Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I forgot to come to useful people here :)

Yesterday, I bought a whole chicken dressed and stuffed already
wirhing 5.64 lbs. I asked the ugy there how mnay minutes would I need
to bake and he said about 1 1/2 hour but go to foodnetwork.com and
find out for sure.

So today, I went to foodnetwork.com and there were a million recipes
for bakign chicken and so I decided to just do 1 1/2 hr at 350 degree
but only that I forgot start the timer. It was sooon after I tatked
with a firned on the phone and so I juts guess that it's been about 45
mins and so I timed for another 45 mins. But after 20 more minutes, I
still see pink and so I am putting for another 15 mins. Obviously,
initial cooked time must have been less than 45 min when I realized
that I didn't put the timer on.

So, wht temp and how mins per lb was I supposed to use for baking a
stuffed chicken (stuffed like Turkey)?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"amandaF" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Yesterday, I bought a whole chicken dressed and stuffed already
> wirhing 5.64 lbs. I asked the ugy there how mnay minutes would I need
> to bake and he said about 1 1/2 hour but go to foodnetwork.com and
> find out for sure.
>
> So today, I went to foodnetwork.com and there were a million recipes
> for bakign chicken and so I decided to just do 1 1/2 hr at 350 degree
> but only that I forgot start the timer. It was sooon after I tatked
> with a firned on the phone and so I juts guess that it's been about 45
> mins and so I timed for another 45 mins. But after 20 more minutes, I
> still see pink and so I am putting for another 15 mins. Obviously,
> initial cooked time must have been less than 45 min when I realized
> that I didn't put the timer on.
>
> So, wht temp and how mins per lb was I supposed to use for baking a
> stuffed chicken (stuffed like Turkey)?

You can estimate the time, but for a stuffed chicken, the only way I'd trust
the process was to use a meat thermometer. Do you own one?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

amanda****Face trolls:
> Yesterday, I bought a whole chicken dressed and stuffed already
> wirhing 5.64 lbs. I asked the ugy there how mnay minutes would I need
> to bake and he said about 1 1/2 hour but go to foodnetwork.com and
> find out for sure.
>
> So today, I went to foodnetwork.com and there were a million recipes
> for bakign chicken and so I decided to just do 1 1/2 hr at 350 degree
> but only that I forgot start the timer. It was sooon after I tatked
> with a firned on the phone and so I juts guess that it's been about 45
> mins and so I timed for another 45 mins. But after 20 more minutes, I
> still see pink and so I am putting for another 15 mins. Obviously,
> initial cooked time must have been less than 45 min when I realized
> that I didn't put the timer on.
>
> So, wht temp and how mins per lb was I supposed to use for baking a
> stuffed chicken (stuffed like Turkey)?

With a raw chicken already stuffed more than a couple hours ago your
very best bet is to toss it directly in the trash... do not pass Go,
do not collect $200... shitcan it.

TROLL!

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"amandaF" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Yesterday, I bought a whole chicken dressed and stuffed already
> wirhing 5.64 lbs. I asked the ugy there how mnay minutes would I need
> to bake and he said about 1 1/2 hour but go to foodnetwork.com and
> find out for sure.
>
> So today, I went to foodnetwork.com and there were a million recipes
> for bakign chicken and so I decided to just do 1 1/2 hr at 350 degree
> but only that I forgot start the timer. It was sooon after I tatked
> with a firned on the phone and so I juts guess that it's been about 45
> mins and so I timed for another 45 mins. But after 20 more minutes, I
> still see pink and so I am putting for another 15 mins. Obviously,
> initial cooked time must have been less than 45 min when I realized
> that I didn't put the timer on.
>
> So, wht temp and how mins per lb was I supposed to use for baking a
> stuffed chicken (stuffed like Turkey)?

Wehn you bgouht the whole dressed chicken it was wirhing? Wirhing like a
top? And are yuo suer it was 5.64 lbs? Maybe ut was inly 5.63 which woudl
chnge the time of bakign it would ned.

Then yuo said you asked the ugy there. Just where was this ugy? There, or
here? Also, I don't think you'd ned to bake that mnay minutes - yuo should
bake the chicken instead.

Yuo said that there were a million recipes for bakign chicken. That's alot.
Are yuo srue it was a million and not only a few hndred toughsand? How
sooooon did you tatked with a firned? Do ferns usually tatked? Lastly, I
didn't know the country of Turkey was stuffed. I know that turkey can be
stuffed, but wow, to stuff all of Turkey - that's smoething esle. You shure
do tipe gud two.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 28, 5:17 am, "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:
> "amandaF" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>

> > Yesterday, I bought a whole chicken dressed and stuffed already
> > wirhing 5.64 lbs. I asked the ugy there how mnay minutes would I need
> > to bake and he said about 1 1/2 hour but go to foodnetwork.com and
> > find out for sure.

> > So today, I went to foodnetwork.com and there were a million recipes
> > for bakign chicken and so I decided to just do 1 1/2 hr at 350 degree
> > but only that I forgot start the timer. It was sooon after I tatked
> > with a firned on the phone and so I juts guess that it's been about 45
> > mins and so I timed for another 45 mins. But after 20 more minutes, I
> > still see pink and so I am putting for another 15 mins. Obviously,
> > initial cooked time must have been less than 45 min when I realized
> > that I didn't put the timer on.

> > So, wht temp and how mins per lb was I supposed to use for baking a
> > stuffed chicken (stuffed like Turkey)?

> You can estimate the time, but for a stuffed chicken, the only way I'd trust
> the process was to use a meat thermometer. Do you own one?

No. I don't have it. This is what I did. I ate some from the top layer
and then noticed some pink and so I just cut them up removing the bone
and cooked some more in microwave and played it safe.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"amandaF" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Sep 28, 5:17 am, "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:
>> "amandaF" > wrote in message
>>
>> ups.com...
>>

>> > Yesterday, I bought a whole chicken dressed and stuffed already
>> > wirhing 5.64 lbs. I asked the ugy there how mnay minutes would I need
>> > to bake and he said about 1 1/2 hour but go to foodnetwork.com and
>> > find out for sure.

>> > So today, I went to foodnetwork.com and there were a million recipes
>> > for bakign chicken and so I decided to just do 1 1/2 hr at 350 degree
>> > but only that I forgot start the timer. It was sooon after I tatked
>> > with a firned on the phone and so I juts guess that it's been about 45
>> > mins and so I timed for another 45 mins. But after 20 more minutes, I
>> > still see pink and so I am putting for another 15 mins. Obviously,
>> > initial cooked time must have been less than 45 min when I realized
>> > that I didn't put the timer on.

>> > So, wht temp and how mins per lb was I supposed to use for baking a
>> > stuffed chicken (stuffed like Turkey)?

>> You can estimate the time, but for a stuffed chicken, the only way I'd
>> trust
>> the process was to use a meat thermometer. Do you own one?

> No. I don't have it. This is what I did. I ate some from the top layer
> and then noticed some pink and so I just cut them up removing the bone
> and cooked some more in microwave and played it safe.

OK. Sounds like you are a candidate for skydiving, and having your parachute
prepared by a blind paraplegic.