Old 11-12-2007, 01:16 PM posted to alt.california, or.politics, rec.food.cooking, tx.guns,alt.politics

Default New scam alert! Non-English-speaking illegals as foster parentsof monolingual English U.S. kids!

On Dec 10, 8:14 pm, bersomi wrote:
Jesus H. Christ, if this isn't the straw that broke the camel's
back!

I just got off the phone with a close friend of mine who happens to
be a public school teacher in California. My totally outraged friend
informed me that since September they've seen several instances in
which non-hispanic, non-Spanish-speaking American boys and girls have
been placed by the state of California with non-English-speaking
illegal alien foster parents!

There's just so much wrong here I don't know where to begin. In the
first place, isn't it unconscionably dangerous for the state to place
a child (any child) into a home with people whose very identities not
even the cops, much less state government employees, can be certain
of? I mean, most aware people today realize that illegal aliens often
use literally dozens of aliases. How does the state know that the
illegal aliens who it's approved to be foster parents aren't (as so
many illegals, it turns out, in fact are) horrible child abusers?

And how in the hell are the non-Spanish-speaking American foster
kids placed into these non-English-speaking foster homes supposed to
communicate with their Spanish-speaking-only, non-English-speaking
foster parents? What if the kid has a serious medical or other
problem? How are they supposed to clearly communicate? As per my
friend (who speaks a little Spanish), one such foster parent they
called last week spoke not a word of English and, when asked how they
communicate with the non-Spanish-speaking foster kid my friend was
calling about (who's their student) the foster parent told my friend
(in Spanish, needless to say) that "her daughter" translates. But what
if the daughter isn't there and there's an urgent or emergency
situation? The foster parent won't be able to understand what the kid
is trying to tell them. (Is this common sense stuff or what????)

Last, but not least, what kind of insanity would allow the state
bureaucracy to consider for even a second allowing illegal aliens (and
ones who don't even speak English, on top of that) to serve as state-
approved foster parents?

And these non-Englsih-speaking illegal aliens are raking in
thousands of dollars per kid they take in!
As per my friend, the illegal alien foster parents are basically
"warehousing" the kids by providing a bed to sleep on and little more
and receiving thousands per kid. In one case my friend dealt with last
year the non-English-speaking illegal set up shop as a foster home for
kids from babies to teenagers. The government social services agencies
send the Spanish-only, non-English-speaking illegal alien lady a check
for each kid every month and she's supposed to spend some of it on the
kid but keep the rest for her "expenses". Talk about a racket! God
help us! What in the world has our country come to when such an
atrocity can take place with the full help of the government?

In my opinion the fact that illegals are now deeply into the new,
very profitable racket of serving as foster parents is enough of a
nauseating scandal. The fact that the state is now putting non-Spanish-
speaking American children into the Spanish-speaking-only homes of
illegal aliens just takes the cake and needs to be thoroughly
investigated.

I encourage anyone concerned who's reading this to ring this
situation to the attention of the best investigative journalists they
know, for it's so over-the-top and hard to believe that an expose of
it could win the news show, newspaper or magazine they work for
ratings and awards! Just "follow the money!"

California is a total waste.

greg

http://www.newnation.org/ New Nation News