Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ping Nancy Y, and Arri:Taylor Pork Roll redux

Heya,

Guess what I just found in the cold cuts case of one of the markets I
frequent? Taylor Pork Roll!!!

Arri, it was in the Sunflower Market. And there will be a new one
opening in December on the southwest corner of Lomas and San Mateo.
You can then buy it to your heart's content!

In the meantime, I have one here that Nancy will gladly let me share
with you. I am off come Saturday morning, and have no plans during
the week other than doing some general cleaning in some rooms here,
and cleaning up my garage. Want to do some cooking??!??

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christine Dabney" > wrote

> Guess what I just found in the cold cuts case of one of the markets I
> frequent? Taylor Pork Roll!!!

It's everywhere now!

> In the meantime, I have one here that Nancy will gladly let me share
> with you.

While I was away I emailed you that I'd be happy for Arri to have it.

> I am off come Saturday morning, and have no plans during
> the week other than doing some general cleaning in some rooms here,
> and cleaning up my garage. Want to do some cooking??!??

A cookintini!

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> A cookintini!
>
> nancy

Holy Cow Batman.. if that doesn't sound like one of Kay Hartman's drink
projects, nothing does! LOL.
Remember the great margherita recipe testing? It was a rough job but she
was well up to the task....
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 23:39:33 -0400, Goomba38 >
wrote:

>Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> A cookintini!
>>
>> nancy
>>

>Holy Cow Batman.. if that doesn't sound like one of Kay Hartman's drink
>projects, nothing does! LOL.
>Remember the great margherita recipe testing? It was a rough job but she
>was well up to the task....

Wonder what would be in a cookintini?

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:

> Wonder what would be in a cookintini?
>

> Christine

A huge cocktail party "drink-in" I know that would appeal to you. Did
you read Ruhlman's blog about that great old fashioned cocktail bar in
Cleveland? I would love to go try it out!
(Oh yeah-both batches of limoncello now made and sitting in the pantry
stewin'away!)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Thu 11 Oct 2007 08:57:16p, Goomba38 meant to say...

> Christine Dabney wrote:
>

>> Wonder what would be in a cookintini?
>>

>> Christine

> A huge cocktail party "drink-in" I know that would appeal to you. Did
> you read Ruhlman's blog about that great old fashioned cocktail bar in
> Cleveland? I would love to go try it out!
> (Oh yeah-both batches of limoncello now made and sitting in the pantry
> stewin'away!)

What old fashioned cocktail bar in Cleveland would that be? I found
Ruhlman's blog, but not that detail. I spent most of my life in Cleveland.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Answers: $1, Short: $5, Correct: $25, dumb looks
are still free.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 04:26:40 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>Oh pshaw, on Thu 11 Oct 2007 08:57:16p, Goomba38 meant to say...

Did
>> you read Ruhlman's blog about that great old fashioned cocktail bar in
>> Cleveland? I would love to go try it out!

>What old fashioned cocktail bar in Cleveland would that be? I found
>Ruhlman's blog, but not that detail. I spent most of my life in Cleveland.

Here it is:
http://blog.ruhlman.com/ruhlmancom/2...st-bar-in.html

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Thu 11 Oct 2007 09:36:04p, Christine Dabney meant to say...

> On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 04:26:40 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
>>Oh pshaw, on Thu 11 Oct 2007 08:57:16p, Goomba38 meant to say... Did
>>> you read Ruhlman's blog about that great old fashioned cocktail bar in
>>> Cleveland? I would love to go try it out!

>>What old fashioned cocktail bar in Cleveland would that be? I found
>>Ruhlman's blog, but not that detail. I spent most of my life in
>>Cleveland.

> Here it is:
> http://blog.ruhlman.com/ruhlmancom/2...st-bar-in.html
>
> Christine

Tthanks, Christine. That place must have sprung up after we moved from
Cleveland in 2000. I'm sure I would have known about it if it had been
there before we moved. Looks great!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Answers: $1, Short: $5, Correct: $25, dumb looks
are still free.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 21:41:06 -0600, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

>On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 23:39:33 -0400, Goomba38 >
>wrote:
>
>>Nancy Young wrote:
>>
>>> A cookintini!
>>>
>>> nancy
>>>

>>Holy Cow Batman.. if that doesn't sound like one of Kay Hartman's drink
>>projects, nothing does! LOL.
>>Remember the great margherita recipe testing? It was a rough job but she
>>was well up to the task....

>Wonder what would be in a cookintini?
>

>Christine

i'm guessing no hydrogenated fats, panko crumbs, or canned soups.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:

> Heya,
>
> Guess what I just found in the cold cuts case of one of the markets I
> frequent? Taylor Pork Roll!!!

Manna from Heaven!!

> Arri, it was in the Sunflower Market. And there will be a new one
> opening in December on the southwest corner of Lomas and San Mateo.
> You can then buy it to your heart's content!

LOL is that the one on 4th St NW? That lot on Lomas and San Mateo is
very near where I went to Taiko practise. It's been empty for ages. Glad
something useful is coming in.

> In the meantime, I have one here that Nancy will gladly let me share
> with you. I am off come Saturday morning, and have no plans during
> the week other than doing some general cleaning in some rooms here,
> and cleaning up my garage. Want to do some cooking??!??
>
> Christine

Yes indeed. Will email you work out a date. Any day except Fri 19th;
that's for my long-awaited dentist appointment.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> "Christine Dabney" > wrote
>
> > Guess what I just found in the cold cuts case of one of the markets I
> > frequent? Taylor Pork Roll!!!

> It's everywhere now!

Apparently it is.

> > In the meantime, I have one here that Nancy will gladly let me share
> > with you.

> While I was away I emailed you that I'd be happy for Arri to have it.

LOL you are kind indeed! Even have nice brown bread (the cylindrical
sort) to go with it.

> > I am off come Saturday morning, and have no plans during
> > the week other than doing some general cleaning in some rooms here,
> > and cleaning up my garage. Want to do some cooking??!??

> A cookintini!
>
> nancy

Sounds good to me!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> Oh pshaw, on Thu 11 Oct 2007 09:36:04p, Christine Dabney meant to say...
>
> > On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 04:26:40 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > > wrote:
> >
> >>Oh pshaw, on Thu 11 Oct 2007 08:57:16p, Goomba38 meant to say... Did

> >>What old fashioned cocktail bar in Cleveland would that be? I found
> >>Ruhlman's blog, but not that detail. I spent most of my life in
> >>Cleveland.

> > Here it is:
> > http://blog.ruhlman.com/ruhlmancom/2...st-bar-in.html
> >
> > Christine
> >

> Tthanks, Christine. That place must have sprung up after we moved from
> Cleveland in 2000. I'm sure I would have known about it if it had been
> there before we moved. Looks great!
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright

Went to a cocktail 'lounge' in San Diego called the 'Moonglow Lounge'.
Also from the 50s. Nice place.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 16:16:37 -0600, Arri London >
wrote:

>Christine Dabney wrote:

>Manna from Heaven!!
>>
>> Arri, it was in the Sunflower Market.

>LOL is that the one on 4th St NW?

No, it is on the corner of Alameda and Coors Blvd/Corrales Road. I go
over there about once a week, since they have a better selection of
veggies than some places.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 16:16:37 -0600, Arri London >
> wrote:
>
> >Christine Dabney wrote:

> >Manna from Heaven!!
> >>
> >> Arri, it was in the Sunflower Market.

> >LOL is that the one on 4th St NW?

> No, it is on the corner of Alameda and Coors Blvd/Corrales Road. I go
> over there about once a week, since they have a better selection of
> veggies than some places.
>
> Christine

On the other side of the river? Too far for me LOL. There is supposed to
be a good fruit/veg market on 4th street but obviously it isn't the
Sunflower.