Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default boiled potatoes in slow cooker?

"Gregory Morrow" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
>
>> "Dan Goodman" > wrote in message
>>
>> ouse.com...

>> phouse.com...

>> > I really don't see why that matters.
>> > Dan Goodman

>> It matters because a slow cooker is harder to clean than a simple pot
>> with a
>> lid.

> Nonsense, my slow cooker is a snap to clean, I wish my other pots 'n
> pans were as easy to clean...
> Greg

Does yours have an insert that can be removed for cleaning? If yes, what's
the insert made of?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in :

> "Dan Goodman" > wrote in message
> ouse.com...
>>I want to boil potatoes in a slow cooker. Googling for recipes turns

> How would you bring anything in a slow cooker to a boil?

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Fact_Sheets...afety/index.as

I notice that when my slow cooker is on HIGH, the liquid is bubbling.

--

Charles
The significant problems we face cannot be solved

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote in
:

> "Dan Goodman" > wrote in message
> ouse.com...
>> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
>>
>>> "Dan Goodman" > wrote in message
>>> ouse.com...
>>>

>>> Why do you want to boil potatoes in a slow cooker? What is the
>>> source of this idea?

>> I really don't see why that matters.
>> Dan Goodman

> It matters because a slow cooker is harder to clean than a simple pot
> with a lid. Unless you do not have a stove on which you can heat a
> pot, there is no sane reason to use a slow cooker to boil potatoes.

Other than using it with a timer so you come home to boiled potatoes (or
nearly boiled potatoes).

--

Charles
The significant problems we face cannot be solved
at the same level of thinking we were at when we
created them. Albert Einstein

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Charles Quinn" > wrote in message
. 3.70...
> "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote in
> :
>
>> "Dan Goodman" > wrote in message
>> ouse.com...

>>> I really don't see why that matters.
>>> Dan Goodman

>> It matters because a slow cooker is harder to clean than a simple pot
>> with a lid. Unless you do not have a stove on which you can heat a
>> pot, there is no sane reason to use a slow cooker to boil potatoes.

> Other than using it with a timer so you come home to boiled potatoes (or
> nearly boiled potatoes).
> Charles

Give me a break...
What about the rest of the dinner?