :

(snippage)
> >> Awright, enough of the blow by blow,

> > MY GOD, they were doing THAT????
> > (Send me the dirt, Bucko!)

> And I wasn't going to go there.

See? We Minnesotans have a reputation for being Proper. Do you
understand this?: "The woman with a reputation as an early riser can
sleep until noon."

>I just emailed him for the dirt. I'll share.

He sent it to me, too. I thought it was a pretty boring Dirt Report.
Everybody WAS nice. I expected better.

--
-Barb (www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 10-16-03; check the PickleHats tab, too.)
Melba's Jammin'

In article >, Bob Pastorio
> wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
> > In article > , "Jack
> > Schidt®" > wrote: (snipperage)
> >
> >>Next day, the cook-in. Hokay, coupla last minute things to pick
> >>up, not crossing any picket lines, I head up to the Bartos' dream
> >>house up on the hill overlooking PAW-way. I won't mention names,
> >>but I met some really straight-up nice folks and hey, I didn't get
> >>abused too much (I did more damage to myself).
> >>

> >>Awright, enough of the blow by blow,

> > MY GOD, they were doing THAT????

> Didn't you see it was California?
>
> Pastorio

Well, yeah. . . .but with STRANGERS? I gotta get out more.
--
-Barb (www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 10-16-03; check the PickleHats tab, too.)
Melba's Jammin'

In article >, Margaret Suran >
wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:

(snip)> > > Awright, enough of the blow by blow,

> > MY GOD, they were doing THAT????
> > (Send me the dirt, Bucko!)
> > --

> And you have the nerve to say/think that I am kinky. I happen to be
> respectable. I am too old to be anything but respectable.

But being old and*not* respectable is where the fun is, Margaret! You
running low on wine again?

>Oh, well, I was young once, too. )

And you have the youngest heart of anyone I know.
--
-Barb (www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 10-16-03; check the PickleHats tab, too.)
k%i%m%m%alo@min%d%%sp%ring.c%o%m%

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 01:41:12 GMT, "Jack Schidt®"
> wrote:

>...and found a mex joint that featured calamari
>rellenos (ask if you want to know about this).

Yeah, actually I do. Stuffed squid? Squid as part of the chile
stuffing? Anyway, sounds interesting...

Also sounds like you had fun.

Best
Kim
Play the percentages to reply
Jack Schidt®

%o%m%> wrote in message
> On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 01:41:12 GMT, "Jack Schidt®"
> > wrote:
>
> >...and found a mex joint that featured calamari
> >rellenos (ask if you want to know about this).

> Yeah, actually I do. Stuffed squid? Squid as part of the chile
> stuffing? Anyway, sounds interesting...

It was a tube of squid stuffed with cheese and vegetables, sliced and served
with rice and beans, pico de gallo. A real party on a plate!

> Also sounds like you had fun.

It would have been hard not to; great folks and great food. The drinking
was quite noteworthy too.

> Best
> Kim
> Play the percentages to reply

I'll say; you get the 'munge' award for this month.

Jack Squid-O

Christine Dabney

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:29:41 GMT, "Jack Schidt®"
> wrote:

>It would have been hard not to; great folks and great food. The drinking
>was quite noteworthy too.

You ain't seen nothin' yet. Wait til next time, when Kay is supposed
to be there.. And a slew of other folks who supposely might make
it then.

Christine
maxine in ri

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> In article >, Margaret Suran >
> wrote:
>
> > Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> (snip)> > > Awright, enough of the blow by blow,
> > >
> > > MY GOD, they were doing THAT????
> > > (Send me the dirt, Bucko!)
> > > --

> > And you have the nerve to say/think that I am kinky. I happen to be
> > respectable. I am too old to be anything but respectable.

> But being old and*not* respectable is where the fun is, Margaret! You
> running low on wine again?
>
> >Oh, well, I was young once, too. )

> And you have the youngest heart of anyone I know.
> --
> -Barb (www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 10-16-03; check the PickleHats tab, too.)

From your mouth to God's ear, and her arteries, too.<g>

maxine in ri
k%i%m%m%alo@min%d%%sp%ring.c%o%m%

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:29:41 GMT, "Jack Schidt®"
> wrote:

%o%m%> wrote in message
.. .
>> On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 01:41:12 GMT, "Jack Schidt®"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >...and found a mex joint that featured calamari
>> >rellenos (ask if you want to know about this).

>> Yeah, actually I do. Stuffed squid? Squid as part of the chile
>> stuffing? Anyway, sounds interesting...

>It was a tube of squid stuffed with cheese and vegetables, sliced and served
>with rice and beans, pico de gallo. A real party on a plate!

Damn that sounds good, done with some squid fresh enough to still have
the faint fresh sea tang to it. There's a place that used to be up
north of you in Porter Square Cambridge that did relenos where they
took the hot pepper, stuffed it with goat cheese and then plugged the
end with a jumbo shrimp before coating and frying it. To DIE for with
the sweet shrimp, melted slightly tangy cheese and medium hot pepper
all together in one bite. I was thinking it might be something like
that with minced squid.

>> Best
>> Kim
>> Play the percentages to reply

>I'll say; you get the 'munge' award for this month.

*snort* It's a combination of munge and easily demunged swearing. I
still get at least 100-200 viruses daily because of doing an FAQ on
another group that also hits the *answers groups and resent even
having to munge.

Kim

To reply, take less from the email addy

The psoriasis newsgroup FAQ can be found
at http://www.psoriasisfaq.com
and posted twice monthly to a ng near you.

Hot tea for autumn toci Tea 3 25-09-2013 10:50 PM
Now that autumn is here... Bob Terwilliger[_1_] General Cooking 5 14-10-2011 05:31 AM
Autumn Casserole Michele Recipes (moderated) 0 25-10-2006 05:26 PM
The autumn pick. Mydnight Tea 9 28-10-2005 06:08 AM